It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Aerial Phenomena; What the Hell Is This Thing?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hello, I'm posting this in the Aliens & UFO section because I have absolutely no idea what it is!...It is just plain strange.

It is definitely 'Unidentified', 'Flying'....and some kind of an 'Object'...but, seriously, I've never seen any type of aerial phenomena like this.

I came across this obscure youtube post during the course of searching for more recent articles for my other thread 'Did Downed UFO cause Colorado Wildfires?'...but this seems like something very different.

Unfortunately, there is absolutely no information available about it on the youtube page...which is also very strange.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 17-7-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

It´s called a lens flare, and it is due to the fire/lights being in the vicinity of the camera: it does not appear without the camera, if you watch the same space on the sky with your bare eyes.
edit on 17-7-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Looks like a spotlight shining on the clouds/smoke. And yes, there are moving spotlights with patterns and designs.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Could it be the moon with smoke in front of it? It does look kinda strange. I wonder if anyone else was seeing this...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by IAMTAT

It´s called a lens flare, and it is due to the fire being filmed on camera: it does not appear without the camera.

I thought that at first, but it goes BEHIND the trees towards the end of the vid.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It could be the moon, a full moon with smoke from the fire obscuring it and making it look like it moves. A video so short and with so little background info is not much to go on.

You also have a guy walking past quite normally, wouldn't he have stopped if it was a big UFO.?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
It could be the moon, a full moon with smoke from the fire obscuring it and making it look like it moves. A video so short and with so little background info is not much to go on.

You also have a guy walking past quite normally, wouldn't he have stopped if it was a big UFO.?

Possibly he would, but the huge fire down the street directly in front of him probably was grabbing most of his immediate attention.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It looks real thats for sure. It's hard to tell what it is. People should check out this thread. Star and Flag!

I'm thinking it could possibly be the top blue lights of a police car parked in the trees. Maybe a clearing behind the trees. THe smoke from the forest fire might be wafting over that tree line like maybe 100 feet up. The lights of the police car are reflecting off the smoke cloud? I say this may be possibly what it is. Because it goes in a circular pattern. But it's also too slow for most police lights that rotate. I

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Chicken or Egg?

It appears to me that the person filming was trying to film that object specifically so unless a lens flare jumped out of the camera and manifested itself in the sky to be filmed your theory is bunk.

Could be spotlights....

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It's the moon clouded by smoke.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Nice footage. It made it more believable when you filmed around yourself too. I honestly have come to the conclusion that people TRY to make it something normal and average for who knows what reason. That is clearly a UFO, as it is correctly acronym-ed. Did you happen to move at the end? That would be the only other reason that I could think of that would cause it to appear to move behind the trees.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Nice footage. It made it more believable when you filmed around yourself too. I honestly have come to the conclusion that people TRY to make it something normal and average for who knows what reason. That is clearly a UFO, as it is correctly acronym-ed. Did you happen to move at the end? That would be the only other reason that I could think of that would cause it to appear to move behind the trees.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by linknumbernine

Unfortunately, I wasn't the person who filmed this thing. Wish I was.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Oh ok. If it was me in his situation, i would say # this fire and go after this thing until I found out what it was. im surprised all these videos are just of people standing by watching and asking: "what is that?" i would be chasing it down in the quickest/friendliest manner possible

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I kind of thought it was water being sprayed upward?but that doesn't seem to be logical...ok since nobody else said it I'm going to say it another planet??

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by IAMTAT

I kind of thought it was water being sprayed upward?but that doesn't seem to be logical...ok since nobody else said it I'm going to say it another planet??

Well, it DOES look like a planet, anyway.

If it's a natural phenomenon then:
1.) I'm assuming it was filmed at night, but maybe it just looks like night because of the smoke...and it is actually the sun.

2.) Another natural explanation might be that it is the moon, somehow atmospherically enlarged visually, due to the heat waves emanating from the fire.

Still, with all of these reports of UFOs being associated with wildfires lately, it could also be some large craft (possibly uncloaked by the radiant energy from the fires.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
what it looks like? i thought - 'looks like a planet'.
what it is? i don't know.

interesting all the same.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The uploader says on his channel that he has no info, it's not his video. I guess it is a bit of CGI experimenting.

To put something on the table, an object with that size, (not apparent size, there are plenty of cues in the video) would have been seen over a big area, at least locally. The camera is static while the object moves behind the trees, all the while there is a strobing of low amber light when the camera is on the object which is blue like the moon, and no residual strobing when there is the street view. It's most likely somone working on CGI effects using Vue8 or similar. Also it is an other aborted clip, how many of those do you see on youtube.
edit on 17-7-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

edit on 17-7-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

You're right that it apparently is moving while the camera man seems stationary. As far as cgi goes?...I'm no expert, but it just seems rather creatively 'unimaginative' for a hoax.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Camera man = I yelled at my screen.

It's interesting. Probably a unidentified object or something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join