It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Up With The Jehovah's Witnesses?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Ive argued 1 timothy 5:8

If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

As often I have encountered JW's who have abandoned their children during their unruly teenage years due to offenses that got them disfellowshiped.

I have 1 friend whose parents kicked him out of the house at 16 for drinking... His father was an "Elder" and could not deal with the "scandal"

As well as an Adult friend who had to step down as an Elder because he refused to disassociate with his own child who left the faith.

they use the Dis-fellowship thing to get rid of problems, and not to deal with tares in the wheat as it where.

I am currently letting one of these disfellowshiped persons crash on the couch atm, hes a friend of the family whose father disowned him for leaving the "religion"

His whole family is JW's and because he left for another christian faith he has no one, we are letting him stay on my couch ATM...
edit on 18-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by supermanning

#2 They themselves admit in the book "Insight on the scriptures vol 2 on page 7, last paragraph" that the correct proununciation of the tetragrammaton has been lost and no longer attainable, but "we should not give up on the widely used "Jehovah" because it's what the world uses" but then tells their "Sheep like one" aka "Sheeple" to be no be part of the world.

Too bad they didn't pay attention to Exodus, the first name YHWH gave to Moses was not YHWH, it was Hayah which is "I AM". Hayah is still applicable and acceptable for use as his name, or Yah for short as in Hallel'u'Yah which is "praise be to Yah"

Thats the thing about cults, they mix bits of truth with lies to decieve. Sure we do not know the exact pronunciation of YHWH, but there's evidence in the bible it could be Yahweh and then there's Hayah. Barring that you could just say Yeshua because Yeshua claimed Hayah in John 8:56-59.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Ive argued 1 timothy 5:8

If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

As often I have encountered JW's who have abandoned their children during their unruly teenage years due to offenses that got them disfellowshiped.

I have 1 friend whose parents kicked him out of the house at 16 for drinking... His father was an "Elder" and could not deal with the "scandal"

As well as an Adult friend who had to step down as an Elder because he refused to disassociate with his own child who left the faith.

they use the Dis-fellowship thing to get rid of problems, and not to deal with tares in the wheat as it where.

I am currently letting one of these disfellowshiped persons atm, hes a friend of the family whose father disowned him for leaving the "religion"

His whole family is JW's and because he left for another christian faith he has no one, we are letting him stay on my couch ATM...

Good of you to be merciful, i hope he has learned that we are not like they. JW are the tares in the wheat pretending to be wheat. They've forgotten to be merciful and forgiving and i have no doubt Yeshua would be criticizing them. They remind me of freemasons and mormons, they don't have windows in the kingdom hall down the street from my church, very secretive. I had some come to my door one day and the lady asked me if i knew what i could learn from Abraham and i told her I could learn more from Messiah Yeshua and she turned white and practically ran away from my door.

I know all about hem believing Michael is the Savior, something they clearly ignore from the OT is that YHWH says he is the Savior and the Savior came in the form of Yeshua and even said who he was. I don't get people who ignore whats in front of their faces.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by crawdad1914

As a Jehovah's Witness the biggest sin is to leave. The second biggest sin is to associate with a former member, even if that member is family

That right here is one of the reasons they are a cult, nowhere in the bible does it say any of this. Yet one more tradition of men stuck in there much like what the pharisees did to the Tenach while they were in Babylon.

From this basic fact stems the major danger in this cult. No religion, should ever destroy a family for no other reason than one member chooses to leave it.
I personally did the unthinkable, I researched the organization from the outside in, free of all the propoganda coming from WTBTS literature. What I found out rocked my world as I had been raised in this cult and had no idea what it was all about. You will not learn the truth of the organization if you are banned from looking into information that does not tow the party line. This is why you as a member are severly admonished aganst and reprimanded for looking into "apostate" literature. They do not want you thinking outside their little box. What are they afraid of? Truth should stand up to scrutiny, they will not allow this.

Bottom line, I found it all to be a sham after more than 20 years of indoctination, and it was a long process before I had the courage to do the right thing and leave. I sent a respectfull letter to my congregation telling them what I was deciding and why. They followed up with a couple quick visits by Elders, trying to talk me out of my decision. A few weeks later I was disfellowshipped and thus 'shunned" I have not been allowed to associate with my JW family members for over 20 years. I am dead to them. This cult destroys familys, I can not stress this enough!

