It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your search in the Paranormal is useless...Forever.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I never believed in the Paranormal, until things changed on my end and through those times since, I have got many pieces of evidence from EVP, to actual video footage. I have not seen a full blown apparition but I have enough. I have never shared nor will I ever do so.

Why? It is very simple, while trying to discuss or share this realm of study, you try to focus on these main factors. To share, to understand, to prove, and to discover. But in doing that at the end of your journey your only point to prove is to yourself, for only you can satisfy anything you accomplish.

I have tried a couple times to discuss, and was close to sharing evidence once but the atheists and doubters came out in spades with their usual nonsense cause obviously science knows everything right? This 100 years of '' breakthrough '' science has answered everything that millions of years has not got real answers to.

And it's getting worse, to some it's celebrated and searching or even remotely believing in anything is frowned upon no matter how good the evidence is. If it is too good, it's fake, and if it's not good enough, it's fake, and there ARE no in-betweens. It's useless now.

Atheists and doubters automatically reject all of everything that does not makes them feel smarter than you, you lose on their end in every way, shape, or form no matter how good it is, it will never change only allow them a forum to speak upon. To them being witty is the most important thing, the truth does not matter if a device does not '' prove '' it, and when your mind is closed then your whole opinion means nothing.

Of course it is not all of them but a high percentage of people in general, very high.

My point is to tell you all, if you want to find the truth don't focus on posting anything, do try to ask for nothing, do it yourself for yourself cause in the end, your own opinion is not a opinion anymore it is a open debate to satisfy those who automatically will never believe and the ones that need and wants to even try to understand gets lost in the shuffle of argueing bigots hellbent on logging off and laying down thinking their reason for believing in nothing still stands firm.

I'm not expecting anything or even responses, just a opinion to share to help those of you I have been reading for awhile, just do it, focus, get it right and you might as well keep it to yourself. You never win in the end. Never will.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

So the haters and skeptics are going to prevent you from sharing these awesome clips and recordings that many of us would undoubtedly enjoy? That's how much your research and time spent is worth to you?

Sounds important. Have fun.

edit on 17-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

There it is, about what I expected. Congrats..

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I happen to be one of those who would love to see what you have. I know there's spirits, and I would love to visit Poveglia Island.

I never believed in the Paranormal, until things changed on my end and through those times since, I have got many pieces of evidence from EVP, to actual video footage. I have not seen a full blown apparition but I have enough. I have never shared nor will I ever do so.

This right here tells me I might like to have a look. But if your stuff isn't worth sharing despite the boos and hisses, then I'll trust your opinion...I guess.

Can't miss what I never had.

edit on 17-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Well I don't think it's that science has all the answers (it doesn't. Most atheists will even admit that) or that any "evidence" that comes out is automatically deduced as fake. I think it's more of a case of knowing what you are looking at. I do believe in the supernatural, though I don't believe in ghosts. At least not ghosts in the sense of the wandering spirits of deceased people. I believe that any valid "ghost" phenomena can be attributed to angels or jinn.

Anyhow, sometimes a person who does have EVPs and video footage SHOULD show them. It can give you an outsider perspective. And not everyone who debunks, or explains, what someone turns up with is an "atheist or doubter." A lot of believers in the paranormal/supernatural also attempt to debunk what can be debunked because it lends credibility and authenticity to the subject. You can't just be duped by any old video/EVP. Some could be faked. Others could be misunderstood phenomena that can be explained naturally (like photos of "orbs" which almost every paranormal investigator worth their salt rejects).

And if you have evidence you should be willing to share it, to get differing perspectives. Yes, there will be blatant naysayers who will deny everything. But there are other people, some of whom may have more experience than you, who can help you understand the things you have witnessed and whether they are legitimate or they can give you an alternative explanation.

One should always be willing to test out the things they experience.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

My ghost hunting group doesn't share all of our stuff either. We hold back EVPs that sound too good and too clear. We know the EVPs are real but in our experience, people don't want to believe a ghost talking can sound as clear anyone else on the sound file.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Don't be silly ---- Not everyone has seen paranormal things. That's why many people are quick to judge even the best evidence, their view on reality is different from yours.

Be patient --- and in the meantime, send us your damn evidence.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
So in other words, you're letting other people control what you do on the internet?
There's always going to be people to disagree with you. Who the hell cares?

I've seen 2 UFOs, I've experienced paranormal activity, and I've seen things physically manifest on a number of occasions.
I don't care what some random person on the internet says about it.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by roaland

It's amazing how that kind of stuff happens. I think it's partially due to how our ears operate...I don't know, but it happens.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by roaland

My ghost hunting group doesn't share all of our stuff either. We hold back EVPs that sound too good and too clear. We know the EVPs are real but in our experience, people don't want to believe a ghost talking can sound as clear anyone else on the sound file.

