It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“World's first human cyborg speaks after assault in Paris McDonalds”.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
When I first saw Mr. Mann’s picture in the article with his head gear, I couldn’t help but think “GOOD LORD”, he does look like a cyborg, even without the apparatus holding his brain within his cranium! If I didn’t know better, I would say he looks like one of those guys from the movie “The Nerds” back in the 80’s! I’m pretty passive when it comes to people and their looks, but “damn”, this guy does kind of freaks me out! Could he really be a cyborg? The French probably thought he was going to assimilate the whole damn restaurant, if not all of Italy. I think my craving for chicken nuggets would have taken a turn for the worst if I had to look at him chow down a Big Mac! But hey, to each their own!

If you’re looking for a good laugh, this is an article worth reading.

Fox News- Human Cyborg

Human cyborg and University of Toronto Professor Steve Mann claims he was brutalized and kicked out of a Paris McDonald’s earlier this month after employees objected to his headset and its ability to record photos and videos of his experiences.

According to Mann, after he and his family had received their food and taken a seat by the entrance, another McDonald’s employee, whom Mann refers to as Perpetrator 1, approached and angrily tried to pull the EyeTap, which is permanently attached and cannot be removed without tools, off of his head.

“My Glass started acting a little erratic but I could still see to some degree, but with crosshatches and kind of a freeze-frame like motion as the Eye Glass stopped and started intermittently,” Mann said. The alleged assault apparently loosened a ribbon cable within the device, causing the eye piece to malfunction and flood Mann’s eye with laser light.

It sounds like he's been wearing this thing for a long time. If so, could there be brain damage
?:

-Propulsion...

edit on 17-7-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
He looks like a pervert, well if perverts have a look atleast. I wonder what goes through some peoples brains to do this kind of crazy stuff.
Perpetrator 1 sounds like a psychopath though, maybe I better avoid McDonalds in Paris from now on.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I hate being this guy but this is already being discussed here;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Didn't see the other thread. Sorry guys (girls)....

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
He so looks like the dude from district 9...

I dunno why but he's the first person I thought of when I saw his pic...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
So a guy who is performing research that could potentially give people their sight back not only gets ridiculed and thrown out of a McDonalds but mocked on forums for looking funny?

Wow. Just.....wow.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Who in their right mind would go to Paris, France of all places and eat at McDonalds? No thank you, no pomme frites cooked in duckfat for me, I want potatoes cooked in a GMO soy hydrogenated to the consistency of vaseline. McDonalds in Paris, a culinary outrage! This guy should consider himself lucky to have been forced to avoid the "pink slime burger". Think of all the bovine rectal sphinctal tissue he avoided by not eating at this abomination of culinary imperialism.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Personally I'd throw him out of the McDonalds. What patron would be able to eat if they had to look at this guys grotesque ass.

Hey dude get a life and take that stupid crap off your head. Seriously. I'd kick his ass for being a jack ass and walking around like that.

If you are going to go cyborg at least go the ghost in the shell direction and try to look like some hot asian chick.

I personally think it's not a hate crime. It's a hey jack ass people are trying to eat here. THis is private property, we have the right to refuse service to anybody. You're disgusting to look at. Get out. it's just that simple. Also, if you don't want a laser to burn your eyes then I recommend not attaching one to your damned eye...jackass!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
So a guy who is performing research that could potentially give people their sight back not only gets ridiculed and thrown out of a McDonalds but mocked on forums for looking funny?

Wow. Just.....wow.

I hate to stereotype, but Mcdonalds workers aren't exactly the bastion of scientific research (despite their 'food) , it's one of a few places I refuse to work on principal, even if I am worse off.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Feel better after that rant?

Did you miss the bit where he is performing research to aid in giving blind people their sight back? Or don't you care, let the useless blindies suffer eh!

You're a top notch fellow ya know.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
amazing the amount of discrimination on this thread

you should take a look at your selves

appalling

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Unbelievable....Because of what he looks like people say things like this...in the other thread it is mentioned as a hate crime...well i can see clearly this is defo a hate crime....just from the replies in here....The man is very clever and his inventions could help people to see...so why should he be made out to be a villain here...he is the victim.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Wow. Just.....wow.

Welcome to ATS. Also the device did not record anything. ATS has many, many hate filled people. I also find it funny that someone said he was too ugly to eat at Mc.Donalds. If looks was a criteria I think 90% of their customer base would be unable to eat there.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Personally I'd throw him out of the McDonalds. What patron would be able to eat if they had to look at this guys grotesque ass.

Hey dude get a life and take that stupid crap off your head. Seriously. I'd kick his ass for being a jack ass and walking around like that.

If you are going to go cyborg at least go the ghost in the shell direction and try to look like some hot asian chick.

I personally think it's not a hate crime. It's a hey jack ass people are trying to eat here. THis is private property, we have the right to refuse service to anybody. You're disgusting to look at. Get out. it's just that simple. Also, if you don't want a laser to burn your eyes then I recommend not attaching one to your damned eye...jackass!

So only supermodels should go to McDonalds? What dimension are you from?

P.S Your post sounds disgusting.

edit on 18-7-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Am I the only one here that did not know that there is cyborgs walking around? Seriously, WTF? I love how the news just reported this so casually. New age segregation, Humans only restaurant,git yo robot ass outa here!....Philip K. Dick would have loved this....

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

It did record. The pics prove it. They damaged it, but there was data in the memory.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Of course there was data in the memory it needs data to work!

That's like saying your car is worthless because it takes gasoline to run. Of course it takes gasoline to run.

while there were images in the memory they would have been overwrote within a short period of time if the idiots at the mcdonalds hadn't damaged the device. The only reason those images are still around to be seen is because IDIOTS damaged the headset.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I feel bad for this guy.

But this is the way the world is going. EVERYONE has an ego the size of a house.

Its too bad we have to live in a world where people crave attention so much they have to trash people doing great things .. they themselves arent capable of.

I heard a saying once..

"Your born one of a kind.. don't leave this world a copy.."

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Wow. Just.....wow.

I hate to stereotype, but Mcdonalds workers aren't exactly the bastion of scientific research (despite their 'food) , it's one of a few places I refuse to work on principal, even if I am worse off.

Actually, this is part of a larger and more alarming trend: Citizens of America and Canada being assaulted in European Nations and the refusal of local police to take action.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well, aside from the abrupt superficial-ism of almost the entire forum, I hope nothing was seriously damaged, the guy's hardware, or his freaking brain, poor guy.

Revolutionary medical technology to help the masses of sight deprived human beings, and all anyone can think of is how this brilliant man makes them feel uncomfortable. You want to know why scientists so willingly work with military to make bombs? It's more than likely because they're just trying to kill as many stupid people as quick as they can. You know those kind of people, the kind of people that work at McDonald's and assault one of their PAYING CUSTOMERS due to the mere fact of how he looks.

Think before you act, take time to see something from a different point of view instead of being such self centered jerks.

new topics

top topics

join