Do the research yourself on this Cult, free from the propoganda coming from their literature if you are seriously considering joining.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by crawdad1914

As a Jehovah's Witness the biggest sin is to leave. The second biggest sin is to associate with a former member, even if that member is family

That right here is one of the reasons they are a cult, nowhere in the bible does it say any of this. Yet one more tradition of men stuck in there much like what the pharisees did to the Tenach while they were in Babylon.

From this basic fact stems the major danger in this cult. No religion, should ever destroy a family for no other reason than one member chooses to leave it.
I personally did the unthinkable, I researched the organization from the outside in, free of all the propoganda coming from WTBTS literature. What I found out rocked my world as I had been raised in this cult and had no idea what it was all about. You will not learn the truth of the organization if you are banned from looking into information that does not tow the party line. This is why you as a member are severly admonished aganst and reprimanded for looking into "apostate" literature. They do not want you thinking outside their little box. What are they afraid of? Truth should stand up to scrutiny, they will not allow this.

Bottom line, I found it all to be a sham after more than 20 years of indoctination, and it was a long process before I had the courage to do the right thing and leave. I sent a respectfull letter to my congregation telling them what I was deciding and why. They followed up with a couple quick visits by Elders, trying to talk me out of my decision. A few weeks later I was disfellowshipped and thus 'shunned" I have not been allowed to associate with my JW family members for over 20 years. I am dead to them. This cult destroys familys, I can not stress this enough!

Do the research yourself on this Cult, free from the propoganda coming from their literature if you are seriously considering joining.

I'm a missionary baptist not looking to join any JW's i know a few things about them, the disfellowshipping and shunning of family members was new to me and that is not biblical and they disobey Christ by doing those things but they do not believe in him or they wouldn't ignore what he taught. You can't cherry pick Messiah's commandments, by shunning they fail the second commandment to love their neighbors which ties into the first commandment to love YHWH.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

i hope he has learned that we are not like they. JW are the tares in the wheat pretending to be wheat

He was a friend of a friend when we found out he was homeless because he was "DFed" as they call it, for basically refusing to go in service and questioning their beliefs he started to look at other Churches which I guess was the final straw for him to be Labeled an "apostate".

That was over a year ago, we now consider him family... He says the Jehovah's Witnesses destroy faith not build it, they nurture reliance on the organization and its members, not on faith.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
They were teaching for years that Christ would return "within a generation of 1914", so perhaps they are thinking "within 100 years" as a last-ditch interpretation of that theory.
There is no obvious Biblical reason for picking on the period leading up to Dec 21st this year. If they are saying that, they are obviously jumping onto the band-wagon.

They are jumping on the bandwagon but they don't know it actually is about to start. We are in the time period right before the 8th head on the Beast comes into power in the time of Sorrows.

Eschatology is a headache so i don't care for fooling with it because the events in Revelation do not go in order chapter to chapter, it jumps around. But i think Revelation 6 gets fulfilled this year because the 12-21-12 event is the biggest cosmic event since the birth of Christ.

Rev 6:14 Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place.

This sounds like crust displacement theory in action, but if you look at the cente rof the galaxy from earth it kinda does look like 2 halves of a scroll rolled up:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I also was raised a JW, and bid my time until I was old enough to escape them. It is a traumatic experience and sometimes equally as scary to leave as it is to stay, as really have no one you can count on for support. You grow up being sheltered from the world and the worldly people. I have many family members that are still jws. They used to pressure me to be baptised at the summer assemblies... i knew what my course was going to be when i was old enough to run
no way in hell was i going to let them dunk me so they could publickly disfellowship me!!

In fact... i didn't even go to the hall the night they put me on reproof. I was 16 years old when i left, had a job and lucky for me i had a "worldly friend" at work named Tammy, who was also my age and her family took me in as one of their own... God love them. I'm now in my 40's and still keep in close contact with them and very much not only consider Tammy a best friend... she's also my sis.

I was baptised a non denominal Christan when i was in my latter 20's after spending closed to 10 years running from organized religion. The jw way isn't love... and it isn't biblical!

****** if I hear anything from my jw sister about them locking themselves up in the kingdom hall with all their personal documents.... I'll be sure to post it here

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Ahhh the witnesses.

They tried to get me to answer my door for months on Saturdays. Every Saturday I ignored. Then in one hangover induced haze I thought it was Saturday. I had a pink cancer awareness ribbon on my car. I open the door, the lady talks about breast cancer, asks herself in and I say "Oh no its a mess another day" because there was the aftermath of said hangover everywhere. I take the breast cancer magazine she hands me and theres a watchtower taped to the back.

