It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Up With The Jehovah's Witnesses?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by crawdad1914

Some current JW please explain the rational behind the 1914 date, "End of the Gentile times" being completley thrown out. You know, the date we all were taught was pivotal, because we were told the annointed members would still be alive at Armegedon who witnessed the coming of Jesus at that date nearly 100 years ago. How old are they now? over 100 years old. Any still alive? I guess your "New Light" shown in the nick of time to push back the date of Armegedon.

If memory serves correctly Armegedon has been pushed back what 8 or 9 times since the late 1800s?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

This cult might be amusing if it was not so damaging and hurtfull. It destroys families unlike any other religion.

Stay away!!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Bone75

i would say they're a fear based cult... everything seems to revolve around Revelation with them

Though i admit its amusing when they come to my door... Its the only book most of them know...

*sigh*

What a shame...

They aren't a cult they are more like a religious pyramid scheme. Those Watchtower tracts they hand out are free to you and me but JWs have to buy them from the organization. More converts, more tracts, more $$$.

I respectfully dissagree. They use the exact mind control games as any cult will. They pit "us against them" they teach that you will give up your family to join theirs. They will boot you for reading any documentation that exposes their lies "Apostate material"
If you turn away from their teachings you are shunned and not allowed to associate any longer with JW family members or friends. If as an active member you do not comply with this, and choose to still associate on any level at all with a family member or friend who has been given the boot, you too will be kicked out "disfellowshipped"

Breaking free of them was one of the most difficult things I have ever done and the mental trauma was intense. Unless you have been controlled in this way, you will not understand the difficulty in breaking free.
I lost members of my family, but I kept my soul and my free will.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Any JW who is reading this thread will consider me Apostate for saying what I am saying and will be going directly against the doctrine set forth by the WTBTS. And subject to being given the boot by continuing to read information that goes directly against what they are taught.

They should not even be reading anything in this thread from anyone, as it would be considered apostate material and thus a threat against their handlers strangle hold on "truth"

You JWs know this to be true. Call an Elder in your Kingdom Hall and tell him where you have been and what you have read in this thread. See how he reacts.

All due respect, I mean nothing against you all personally, but I have true disdain for the old men who keep you in bondage.

Let me know how that conversation goes with the Elders.
edit on 17-7-2012 by crawdad1914 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I have actually experienced the apostate thing. I get that many times and it can be quite frustrating when I've tried to have open minded conversation with some of the family about some of the deeper topics. While I realize the do have genuine good intentions (the individual people I've known) debate is difficult because that out can be used so easily.
edit on 17-7-2012 by scorpiosin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Lol! Of all the people on the planet, they are confident in their God because they KNOW him. They are not afraid of what's coming.He is loyal to those loyal to him, & they know that the creator is in control of everything. They won't need 'State issued' documents to tell God who they are. He already knows his people. The State didn't create them, or any of us for that matter. Yep, need a passport to go into space/heaven with God.... Seriously? & I am not a witness, but I recognize who they truly are. The Kingdom of Israel is a spiritual kingdom of peace & non-violence. It's not a land mass.. They are Israel.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I have always been fascinated by the 144k number. Why would anyone join a religion knowing that they are already over capacity? Even if you worshiped your butt off, wouldn't it be a safe bet that there are already 144k world wide that have been in the church longer than you?

IMO it probably works like a carrot on a stick, work hard enough, recruit enough people, do what your told without question and you might just make the cut.

If that is the case, wouldn't making the cut essentially cut someone from the team? Could any man/woman of god, with love in their hearts, really be so selfish as to prevent another from reaching heaven just to secure their own spot?

DC

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

They came to my house about 7 weeks ago and said it's all about to go to crap (basically) ...
I know myself something inside does not feel right, but hey I can only hope the Lord will look after my family and I plus be ready if anything does go down ...
Time to pick a side maybe mate

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by xDeadcowx
I have always been fascinated by the 144k number. Why would anyone join a religion knowing that they are already over capacity? Even if you worshiped your butt off, wouldn't it be a safe bet that there are already 144k world wide that have been in the church longer than you?

IMO it probably works like a carrot on a stick, work hard enough, recruit enough people, do what your told without question and you might just make the cut.

If that is the case, wouldn't making the cut essentially cut someone from the team? Could any man/woman of god, with love in their hearts, really be so selfish as to prevent another from reaching heaven just to secure their own spot?

DC

The 144,000 is NOT the number that will be saved, 144,000 is the number of folk who will run the Lords government in heaven on his return, The rest who believe will be saved on earth, its a bit long to explain but if you believe and accept the Lord you will be saved, Lord Jesus Christ said so

edit on 18/7/12 by MrBurgo2U because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by xDeadcowx

DC
once again a prime example of lack of knowledge. The Bible talks about 2 hopes an earthy hope and heavenly hope. 144k will serve as kings and priests in heaven just like the Bible says. It also talks of an earthly hope that no man can number 7 million plus witnesses have an earthly hope. I'm on my mobile at the moment at work soon as I get time I'll post about it in more detail if you would actually really like to know the real answer to

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The one thing I know in my heart and I know others feel the same way is that Jesus did not want the church to be divded so much as it is these days. One other thing that as been noticed is that a few have forgotten the first thing that Jesus taught is "LOVE" There are some that have shown hate for one thing or another & I feel for their souls for it will be the ones that show love will be the ones that will be saved.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I was a Jehovah's Witness for over 10 years. Here are some of the reasons for me leaving the organization.

