It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer Responds to Dangerous Dog Call, Comes Home with New Best Friend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

’m a Police Officer in Baltimore City. I am originally from Wilkes-Barre, and I am a fan of your organization and Pit Bulls. Today I received a call while on duty about a vicious dog chasing kids. When I came on the scene, I noticed people yelling out their windows at the dog. I followed the dog into an ally to see how it was acting. Going on my own approach, being a dog lover, I got out of my car and called the “vicious dog” over to me. The dog came over with it’s tail between it’s legs and panting. I grabbed my water bottle and the dog sat down next to me and began licking my pants. I started giving the dog water. I brought the dog over and waited for the pound to show up. My partner was not a fan of dogs and was startled by my approach. I suggested to him that this dog cannot be put down, and should be taken to a shelter. We took it upon ourselves to take the dog to the shelter, and transported it in the back seat in the back of our patrol car.

Source

With all the cases of Officers shooting family pets I thought perhaps it was time for a feel good story. Sometimes the Police won't shoot the dog... sometimes they'll adopt it..

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Very cool story!

A big
for Officer Dan. Hope him and his new bud have lots of good times.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
That's awesome.

It's nice to see things like this, especially when you know some officers wouldn't hesitate for a chance to discharge their firearm. I applaud this officer, for not only saving this dogs' life, but for taking it upon himself to love and care for the animal. S&F OP, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
:up
fficer dan hes the man,a champion,im all for dogs .i would have taken the pitty aswell ,that cop deserves a donut

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by eyeinoz

Read the story on Face Book ...really great! Yep I am a animal person

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
WOW! What a great Thread! Such Light in a time of Darkness.

And to think, People were starting to think Law Enforcement were Mindless Drones terrorizing every aspect of everyone's life.

All kidding aside, This is a Heartwarming story. Lets hope the two have many wonderful years together. Glad this isn't a story about jumping the gun and shooting first. Vary observant and certainly a true Animaltarian.

S+F to you.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I just read that story, I thought it was very sweet. Love the pic of the dog licking his face.

Baltiore City has a huge problem with mistreated pit bulls or those used for fighting.

So for this officer to still have compassion after seeing the animals discarded on a daily basis, good for him. You have to be bad ass to be a baltimore city officer too. They can get a job anywhere in the states. They see more in six months than most cops see in 10 years.
edit on 17-7-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Awesome story. Hope its an inspiration to other officers out there.

new topics

top topics

join