See, I think most EVPs are bunk. They are basically nothing but background noise that our brains interpret to have meaning. Look up "psychoacoustics."

That being said, I think the very clear ones are the best ones. Unless they are absolutely faked (and that can be deduced with a little investigation) they really raise some serious questions.

So I prefer the clear ones to the more garbled ones.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
There are many of us here that would love for you to share your discoveries. Don't let anyone stand in your way. We have to take the bad with the good no matter what topic is at hand.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786

Originally posted by roaland

See, I think most EVPs are bunk. They are basically nothing but background noise that our brains interpret to have meaning. Look up "psychoacoustics."

That being said, I think the very clear ones are the best ones. Unless they are absolutely faked (and that can be deduced with a little investigation) they really raise some serious questions.

So I prefer the clear ones to the more garbled ones.

Agreed, we like the clear ones also. But my point is, if someone listening to an EVP wasn't on site during the investigation and is just listening to random sound clips posted on the internet, the chances of them believing it wasn't faked, is very slim. That said, the only people outside of our group that gets to see and hear all of our findings is the client who asked us for help and to us, we could give 2 #s less if anyone else hears or sees it. Thats the point i took from the OP. Personal experience trumps all other findings.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Yep, never let others bring you down in terms of your own personal experiences. Those experiences are yours and yours alone. Why give someone that power over you? Speak out and share your ideas and your beliefs.

Allways remember there is value in skepticism. A "skeptic" is skeptical to new ideas but will usually do the research that allows him or her to come to an informed opinion, skeptics are to be respected, and they help to keep us grounded. They are different than Debunkers, pity the debunker, but marvel at his "courage"
A debunker has the moxy to profess knowledge on subjects he has not studied, and he knows little about. He, as Santon Friedman has so eloquently stated, "practices the science of proclamation" That takes real stones to put yourself out there like that knowing so little on the subject matter you are attempting to debunk

See the value in the Skeptic, pity the debunker, he does not see himself for the fool he is.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I like the psychological game being played here. Pretend to be knocked down in your never-ending quest for the truth, and everyone will immediately crowd around for a bit of the milk you've been hiding.

Well played.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
I like the psychological game being played here. Pretend to be knocked down in your never-ending quest for the truth, and everyone will immediately crowd around for a bit of the milk you've been hiding.

Well played.

i just hope its not a tease, i too would love to hear.

i really dont care how fantastical it sounds, i love a good horror story too.

in short, there are a lot of people here that want to hear what you have to say, ignore the others.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

lol ignore the haters disinfo agents trolls and just plain ignorant folks [the i already know everything types]

just post your stuff and trust that despite all the crap raised to distract it will get to more intelligent folks

the buddha did not want to teach either for the same reasons you've posted
a voice from the heavens basically told him

to f those people
to teach for those who would understand

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

In Life, you'll encounter opinion and counter opinion.. If u 'genuinely' hav an open mind u will be able to see other's ideas for what they are, as a chance to get closer to the 'Truth'... I respect everything Science stands for and therefore I will never stop asking questions.. I suspect u are 'set' in ur beliefs and therefore are closed to debate, but I urge u to continue to share ur experiences with others (like myself) who hav been affected by the Paranormal..
Peace.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

" Your search in the Paranormal is useless...Forever., "

For you I guess so. You seem to want everyone to know the truth.
You will grow in time. You are what, 18?
As far as useless goes, it's as useless as you make it.

I delve into the paranormal (the normal) For ME.
I have no need or desire to bring anyone with me,
I am happy to let sleeping dogs lie..

Useless... Is giving up... And that's a fact.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Don't you dare imply that I am one of those who is trolling and disinforming. I hate to be lead by the nose, and I feel that is what's happening here.

Don't play the carrot game.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Its not like that. We don't post to debate with skeptics, just disregard them mostly. I post because I'm pushed to, and could sit back and try to be more logical and rational about the posting, but thats not how I'm meant to. Its not a left hemisphere event, posting comes from my heart, and right brained, and tends to take no time to pour it out. For me its about bouncing things off others, hopefully shedding more light on unusual experiences, a good thread on other sites, is like this, with information given that is a gift to read, and share, but most people can't get to that level of discussion with some inside info being given out, due to the constant barrage of nay saers. You have to ignore them, and keep sharing. So that kind of deepening of the topic doesnt usually happen here as much. But that is no reason to stop trying to reach that level.

Secondly, the posts being more experience oriented, right hemisphere oriented are to nudge someone maybe, even one, one person even, who could feel something nudging them, and it helps them to seek.

I've never once posted trying to convince those on assignment to suppress truth or those who are influenced by that body of belief.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join