It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS:** We don't like Hitler at ATS, not even a little bit.

page: 1.
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
There has been a rash of "Hitler was a hero', "Hitler was not a bad guy" threads here at ATS recently and I am putting everyone on notice that it stops now. Any future threads of this nature will be removed and the posting privileges of the author will be terminated.

I don't really care if you've found some new version of history that makes you want jump out and goose step in a brown shirt and deny the Holocaust until somebody knocks some sense into you, we don't want to read about it here. We don't want to see it here. We don't care about the ignorant mental gymnastics someone went through in a lame attempt at rewriting history.

Sadly, there are thousands of sites you can go get your hateful, ignorant, "seig heil!" on at, ATS is NOT one of them.

Please note, this is NOT a mandate to silence all discussion about the Nazis, Hitler or WWII, so don't reply to this with feigned confusion or indignation over censorship.

This is a mandate about NOT trying to improve Hitler's well deserved reputation as an evil scumbag of history, or, sell him as a "decent guy who really elevated his country", etc...

Enough.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Your decission is digusting and unaccetable. I really dont care if you own this site... This is a restriction to freedom of speech and free thinking... This is buying blindly and ignorantly into the so-called truth just because you had an official story beat into your head. And how ironically is this when the site is supposed to deny ignorance...

You are now setting a standard of cencorship that had NO place here or anywhere.

Im not denying the holocaust though I strongly believe that people are also too blind to see the premath... The great picture of why things turned out the way they did.

Shame on you Springer... Shame on you. You should know better than this, but I guess this is what ATS has bexome.... Just another moderator of the truth like every other media.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
Your decission is digusting and unaccetable. I really dont care if you own this site... This is a restriction to freedom of speech and free thinking... This is buying blindly and ignorantly into the so-called truth just because you had an official story beat into your head. And how ironically is this when the site is supposed to deny ignorance...

You are now setting a standard of cencorship that had NO place here or anywhere.

Im not denying the holocaust though I strongly believe that people are also too blind to see the premath... The great picture of why things turned out the way they did.

Shame on you Springer... Shame on you. You should know better than this, but I guess this is what ATS has bexome.... Just another moderator of the truth like every other media.

Should you be able to go into a man's home and dictate to him what type of furniture he has? No.

This is his web page, and he should be able to dictate what is allowed and what is not.

Hitler was an arogant, race hating man.

To find what he did as heroic or right is disgusting. Millions of Jews had nothing to do with the Jewish bankers. That would be like saying all Asians had to die because an Asian is the owner of the Federal Reserve.

Hitler used cop-out methods to rally a poor nation to greatness. They were simple minded and followed blindly.

But I lost track of my point - he can allow on his page what he wills.

So shame on you for denying the truth that millions of historians agree upon & voting that these posts be allowed - the same thinking is what allowed Germans to lay aside their morals and follow Hitler.
edit on 17-7-2012 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2012 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

I think it is more to do with the offense such subjects could cause, the staff here on ATS would run out of T&C / Manner and decorum stickers by the tenth thread.

Also, with respect, it is their site, and they can run it how they choose, and I imagine they don't want it looking like some neo-nazi playground.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Wow!
Springer, this both surprises me and disappoints me. I see a great number of thread topics that I find distasteful, inconsiderate etc... But would NEVER advocate for the silencing of free speech. Not now, not EVER!

The fine line between freedom and tyranny is that in freedom, anyone can express any opinion regardless of how distasteful, inconsiderate or ignorant it might be while tyranny seeks to control the flow of thought. I expect better of ATS and of the 3 Amigos. Those who would advocate for such ignorance end up paying a price for such ignorance. Please let the community at large decide on which historical figures we enter into debate by voting with out keyboards.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

When you own and/or run a website, you have the right to restrict content whether your audience likes it or not. I may not agree with restrictions on certain topics but I respect those restrictions because it ensures that I can post here.

That being said, I find the pro-Hitler threads to be an insult to survivors of the Holocaust, regardless of who they were.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Free speech comes with a responsibility.

*applause*

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

But would NEVER advocate for the silencing of free speech. Not now, not EVER!

ATS isn't the government...you have no free speech right on a private website.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

Over the years Ive seen a whole lot of threads that make me face palm. Things that reek of Poes law and more.
But really? Shame on him for saying no shoddy revisionist history that is flat out bunk to start with and everyone could easily misconstrue as a blessing to the skin head arena?

Shame on you for the red mark my hand left on my face from the sheer force of that facepalm.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Must admit that while I agree with you that Hitler was a scumbag have you forgotten that the victors write the history books? so such discussion should be allowed so other people can prove them wrong.
ATS has just gone down in my book.

la2

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I agree, the increase in pro-hitler threads has got silly.

The main issue would be the offense it causes, the atrocities carried out were simply inexcusable, and were not the actions of hero, but a genocidal maniac the likes of which we hope never to see again. I am all for discussing Hitlers place in history, both good and bad, but do not glorify this man.

This site needs regulation sometimes, and as a long time member and huge fan of this site, i appreciate this ruling on a very sensitive topic.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this Springer i agree with you 100%..Adolf Hitler was a terrible person who killed many innocent people he was no hero in my eyes the whole thing makes me want to cry..peace,sugarcookie1

link   
reply to post by Springer

Springer I support this thread. Not that I even ventured into the H threads, but the way you chose to end it was well worth the read.

link   
Its about time. Should make it so you can only make a thread when you get enough points by responding to certain topics... Like if you post enough on conspiracy topic, you can start a thread. Cause most of the threads recently suck.... Thats just my opinion

link   
This is a conspiracy site, right? I'm sure there are a number of conspiracies surrounding the man and the cause - Hero worship is not conspiracy and has no place here, IMHO.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS THREAD!!!

I couldn't freak'n believe it this morning when I saw the hero crap about Hitler.
Reminds me of the people who think Timothy McVeigh deserves a statue of honor.

FREAK'n SICK!!!!

link   
reply to post by flice

Don't you dare suppose to tell me what I've had "beaten into my head". My father was a WWII vet, he saw Hitler's carnage up close and personal in Germany, France, and Italy. The genuine history is very well documented by the Germans themselves, not only the allies who were victorious so the "history is written by the victors" argument fails on this one.

Of course knowing any of this requires real research and historical education, much more than buying the twisted ramblings of a moron on the internet who tells what you want to hear.

I am not going to argue this with anyone, it's done.

Springer...

link   
Must admit I've not read the type of threads your talking about but I'm all for the decision. The less of hitler the better.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Free speech comes with a responsibility.

and that would be?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Bravo, Kudos, it needed saying. This is why you are the owner of ATS...to stop the stupidity and ignorance.

Des

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join