It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States Program for General and Complete Disarmament in a Peaceful World

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion

Interesting. You try to use the authority of a man who without using guns effectively helped inspire his nation to remove the British... who powerlessly used guns and other weapons on them. Are you going to put the "big boy"ness of Dyer and those who followed his orders on the same level as Gandhi and those who followed his example?

India didn't get it's independence just because of Gandhi, although some claim so. In India there were many groups, including armed groups who waged war against the Brittish for decades... The Brittish decided to do business with one representative of India's people, and they chose Gandhi... But Gandhi had help from people with firearms, and in great part this is part of the reason why he wasn't against firearms.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion

And lastly I'm confused.

On one hand you criticize someone who suggests we can choose to act differently than we currently are. That our culture can grow out of the old means of maintaining order and resolving conflict.

What some others and I have been saying is clear, we all want to choose what we want, not being forced because you think that is the best way, and that is what is happening with the anti-gun movement, and others. They are trying to push their agenda to make EVERYONE give up their right to bear arms because of what some want.

I never said that I want to change India... Now you are trying to twist what I have been saying. The Hindu people have to decide themselves what they want, and even if you try to change them they probably will not do so until they decide to do so themselves.

INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM, should always be a choice no matter how good of an excuse there is to take away individual freedom.

edit on 26-7-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

"From my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston

Taking the guns away from law abiding, honest citizens, is the next step to tyranny. Anyone with a working brain in their heads will protest against this in full force. This is why, in my opinion, 1984 needs to be required reading in every classroom in the world. For, its not simply a prediction of things to come, its a blueprint of what IS going to happen if we don't smarten up. The last thing on earth we want is a worldwide ban on guns, not only will it make our species susceptible to outside attack, (which is more likely then most imagine), but it makes us susceptible to total loss of freedoms at the hands of Fascist corporate/political conglomerates.

I for one will not live in a world where my rights are dictated by a bunch of U.N. banker tool's.
edit on 26-7-2012 by 007Polytoks because: Centering not working

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 007Polytoks

It is more than a prediction, it is exactly part of what the global elites want. George Orwell somehow knew the world could become like in his "1984 novel"...

Orwell himself stated, and I quote:

All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome.
George Orwell

www.brainyquote.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

As I stated.

"For, its not simply a prediction of things to come, its a blueprint of what IS going to happen if we don't smarten up."

To me 1984 is a clear blueprint, not just a prediction./

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join