It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable news! U.K. To reveal ALL UFO Files. 07/17/2012

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
l just stumbled across what could be the beginning to a new era. The UK is evidently going to be declassifying all files related to UFO's, and it looks to be a bit more juicy than those dusty old Blue Book files we've all sifted through...could Tony Blair really be the one to start the trend in actually letting the people of the most sovereign nations really know what's going on with anything and everything that has to do with unidentified flying objects? I hope so!!

Huffington Post Link

07/17/2012 8:15 am - When the U.K. released declassified UFO documents a few days ago, the 25 files of nearly 7,000 pages included how: Prime Minister Tony Blair had been briefed on UFO sightings in 1998. The Ministry of Defense was concerned about military jets crashing after reported encounters with UFOs. U.K. Defense Intelligence wanted to create weapons out of little known atmospheric plasmas. "Back then, in 1998, if you had said to me that by 2012, the Ministry of Defense will have disclosed virtually everything they have on this subject, I would have found that difficult to believe. And yet, here we are. They have," said David Clarke, the U.K. National Archives consultant (seen in the video above) and journalism lecturer at Sheffield Hallam University.

edit on 17-7-2012 by JediMindTrek because: Attached Youtube video, Dr. David Clarke on files arriving to the National Archives

edit on 18-7-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps from title

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Finally.. a nice bit of good ol' British common sense on the world stage.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JediMindTrek

They have been doing this in batches for quite some time now.

Thanks for the notification another batch is on the way.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
We're really down to the rims now aren't we?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Yep! But there not going to release the good stuff!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

From the article.

When the U.K. released declassified UFO documents a few days ago, the 25 files of nearly 7,000 pages included how: Prime Minister Tony Blair had been briefed on UFO sightings in 1998.

The Ministry of Defense was concerned about military jets crashing after reported encounters with UFOs. U.K. Defense Intelligence wanted to create weapons out of little known atmospheric plasmas.

"Back then, in 1998, if you had said to me that by 2012, the Ministry of Defense will have disclosed virtually everything they have on this subject, I would have found that difficult to believe. And yet, here we are. They have," said David Clarke, the U.K. National Archives consultant (seen in the video above) and journalism lecturer at Sheffield Hallam University.

Very interesting stuff indeed!
I wonder what the US stance will be with regards to their own secret UFO related documentation..

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Or they are releasing what seems like an ungodly amount of information so that the public stops asking questions.

"We've already disclosed this information, what more do you want?"

Just looks like an easy way to keep people away from the truth and real answers..... gotta keep everyone placated somehow.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

If by another batch you mean, EVERYTHING we have, ship it to the national archives now...then holy cow
One final massive batch of wonderful knowledge that most people disregard as good old-fashioned eyes only, I'd have to kill you if I told you kind of stuff. Oh my

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I thought Britain already did this? Years ago. Along with France.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
A) There is government transparency on the subject of UFO's
B) There is a government cover-up

If A, then any important information will be released to the public immediately
If B, then no important information will ever be released

Ergo, we can logically surmise that no release of any retrospective information can be considered important.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
There will be nothing in there of any worth!

The thing about tony blair getting "briefed" isn't quite true... He in fact ASKED if they had anything and they said no. Big whoop!

With the state of affairs they are in right now they need everything they can to distract you from the important stuff!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
Yep! But there not going to release the good stuff!

Exactly what I thought.

We all know they are covering up so what better way to keep us all busy and quiet? Release a few documents with all the PROOF removed and we are left with no more than we have now. And also, the last batch released had massive amounts blacked out, for security reasons!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953

Or they are releasing what seems like an ungodly amount of information so that the public stops asking questions.

"We've already disclosed this information, what more do you want?"

Just looks like an easy way to keep people away from the truth and real answers..... gotta keep everyone placated somehow.

This.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Is there a way to read these?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I hope for something revealing but still believe that anything good will not be in the UFO fles but filed under National Security and 90 % will be redacted in what is released so I will not hold my breath. A large majority of the files will be the normal UFO reports gathered from civilians and perhap military pilots...ergo nothing new

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

An easy way of keeping people away from the real truth and answers? Haha alright. So giving all the information on UFOs for the past 60 years or so to the public, is in turn just a trick to keep the really good info tucked away like all the ultra top secret, doesn't exist never did kind of stuff ha. If anything most larger nations have already been into dishing out large amounts of placation, like "oh yeah it was a weather balloon not to worry!,"
"but sir I know what I saw..and it was no weather balloon.."
"agent flips wildly through his disinformation handbook..", proceeding to answer "Well mam you see this late in the summer swamp gas that is very dense due to large amounts of humidity is trapped in large invisible bubble like formations, then the light from Venus is captured in such a way it leads one to believe a large craft of some unknown origin is being seen."

"Oh, sorry my mistake." haha

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by linknumbernine

It said something about being available to download on August 11th so I'm guessing at that point there will be.
edit on 17-7-2012 by JediMindTrek because: Spell check

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
So when the files are released, how will you know that they have released all the files?......because the UK government says they have?

Anyone getting excited about this might as well calm right down, right now

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Your logic is not sound. The two variables in which you list are two dependent variables. The cover-up of anything to do with UFO's that will be life changing to most human beings would be an independent variable, because it has been put into place to show the people that there is nothing unusual out there. They don't
want some giant paradox to just be just split wide open, everyone would panic. The cover-up it self is independent of anything else, because in general the information being withheld is something earth shattering. Something so divine, so taboo,which is super independent from being effected by any amount of information drop. We would have to hear, see, or feel an invasion before any government would just come out and say, yes they exist, and yes they're right here, right now.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Great video, the speaker in the video is very professional. Yet I do not have much faith in UFO Disclosure --- the only reason why they would do so, is if they had a game plan.

Why would these people, who have been testing hidden technologies for military purposes for the passed 50-100 years (RIP Tesla) --- why would they ever admit to the world that the technology exists.

It would cause a massive uproar. We are using mercury light bulbs, oil, combustion, nuclear power plants --- all of that would end if UFOs were eve disclosed.

"I wish they would disclose UFOs already!" = Do research, draw your own conclusions, buy a telescope, speak to people you trust about their UFO experiences. ---- Don't rely on the Media or Government for that, it will only be the truth mixed with dangerous lies.
edit on 17-7-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join