It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Aerial Phenomena; What the Hell Is This Thing?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

To put something on the table, an object with that size, (not apparent size, there are plenty of cues in the video) would have been seen over a big area, at least locally.

I take your point, but remember that there is a humungous wildfire burning down the street...and with THAT taking place, most eyes would be focused straight ahead...distracted by the flames at ground (eye) level.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
After watching this many times, the object really does seem to be moving (behind the trees) under it's own power. To me, that would tend to rule out it being the sun or the moon.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I just don't think Moon showing through smoke. It seems repeat in a counterclockwise pattern when you look at it.

Maybe a search light acting like a beacon for fire planes to drop stuff. I'd imagine at night the glow of the fire through heavy smoke would obsfucate ones sight as to getting a fix as to where to drop the fire suppressing load. Maybe the lights act like a beacon. Drop 100 yards north of lights etc...

We need a firefighter on this thread who's experienced with fighting forst or brush fires. He may know exactly what that light is.

I just don't think moon or lens flare.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

pretty cool whatever it is.I have to say this world gets stranger everyday

it seems like I say wtf at least once a day!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Judging by the streets and cars, it kind of feels like this was taken somewhere in europe.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBit111

That was my first thought , it looks like the smoke rolling across a full moon ?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I find it hard to believe that it is the moon. The light is moving under it's own power. Counter clockwise. Very interesting post. I have no clue as to what it could be. Lately it really seems that UFO's seem to be appearing in conjunction with natural disasters.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The damn thing really seems to be rotating as it moves to the left and down as it moves behind the trees. Towards the end of the video (just before it reaches the trees) it also looks like it tilts a bit on it's side, showing an edge (as it could actually be disc-shaped, but tilted sideways).

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

If you notice near the end of the vid the videographer does change positions making it look like it went behind the trees .

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It's a neat video. I don't need to know what caused it to enjoy it. It may be the moon through a lens like phenomenon or a big spot or flood light on some smoke. Still like the video, it's unique.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
It's a neat video. I don't need to know what caused it to enjoy it. It may be the moon through a lens like phenomenon or a big spot or flood light on some smoke. Still like the video, it's unique.

I agree. I haven't seen anything quite like it before. Could be a natural atmospheric phenomenon...but why does it appear to rotate counter-clockwise in such a regular manner?
edit on 17-7-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Sorry, wrong post.
edit on 17-7-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I found some other images of Ring-shaped ufos:

www.uforth.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It's a water tower. The person taking the video thought the effect of the thick smoke and spotlights on the water tower was fascinating. I watched it twice, it looks just like the water tower "virtually" in my backyard.

Case closed.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

Good guess, but I really don't think so. Anyway, why is it rotating?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

It's not rotating at all. The light is being shone onto the spherical top of the water tower from right to left...catching the arched upper dome of the tower and being reflected back off. It would be like shining a flashlight at the top of a metal thermos.

It's an optical illusion.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Whatever it was I enjoyed it. Haven't seen a vid quite like it.

Anomalous as in other-worldy? Probably not, but I'm a videographer and it's certainly no kind of lens flare or light/optical that I've ever seen.

Fun to watch and wonder about though. Thanks.

edit on 17-7-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

If it seems to rotate, it could be the smoke is rotating giving the illusion that the flood light circle is rotating. I can only guess after watching the video. Strange shapes also form around fires also, the representation possibly being round or a sphere because energy shapes often form that way. I liked the video but know any guess I make is only speculative as are anyone elses ideas here. Trying to guess is fun though but is just entertainment without more evidence.

edit on 17-7-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Looks very similar to the Norway spiral from a while back?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
Looks very similar to the Norway spiral from a while back?

Do you have a photo of that?
I get the impression that this was taken outside the U.S.
I think it was taken in 2010.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join