DENIED.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
double

edit on 18-7-2012 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I'm a missionary baptist not looking to join any JW's i know a few things about them, the disfellowshipping and shunning of family members was new to me and that is not biblical and they disobey Christ by doing those things but they do not believe in him or they wouldn't ignore what he taught. You can't cherry pick Messiah's commandments, by shunning they fail the second commandment to love their neighbors which ties into the first commandment to love YHWH.

I meant "you" not in you personally, but towards anyone listening.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

No, I was never baptized. Started questioning things when I was in my early teens and it was never something I decided to do. I know the 'disfellowshipping' very well and is a problem I have with the policy.

I have several cousins/aunts that were baptized that have recently done some minor things to be removed. Their family will still talk to them a bit, but limited. I can't imagine not talking to your family because they made what someone considered a 'mistake.'

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorpiosin

No, I was never baptized. Started questioning things when I was in my early teens and it was never something I decided to do. I know the 'disfellowshipping' very well and is a problem I have with the policy.

I have several cousins/aunts that were baptized that have recently done some minor things to be removed. Their family will still talk to them a bit, but limited. I can't imagine not talking to your family because they made what someone considered a 'mistake.'

1 Timothy 4:1-5

1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, 3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. 4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; 5 for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

This passage includes JW's, Roman Catholics and SDA's. All this lines up with the End Times of the Last Days. The Last Days began 2000 years ago, and we're at the end of our rope. Thats why all this crap in the M.E. is brewing and the next World War is on the loom.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by supermanning
I was a Jehovah's Witness for over 10 years. Here are some of the reasons for me leaving the organization.

Charles Taze Russell was buried next to a freemason lodge in Pennsylvania next to a pyramid that was built by the watchtower bible and tract society/international bible students association with knights templar symbols all over it. To all you Jehovah's Witnesses out there, watch the entire video and listen to the evidence BEFORE you call me an Apostate. I'm serious. Don't just read the title and assume I was sent here by satan to mock your religion. This is all 100% TRUTH. Research it.

#2 They themselves admit in the book "Insight on the scriptures vol 2 on page 7, last paragraph" that the correct proununciation of the tetragrammaton has been lost and no longer attainable, but "we should not give up on the widely used "Jehovah" because it's what the world uses" but then tells their "Sheep like one" aka "Sheeple" to be no be part of the world.

#3 Questioning of any doctrine is absolutely prohibited and reading or watching anything other than WTBTS info is also prohibited, and if it continues, will be cause for disfellowshipping.

#4 Everything the "governing body" does is kept secret along with their identities when servants of "Jehovah" should never do anything in secret. The entire religion is based upon the same compartmentalization as the NWO pyramid power structure.

#5 The watchtower encourages "snitching" to "authorities" and to follow any "command" given to them by corrupt scum bag government put here by Goldman Sachs and not by "Jehovah" and uses Romans chapter 13 to con the "sheep like ones" aka "sheeple" into obeying not only them but corrupt government to the point of saying "if government tells you to go to war, just sit in prison as a conscientious objector," when that's exactly what the NWO wants us to do. Now I don't believe in unjust war, but god did order his people to war a few times in the old testament so that shows us that rolling over to the NWO like a dog wanting it's belly rubbed is absolutely wrong.

#6 They never speak of FEMA concentration camps, flouride in the water, chemtrails spraying crap in the air that is killing us, GMO food, Illuminati bloodlines and how Charles Taze Russell is in that bloodline.

#7 They eat everything that is non kosher, and tell you that Jesus said it was ok to do so and use a scripture where Jesus was talking about washing his hands before eating as justification to do so. Mark 7:14-23

#8 Individualism is frowned upon. They care more about the rights of the entire organization, than they do about the rights of the individuals in the organization. Free will is preached as what they are about, but the moment you excersize it, you are repremanded.

#9 Reading the bible by itself is frowned upon, as one cannot come to an accurate knowledge of what the bible says without reading it in sections outlined by the watchtowers books, tracks, and magazines.

#10 They say that they will not come between family members when it comes to decisions that are made in the family, but that is total bs as I have been a party to it and a witness to it, countless times.

