It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Here in Israel’: In Jerusalem, Clinton Breaches U.S. Policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
story from CNS News
July 17, 2012

‘Here in Israel’: In Jerusalem, Clinton Breaches U.S. Policy

The U.S. State Department has a policy that does Not recognize sovereignty by Israel over Jerusalem !!

The U.S. says Jerusalem's future status remains to be determined in a negotiated peace settlement.

Hillary apparently kept saying "Israel" when referring to "Jerusalem".

Jeesh... things are sensitive enough as it is.

(CNSNews.com) – Contradicting a longstanding U.S. policy that irks many conservatives, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Monday identified Jerusalem’s location at least three times as being in Israel.

The apparent slip-ups came during Clinton’s first visit to the Israeli capital in two years, on the final day of a nine-country, 12-day trip.

Meeting with U.S. diplomatic staff and families at the U.S. consulate-general in Jerusalem, she said she was glad to see Consul General Daniel Rubinstein and his wife Julie, adding, “I got to work with Dan when he was in the White House, and it’s wonderful to see him in action here in Israel.”

Hillary has been traveling around the globe lately.
She must be "tired".

Maybe she will write herself up so it never happens again.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
shes from Arkansas what more do you want?.....at least she didnt call it Detroit.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Wow.... If she's tired, she needs a few DAYS off. If she's not seeing a haze out there instead of the nice clear world she ought to be then this was a big big deal even if we never see the rest in the public. (Or maybe we do at some point). What am I on about? Well....Obama's people have annoyed me and others I've heard talk about it by referring to Jerusalem more than once by the Islamic name. (One Example). So, if she went out of her way to speak in ways so far to the other extreme, I wouldn't automatically discount it. Games within Games...and we just catch glimpses of them, all too often. Perhaps this was a good hard glimpse?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Ooops, Hitlery forgot to dot the Yad & cross the Tav!

Not like this is a secret is it? She's on their payroll.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This could turn into a much bigger slip up then people realize. Whether you agree or not, the US has had this policy primarily to placate the Arabs. By stating Jeruselam is in Isreal, she throws more gasoline on the fire. By morning, you may see the Islamic Brotherhood going nuts in Egypt, the leaderhsip in Iran coming unglued over it, effects rolling into Syria. It's one more match hovering over the pool of gasoline that is the ME.

And the scary thing is the Clinton's were one of the ones (if I remember correctly) that were big on enforcing the "Jerusulem is not in Isreal" back in their admin. So a smart Muslim leader is going to take this and run with it. At the very least, your going to see the President have to jump in and clarify things. And if he reinforces the 'normal" policy, it's going to push Isreal closer to a position that they can't trust the US, and will have to take Iran's WMD out on their own, and sooner rather then later.

This has the potential to be bad...Bad....BAD....

We shall see.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Ouch!! I bet that stung a little after the fact..And from a liberal at that

Usually I wouldn't even think twice about a politician having an "I'm stupid" moment, but considering tensions already being at a breaking point it could have a backlash.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Pretending Jerusalem is not in Israel is like the same game where we pretend Taiwan is not a country and does not exist. Its silly and ignores the reality on the ground.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
So she's doing something conservatives would want her to do and...it's a bad thing for you all?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Oh, I agree with her. Jerselum is where the Temple stood, before the Dome, and as a matter of faith I accept it as the Jewish homeland. Now, I know that doesn't fly today, and that's fine. I agree with it purely and personally on religious and political grounds.

THAT being said....I don't know if out and out saying it right now with tension so high, and by her especially, is going to help matters

Contrary to popular belief on ATS, Christians aren't trying to "bring in" the end times, and I don't know anyone that thinks WWIII is a good idea, even if it is a prophecy

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Taiwan isn't a country it is a renegade province of China and will be regained in time. Tibet isn't a country but a region of China and will remain so forever.

Jerusalem belongs to Israel and this is not the first time I've seen this done recently.

54-40 or fight is as valid today as it ever was and its not Lake Michigan, but Lake Dauphin.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Stupid Clinton only half of it belongs to Israel. The other half belongs to Palestine you know the place that Israel is slowly wiping off the map.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Palestine isn't being wiped, its being absorbed.

Its not a bad thing when you remember that all those people, Israeli and Palestinian are quite obviously closely related to one another.

When they stop listening to the opportunists they'll be able to have a better relationship with their family.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Palenstinians land has been "stolen" by Saudi Arabia, and Jordan people really do need to do research such as the British mandate of 22.

and Jersusalem is in Isreal where else would it be?

Other than being whiped off the map by a certain country which shall remain nameless that starts with I and sounds a lot like Iran.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Stupid Clinton only half of it belongs to Israel. The other half belongs to Palestine you know the place that Israel is slowly wiping off the map.

The best thing that Palestinians could do for themselves is give control of their future to Israel. No one else is looking out for it, including their elected officials.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by MrSpad

Taiwan isn't a country it is a renegade province of China and will be regained in time. Tibet isn't a country but a region of China and will remain so forever.

Jerusalem belongs to Israel and this is not the first time I've seen this done recently.

54-40 or fight is as valid today as it ever was and its not Lake Michigan, but Lake Dauphin.

Tibet does not spend Billions on U.S. Weapons and China has no real Force Projection Abilities...as even a short distance of Ocean between China and Taiwan would become a Sea of sunken Chinese Troop carriers.

The U.S. Navy Carrier Groups as well as the U.S. Attack Sub Force would sink them with little issue. Chinese Aircraft would be attempting to attack U.S. Carriers that would be positioned just out of range and with the advent of the New SM-3 ABM as well as Satellite Killer...never Mind what FEL's are currently Battle Ready...Taiwan has little to worry about. Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

join