It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS:** We don't like Hitler at ATS, not even a little bit.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Darn! I had a nice thread written up about how Pol Pot saved Cambodia.

I agree this pro-Hitler revisionism is crap.
The OP of that thread conveniently forgot that Hitler had invaded 3 peaceful nations before WW2 actually started.
Oh, that's right - he was bringing the foreign German nationals back in to the fold.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

LDRAGON- That is a trash comment.

stop trolling.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Instead of banning it let us shoot down the people who make these claims by good old fashioned debate.

Whether or not Hitler was misunderstood, or really a good guy, is not a topic worthy of discussion for this site. There are plenty of sites out there who would be thrilled to have that discussion.

This is not one of them. Feel free to seek that discussion out elsewhere and counter it there. It's a settled point, here.

Its also pretty well known that a number of those sites members actively troll other internet forums with just the type of ridiculous "Hitler was a hero" threads that Springer is talking about.
I for one and glad that ATS has taken a stand and decided not to let itself be hijacked as a platform for neo nazi trolls trying to get access to a larger audience then their own tawdry little forums could ever attract.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

What about discussion of the possible conspiracy of the aftermath of ww1, treaty of Versailles and the events that lead to the terrible treatment of the German people during the next 20 years. That is of interest to some people, in no way glorifies Hitler, and is a part of history. Will that sort of discussion be allowed in the future if it does not portray hitler as a hero?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by VikingWarlord
reply to post by yeahright

What about discussion of the possible conspiracy of the aftermath of ww1, treaty of Versailles and the events that lead to the terrible treatment of the German people during the next 20 years. That is of interest to some people, in no way glorifies Hitler, and is a part of history. Will that sort of discussion be allowed in the future if it does not portray hitler as a hero?

Yes.

Pure and simple.

That's not revisionist history that puts a monster in a good light. That's a legitimate conspiracy theory that may provide great content.

~Tenth

link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Springer

No doubt about it, Hitler was a madman. But then, do you know of the atrocities committed by the Muslims as they swept through Europe in the dark ages? Shouldn't you ban all comments about people claiming that Islam is good?

I live in the U.S., and our ancestors once owned slaves! We slaughtered the indians! We dropped atom bombs on innocent people in Japan! Should any display of U.S. patriotism be tolerated here?

Genghis Kahn slaughtered sooooo many people! I mean he cut off their heads. Why isn't the name as infamous as Hitler's?

I dunno, Springer. I applaud your disdain for Hitler, but I think you opened a can of worms with this.

I don't think your examples work here. You can't judge a whole group of people based on one person, but you CAN judge one person. Hitler was one person who was a scumbag - not a hero in ANY sense. Not all Germans were evil - some WERE heroes. There have been some evil Americans, and there have been some Americans who have done some bad things, but there are also some American heroes. Islam is not all bad, and there are some Muslim heroes - Osama Bin Laden isn't one of them. See where I'm going here? There is a big difference between what you are saying and what Springer is saying.

link   

Then why, may I ask, are you still here......

Des

edit on 17-7-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Common Good

LDRAGON- That is a trash comment.

stop trolling.

Thank you.

I was going to comment, but because I'm black I was going to wait for permission first.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Oh and what does S... mean?is that name calling? way to go to break your own rules.

S stands for Springer mate, come on.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

It could also be the way he signs the bottom of the majority of his posts. S being Springer.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Dead wrong .. and trolling ... and if you feel that way then just leave.

link   

Thanks Springer.

For answering my question.

My occupation- I am a part of an elite group of space aliens who is trying to take over and destroy all
conspiracy websites.

=)

link   
reply to post by VikingWarlord

As I stated as CLEARLY AS I COULD in my OP:

Please note, this is NOT a mandate to silence all discussion about the Nazis, Hitler or WWII, so don't reply to this with feigned confusion or indignation over censorship.

Springer...

link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Oh and what does S... mean?is that name calling? way to go to break your own rules.

S stands for Springer mate, come on.

Yup just realised and edited it, but why is he threatening me with a ban and calling me a liar? Just because I disagreed with him?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Had to do it.

And i too think this decision is rash and inexplicably UN-ATS.

Just like not being able to discuss industrial hemp without getting slapped around.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Springer, an honest question.

I agree with your stance, first off.

But would some use your argument when discussing the "freedom fighter", "hero" islamic extremist versus the sadistic blood-thirsty madman?

I only say this because someone will bring it up.

Regards,

beez

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

He's rather emotional I would imagine. The topic he's brought up and the attacks he has received from it would make any man a little emotional.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Julius Caesar killed or enslaved half the Gallic population, and he did it purely for gold to pay his debts and further his career. Genocide, in modern terminology.

At the time many people (outside of Rome) probably thought of him as we think of Hitler. A mass-murdering, racist scumbag.

Now, Caesar is one of the West's great heroes.

Funny how history irons out its creases....

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I was merely trying to understand what exactly was not allowed, thanks for the VERY curt reply there springer.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join