It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Up With The Jehovah's Witnesses?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Quite a few of my family members are Jehovah's witnesses. Well today one of them said to me...

"Bone, I know you don't believe in all this stuff, but I need you to trust me right now. The elders at the Kingdom Hall are telling us to get all of our documents together, including birth certificates, social security cards, deeds, titles, etc. and have these things ready to go on the fly. He said be prepared for an out of the blue phone call sometime between now and December 21st in which we'll be instructed to gather our families and get to the Hall right away."

When my family member asked why... "He said something major is about to take place, there's going to be something evil on the streets, and when we take shelter in the Kingdom Hall, Jehovah will not let them in."

And that's about all he would tell me. I know there was more, but I think he's just trying to avoid looking any crazier. That's why I brought this here because we're all a bunch of nuts and maybe there's a Jehovah's Witness amongst us that can provide some more details.

Thanks in advance!

-Bone

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

i would say they're a fear based cult... everything seems to revolve around Revelation with them

Though i admit its amusing when they come to my door... Its the only book most of them know...

*sigh*

What a shame...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
My friend pulled my underwear down whilst I was talking to some Jehovah's Witnesses once.. they were pretty shocked. As for the guy talking about what I can only assume to be 'Zombies'..

Ask him in more detail?..

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I've done some searching on the interwebs and haven't found anything, but maybe they're keeping it hush hush cause they don't want a repeat of 1975. They're still trying to shake that one.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

my grandaughters mother is doing this at the moment, sadly and frustratingly for me. they're all getting ready to go somewhere to be beamed up to "safety". i'd love to know more.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I also have family members that are JW's and I grew up as one, I haven't heard anything like that from them. That leads me to believe that it is not from the 'society' but from a local individual or individuals making their own conclusions. They would let me know, and try to bring me back around if they thought something was about to happen.
edit on 17-7-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hmm, documents, including deeds and what not, for something scary about to happen. Why does that seem like a scam... I guess you need your papers to find heaven.

This fear campaign is all about profit imo. I've been to Kingdom Hall when I was young, and it felt like a market at times with all the books and stuff they had available to sell. Using "hell" and "salvation" to prey on people's ignorance is how they make their money.

One of my uncles is a Witness, but he lives in Europe. No mention of anything like this from him, so it definitely sounds like a scam.

This thread should probably be moved to "Conspiracies in Religion."

edit on 17/7/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I enjoy the Jehovah's Witnesses coming around. They are not overly aggressive and I like their approach. They start out with a young woman who is absolutely drop dead gorgeous, the kind who puts you on the defensive as you hope your don't drop your jaw in wonderment about her beauty. Next to her is a matronly lady in sensible shoes. With them is a ten year old in a tie and jacket who is deathly afraid of cocker spaniels.

Since Moses growls deeply at strangers I grab his collar, look right at the kid, and say, "I don't know how long I can hold Moze back. If he catches you you will be alive when he starts to eat you."

They usually say, "Thank you" and leave fairly quickly.

She sure was pretty, though!

edit on 7/17/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Bone75

A lot of people expect some action here in America before the year ends. Isn't this the religion that believes 144k of their members will be resurrected to heaven at the time of the tribulation? So like the rest of the membership is stuck here with the rest of us saps. *sigh

link   
If I am correct, Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Jesus is God's only creation.. and that everything else was created by Jesus..

Also they don't believe in heaven, or hell.. They believe in oblivion as the only afterlife.. Just another form of Christians taking it to the extreme, Trying to change peoples beliefs through harassment, And looking for free handouts.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldSchoolMom
reply to post by Bone75

A lot of people expect some action here in America before the year ends. Isn't this the religion that believes 144k of their members will be resurrected to heaven at the time of the tribulation? So like the rest of the membership is stuck here with the rest of us saps. *sigh

Pretty much, but they don't think the rest of us saps will be here with them...so they can get the whole place to themselves.
edit on 17-7-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I have many friends who are JW's

Look up their history of false prophecies.

Theres even a house in San Diego they bought for the two witnesses of revelation, because their return was Imminent that was like 60-70 years ago so yeah...

Also look up something called replacement theology, see back a while ago, before Israel was a country again churches tried to make up excuses as to why Israel was mentioned in the end times when it wasn't a country.

The JW replace the Biblical Israel with themselves because at the time of the Cults creation Israel had no chance of being a country... Funny that.

Many of the JW theology and prophecy is flawed by still using Replacement theology when clearly Israel became a country again ...
edit on 17-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
They were teaching for years that Christ would return "within a generation of 1914", so perhaps they are thinking "within 100 years" as a last-ditch interpretation of that theory.
There is no obvious Biblical reason for picking on the period leading up to Dec 21st this year. If they are saying that, they are obviously jumping onto the band-wagon.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Doesn't the idea of "knowing" when the end will come or Jesus' return go against their own book?

Im pretty sure it says "no man knows"...

Maybe they get their predictions from a parrot or something...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Ok I am a jw and I can state 100 percent no such thing has been said to us here in the UK. Although we did get told to make an emergency survival pack a few months back in case of a sudden emergency situation. Dunno where you guys get your crazy facts about jehovah witnesses but it's quite amusing just how much is made up about us lol

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
All I know is they almost got my friend who was having troubles in life at the time.
He was ready to accept them into his life, I don't know what changed, maybe he got a clue.

If he became real pushy with (if he joined them) I don't think I could be his friend anymore.
You have a religion, fine, don't push it onto me.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Don't know.
Perhaps their excuse is that "between now and Dec 21st" is not specific enough to contradict that verse.
Anyway, it certainly hasn't prevented them offering specific years in the past.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Bone75

i would say they're a fear based cult... everything seems to revolve around Revelation with them

Though i admit its amusing when they come to my door... Its the only book most of them know...

*sigh*

What a shame...

They aren't a cult they are more like a religious pyramid scheme. Those Watchtower tracts they hand out are free to you and me but JWs have to buy them from the organization. More converts, more tracts, more $$$.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I enjoy chatting with Witnesses. I am much too eclectic to settle for any single religious teaching, but it's informative and interesting to talk with them. In my opinion they seem to be genuinely nice people, and they at least read the Bible for themselves; I respect that much more than those who follow the Biblical teachings without bothering to actually read the Bible...

I will be sure to ask about the "prepping" next time they come by.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CloudyNotorious

Dunno where you guys get your crazy facts about jehovah witnesses but it's quite amusing just how much is made up about us lol

Nothing in my post was made up, Two of my best friends growing up are "elders" at two seperate kingdom halls, we sit and debate often and cordially over a few beers.

I can list all the false prophecies made by the religion over the years if you would like? don't get me wrong, the JW's are no better than any other modern christian Sect, there is no true "acts" church anymore.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join