Charles Taze Russell was buried next to a freemason lodge in Pennsylvania next to a pyramid that was built by the watchtower bible and tract society/international bible students association with knights templar symbols all over it. To all you Jehovah's Witnesses out there, watch the entire video and listen to the evidence BEFORE you call me an Apostate. I'm serious. Don't just read the title and assume I was sent here by satan to mock your religion. This is all 100% TRUTH. Research it.

#2 They themselves admit in the book "Insight on the scriptures vol 2 on page 7, last paragraph" that the correct proununciation of the tetragrammaton has been lost and no longer attainable, but "we should not give up on the widely used "Jehovah" because it's what the world uses" but then tells their "Sheep like one" aka "Sheeple" to be no be part of the world.

#3 Questioning of any doctrine is absolutely prohibited and reading or watching anything other than WTBTS info is also prohibited, and if it continues, will be cause for disfellowshipping.

#4 Everything the "governing body" does is kept secret along with their identities when servants of "Jehovah" should never do anything in secret. The entire religion is based upon the same compartmentalization as the NWO pyramid power structure.

#5 The watchtower encourages "snitching" to "authorities" and to follow any "command" given to them by corrupt scum bag government put here by Goldman Sachs and not by "Jehovah" and uses Romans chapter 13 to con the "sheep like ones" aka "sheeple" into obeying not only them but corrupt government to the point of saying "if government tells you to go to war, just sit in prison as a conscientious objector," when that's exactly what the NWO wants us to do. Now I don't believe in unjust war, but god did order his people to war a few times in the old testament so that shows us that rolling over to the NWO like a dog wanting it's belly rubbed is absolutely wrong.

#6 They never speak of FEMA concentration camps, flouride in the water, chemtrails spraying crap in the air that is killing us, GMO food, Illuminati bloodlines and how Charles Taze Russell is in that bloodline.

#7 They eat everything that is non kosher, and tell you that Jesus said it was ok to do so and use a scripture where Jesus was talking about washing his hands before eating as justification to do so. Mark 7:14-23

#8 Individualism is frowned upon. They care more about the rights of the entire organization, than they do about the rights of the individuals in the organization. Free will is preached as what they are about, but the moment you excersize it, you are repremanded.

#9 Reading the bible by itself is frowned upon, as one cannot come to an accurate knowledge of what the bible says without reading it in sections outlined by the watchtowers books, tracks, and magazines.

#10 They say that they will not come between family members when it comes to decisions that are made in the family, but that is total bs as I have been a party to it and a witness to it, countless times.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
No Christmas presents would be my biggest gripe! Poor kids eh?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by supermanning
I was a Jehovah's Witness for over 10 years. Here are some of the reasons for me leaving the organization.

Charles Taze Russell was buried next to a freemason lodge in Pennsylvania next to a pyramid that was built by the watchtower bible and tract society/international bible students association with knights templar symbols all over it. To all you Jehovah's Witnesses out there, watch the entire video and listen to the evidence BEFORE you call me an Apostate. I'm serious. Don't just read the title and assume I was sent here by satan to mock your religion. This is all 100% TRUTH. Research it.

#2 They themselves admit in the book "Insight on the scriptures vol 2 on page 7, last paragraph" that the correct proununciation of the tetragrammaton has been lost and no longer attainable, but "we should not give up on the widely used "Jehovah" because it's what the world uses" but then tells their "Sheep like one" aka "Sheeple" to be no be part of the world.

#3 Questioning of any doctrine is absolutely prohibited and reading or watching anything other than WTBTS info is also prohibited, and if it continues, will be cause for disfellowshipping.

#4 Everything the "governing body" does is kept secret along with their identities when servants of "Jehovah" should never do anything in secret. The entire religion is based upon the same compartmentalization as the NWO pyramid power structure.

#5 The watchtower encourages "snitching" to "authorities" and to follow any "command" given to them by corrupt scum bag government put here by Goldman Sachs and not by "Jehovah" and uses Romans chapter 13 to con the "sheep like ones" aka "sheeple" into obeying not only them but corrupt government to the point of saying "if government tells you to go to war, just sit in prison as a conscientious objector," when that's exactly what the NWO wants us to do. Now I don't believe in unjust war, but god did order his people to war a few times in the old testament so that shows us that rolling over to the NWO like a dog wanting it's belly rubbed is absolutely wrong.