I was baptized in 2000 and now I am disfellowshipped and have been for 9 years. I have talked to my mother maybe 10 times in the last 9 years and she lives on the other side of town. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO BEING A SHEEPLE!!!!!! I AM TOO AWAKE FOR ANY ORGANIZED RELIGION, ESPECIALLY THE WTBTS. THEY ARE ALL GOVERNED BY THE U.N. COUNCIL OF CHURCHES.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by supermanning
I was a Jehovah's Witness for over 10 years. Here are some of the reasons for me leaving the organization.

Charles Taze Russell was buried next to a freemason lodge in Pennsylvania next to a pyramid that was built by the watchtower bible and tract society/international bible students association with knights templar symbols all over it. To all you Jehovah's Witnesses out there, watch the entire video and listen to the evidence BEFORE you call me an Apostate. I'm serious. Don't just read the title and assume I was sent here by satan to mock your religion. This is all 100% TRUTH. Research it.

#3 Questioning of any doctrine is absolutely prohibited and reading or watching anything other than WTBTS info is also prohibited, and if it continues, will be cause for disfellowshipping.

#4 Everything the "governing body" does is kept secret along with their identities when servants of "Jehovah" should never do anything in secret. The entire religion is based upon the same compartmentalization as the NWO pyramid power structure.

#5 The watchtower encourages "snitching" to "authorities" and to follow any "command" given to them by corrupt scum bag government put here by Goldman Sachs and not by "Jehovah" and uses Romans chapter 13 to con the "sheep like ones" aka "sheeple" into obeying not only them but corrupt government to the point of saying "if government tells you to go to war, just sit in prison as a conscientious objector," when that's exactly what the NWO wants us to do. Now I don't believe in unjust war, but god did order his people to war a few times in the old testament so that shows us that rolling over to the NWO like a dog wanting it's belly rubbed is absolutely wrong.

#6 They never speak of FEMA concentration camps, flouride in the water, chemtrails spraying crap in the air that is killing us, GMO food, Illuminati bloodlines and how Charles Taze Russell is in that bloodline.

#7 They eat everything that is non kosher, and tell you that Jesus said it was ok to do so and use a scripture where Jesus was talking about washing his hands before eating as justification to do so. Mark 7:14-23

#8 Individualism is frowned upon. They care more about the rights of the entire organization, than they do about the rights of the individuals in the organization. Free will is preached as what they are about, but the moment you excersize it, you are repremanded.

#9 Reading the bible by itself is frowned upon, as one cannot come to an accurate knowledge of what the bible says without reading it in sections outlined by the watchtowers books, tracks, and magazines.

#10 They say that they will not come between family members when it comes to decisions that are made in the family, but that is total bs as I have been a party to it and a witness to it, countless times.

Coming from my background in the organization, I can for the most part confirm all the above not sure about #6 or #7

I can assure you that they do not talk about any of these subjects. I have sent my mother every documentary I can find exposing these things and my mother 1. doesn't believe it, and 2. tells me to have faith in "Jehovah." As a former JW, did you ever watch that documentary, purple triangles? Remember when the "society" told the JW's in germany to not fight against the Nazi's and to sit in concentration camps and be tortured to death? I as an individual would rather die free, than in the hands of tyranny. I will not obey scum bag tyrannical government and I will fight until I am dead against tyranny. Tyranny is the AntiChrist in my book and god wants us to fight it and as a biblical precedent, The book of Joshua presents most readers with a troubling question: how can a God of love command his followers to destroy an entire nation of people? The Canaanites had lived in their land for centuries before Joshua and his people came to claim it for themselves. While some in Canaan fought against God’s people and were destroyed as a result (cf. the battle of Ai, 8:14ff), others did not attempt armed aggression against Israel. The people of Jericho, for instance, retreated inside their city walls and mounted no attack against the Jews. Nonetheless, following divine orders, the Israeli soldiers “destroyed with the sword every living thing in it—men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys” (6:21). This is because these places were just as corrupt and littered with all sorts of filth just like our world is today so god ordered it...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I believe the whole entire world has been taken over by the likes of the land of Canaan and we as god fearing people need to eridicate them if we fear our god.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Look at this illuminati BS. and wake the hell up Jehovah's Witnesses and realize you are being conned by them!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Well done there mate, nice to see you got out alive and with your sensibilities intact.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

My confirmation of the 10 or so points you made was in basic agreement. Not sure if I made that clear enough.

Were you ever baptized? Also the Doc you mentioned "Purple Triangles", never heard of it, is it produced by the WTBTS?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join