It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Gods bus leaves at mid night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
When Gods Bus stops at Midnight. I was travelling down from Kisumu, To Nairobi to catch a train, to Mombassa,
Where I was catching a flight, the taxi, wapassi, they are used for long runs, reasonable priced. I was in, 7 seater Peugeot, the tire blew out,

By the time it was repaired, I missed my connection for the train , however their was a bus leaving Nairobi at midnight.
From Nairobi to Mombassa . I boarder the bus, before it leaves Nairobi, the bus stops at a café, where you can by drink and snack for the journey, which is quiet long, I got off to get a coke, a couple of others got off, every one eles remained, they could not even afford a coke, Along this street, by the café, was every kind of human neglect, people young and old, sleeping on the streets, nattered hair, dirty, unloved, treated little more than the garbage laying around.

As I stood there, I thought where are the Christians, Nairobi has some very good bible schools, collages, churches, people love wearing their smart suits, bibles under their arms, wearing a big smile, lovely white teeth.
As I was thinking this, I could see Jesus waking among these people,those destitute on the street,

That scene will always stay with me, when Gods bus stops at midnight , I wonder who will be the first, to be welcome on board, blessed are the poor in Spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
the poor are Rich in Faith, dont miss the bus, dont get left behind!

Work while you have the light, As Darkness is coming when no man can work.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dwarfflex

...huh?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

...huh?

Think of it as a little bit of poetry from a guy who's native language is probably not English. Give him some slack.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I asked a simple question, nothing that could be taken as an undue insult. Give ME a break.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I asked a simple question, nothing that could be taken as an undue insult. Give ME a break.

I guess my question to you, then, is "What don't you get about what he said?"

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

All of it.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
That was one of the best posts I've ever read on this site.

Yes, Jesus would have been walking among them, offering a blanket, a coke, a smile and a shoulder to lean on.

And yet Jesus was, in fact, actually among them, they just didn't have anyone to point Him out.
He is always knocking, most are simply oblivious or too busy to notice.

Since your bus was at midnight, most of the Christians you observed in absence were most likely sleeping.
Some may have already been there earlier that day, giving blankets, water, a smile.
Others may have been laying in bed praying for all those you saw on the street.

I am here in America, yet my faith can reach all the way around the world.

Less of us, more of Him.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
did not look to me , that they had been visited with to much if any love and charity. no evidence .

when i was thirsty when i was hungry, when i was naked, when i was sick, when i was in prison,

Jesus says for as much as you do it for any of these you do it unto me.

plenty of Christians a sleep or praying for the world from their comfortable homes,

instead of getting out on the streets and making a difference in some ones life, in their own life to.

though as you say some are , more need to follow their lead,

i had been to visit my mother , by the grace of God , left the UK at 52 , thought she could make a difference in some street childrens lives,

moved by their plight, that was over 20 years ago, hundreds of lives saved

covenanthome.co.uk...

edit on 17-7-2012 by dwarfflex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
God has a bus now?

What colour is the bus? Do you have an alternative timetable because I am usually asleep by midnight – should I set my alarm and get up for it?

Will the bus stop look like a regular bus stop with trolls and hobbits asleep in it, or will there be one with little blinking lights and topless dancers showing me the way?

Do I need to bring my carry-on luggage, if yes; should I pack for the beach or the cool freshness of Scandinavia?

Ok, I will bring a torch just in case…… I hear it may be dark and some people are afraid of the dark.

Mickierocksman

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mickierocksman

I felt a lot of poetry in this post, but I suppose you'd have to have the heart of an artist to see it.

What if god was one of us? Just a slob like one of us?

Those were prolfiic lyrics---a bit on the same scale as the post above.

Thanks OP for writing" When God's Bus Leaves at Midnight." I think it could be the workings of a great country song---about loss and pain and our undying quest to solve the mystery of poverty and pain in this world.

What a beautiful title for your post....

I get it.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Your mother is the one who started this organization?

Awesome.

I have to tell you this......
About 2 weeks ago I bought some items I needed and was offered the "opportunity to make some extra cash" by selling those items through catalog sales. I'm really not into that kind of sales opportunity, my mom has tried to "sucker" me into these kinds of sales programs for years and I've always managed to dodge her hook, so to speak.

Plus, I don't need the extra money, and even if I did I would get an actual job rather than sell stuff through a catalog to women.
Anyway, for some weird reason I felt like I really needed to do it, plus I would get a whole bunch stuff that I needed (and wanted) for free if I did it. All of these type sales "opportunities" offer something like that to entice you to join their program, so I had turned down & walked away from many offers like that in the past.
So, yes, I got the stuff, but no, that's not the main reason I did it. For the first time I really felt like this was something I needed to do, so against my better judgement...lol...I joined the dumb program.
Now keep in mind that when I "joined", it was with the intent of getting the free and discounted stuff, but not ever actually trying to sell any of it. In 3 months my membership would expire and I wouldn't be out anything.

The next day after talking to my sister about it (who was still in shock that I actually went through with it..lol) I told her that I had decided to really make an effort to sell some of the stuff and whatever profit I made on the commission I wanted to send to struggling foreign missionaries.
We both agreed that it would be something we'd have to ask for guidance about, since we didn't want to be giving money to an organization that never actually used any of it to help the people who needed it. So, I started looking online and asking around to get some ideas. I came accross a woman's blog who is a missionary in Uganda and asked her to send me more information.
I still didn't "feel" in my gut that was the right one, so I continued to keep an open mind and ask for guidance/help/a slap in the face/etc, as to where I'm supposed to be sending this money.
I never heard back from the blogger in Uganda, so yesterday I asked in my mind that whatever I'm supposed to do, or wherever I'm supposed to find would be somewhere that truly needed the money and would actually use it for God and His purposes. And most importantly, that the person or place would basically just fall in my lap so I wouldn't have any doubt or question that it's the right one.

Then I woke up this morning and read your reply.

Kind of a weird way to answer a prayer.....through an internet conspiracy site...ha! But, whatever, I'm not choosy nor am I one to tell the Big Man Upstairs how to conduct His affairs....can ya' dig it?

Because you followed your feeling of being led to make this thread, we were brought together so we could be used to make something good happen.
So even though sometimes we may not be able to actually "see" someone ministering to those who need it, God is still working behind the scenes on their behalf.
Coolness

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

...huh?

Think of it as a little bit of poetry from a guy who's native language is probably not English. Give him some slack.

It's cool, afterinfinity just came to troll a thread he thought was about God even though he's never read the bible
. The story was understandable to me, I'll s+f OP for effort and courage alone.

top topics

join