#6 They never speak of FEMA concentration camps, flouride in the water, chemtrails spraying crap in the air that is killing us, GMO food, Illuminati bloodlines and how Charles Taze Russell is in that bloodline.

#7 They eat everything that is non kosher, and tell you that Jesus said it was ok to do so and use a scripture where Jesus was talking about washing his hands before eating as justification to do so. Mark 7:14-23

#8 Individualism is frowned upon. They care more about the rights of the entire organization, than they do about the rights of the individuals in the organization. Free will is preached as what they are about, but the moment you excersize it, you are repremanded.

#9 Reading the bible by itself is frowned upon, as one cannot come to an accurate knowledge of what the bible says without reading it in sections outlined by the watchtowers books, tracks, and magazines.

#10 They say that they will not come between family members when it comes to decisions that are made in the family, but that is total bs as I have been a party to it and a witness to it, countless times.

Coming from my background in the organization, I can for the most part confirm all the above not sure about #6 or #7

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by scorpiosin

I have actually experienced the apostate thing. I get that many times and it can be quite frustrating when I've tried to have open minded conversation with some of the family about some of the deeper topics. While I realize the do have genuine good intentions (the individual people I've known) debate is difficult because that out can be used so easily.
edit on 17-7-2012 by scorpiosin because: (no reason given)

You have never been baptized into the organization I assume and this is why you are allowed some relationship and conversation with your JW family members. Had you ever been baptized and decided to change course and left the faith, you would not even be speaking at all to those family members. Keep that in mind if you ever do decide to become baptized, as it is for life, and should you choose to leave, you will be leaving your family completely. As a Jehovah's Witness the biggest sin is to leave. The second biggest sin is to associate with a former member, even if that member is family. Their is no debating this doctrine, there is no discussion a former meber is a dead member in their eyes. You can be the most upright and moral person on the planet, none of that matters if you decide to leave the faith.You..will..be shunned! I am glad you still have a relationship with your family, just be warned that if you decide to become baptized, that is the end of free thinking and controlling your own destiny.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
Quite a few of my family members are Jehovah's witnesses. Well today one of them said to me...

"Bone, I know you don't believe in all this stuff, but I need you to trust me right now. The elders at the Kingdom Hall are telling us to get all of our documents together, including birth certificates, social security cards, deeds, titles, etc. and have these things ready to go on the fly. He said be prepared for an out of the blue phone call sometime between now and December 21st in which we'll be instructed to gather our families and get to the Hall right away."

When my family member asked why... "He said something major is about to take place, there's going to be something evil on the streets, and when we take shelter in the Kingdom Hall, Jehovah will not let them in."

And that's about all he would tell me. I know there was more, but I think he's just trying to avoid looking any crazier. That's why I brought this here because we're all a bunch of nuts and maybe there's a Jehovah's Witness amongst us that can provide some more details.

Thanks in advance!

-Bone

I'm Missionary Baptist, tell your JW family if YHWH didn't stop the Romans from destroying the Temple, he ain't gonna stop someone from going into their kingdom hall.

JW are a cult that took their bibles and edited out all the parts where Yeshua rose from the grave physically and will return physically and have turned aside to lies in their disbelief.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Ive said it before, and will again, organised religion in nothing more than a control construct, put in place by TPTB to keep humanity from thinking for themself's, waking up and getting of this rock!

Essentially fear some omnipotent deity, that you cant see, hear, touch or taste, who cant even be bothered to turn up an fix the mess he/she/it supposedly created in the first place, but tells us in books, created by Man, to do this or do that or ile spank you in the afterlife!

Organised Religions(All of them) are for sheeple with sub par IQs(Gullible bamsticks) just my opinion!

If you want to pray you need no more than the voice in you head and your dieity's attention(I hope), nothing more is required for communion!

Let's not forget that they have a history tampering with kids also! You see................Thats baaaaaaaaaaaaad!

And whats with the God needs our money crap??? Thought he/she/it was omnipotent???

edit on 18-7-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Many of the JW theology and prophecy is flawed by still using Replacement theology when clearly Israel became a country again ...

Not just that but they blatantly ignore all the parts in the OT and NT where the remnant of Israel is redeemed and restored to the land after "the Assyrian" (son of perdition) is defeated (Isaiah 14:25, Micah 5:5). Israel wasn't replaced, the parable of the cultivated Olive tree and the wild Olive tree branches grafted in clearly states that, something else they choose to ignore which is happening in our lifetime.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

As a Jehovah's Witness the biggest sin is to leave. The second biggest sin is to associate with a former member, even if that member is family

That right here is one of the reasons they are a cult, nowhere in the bible does it say any of this. Yet one more tradition of men stuck in there much like what the pharisees did to the Tenach while they were in Babylon.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

If he was one of my family members and he doesn't give me the whole shebang, I'd be on his case.

On the other hand, maybe he doesn't really "know" either.

Nonetheless, i believe that the more souls believe that something will happen on the 21st, chances increase that something will.

I have my own little belief, but it's not me being John Cusack.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join