It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States Program for General and Complete Disarmament in a Peaceful World

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Anything that has utopia sounding crap like disarmament and peaceful world is bound to be either pie in the sky or something straight out of 1984's playbook. Either way, it doesn't include freedom, choice, or anything that means you're more than a severely drugged and/or docile robot.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Bullets will no doubt be first to become banned. To attempt to take guns away from people who possess bullets would be too messy --- therefore they would have to remove the part of the gun that allows one to defend oneself: the bullet.

Bullet making is fun and fairly inexpensive, however.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Oh come on infinity that is such a generalization

I own a couple guns. Havn't fired them in years, decades maybe. But I have them regardless. I don't feel tough by any means because I have them. Most of them are hand-me-downs from my father whom was a avid hunter.

Here is a good quote that I agree with, we just need a new enemy!

This quote is real - you can verify it. Source is questionable though.

"I occasionally think," continued Reagan, "how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet, I ask" -- here comes the clincher -- "is not an alien force ALREADY among us?" The President now tries to retreat from the last bold statement by posing a second question: "What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war?" Unlike the off-the-cuff remarks to the Fallston High School, we must assume that the President's speech to the General Assembly was written very carefully and likewise, it merits close examination.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
None of us will live to see that happen.

The UN remains pretty irrelevant and i don't see that changing. All that matters is the power plays among members of the security council.

It would take something literally world shattering to force the change in mindset required to make the changes in that document a reality.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
To reduce all nations armies to less than 2 million and then establish a global UN peace keeping force is a blueprint for a One World Government. This is the New World Order being birthed through a group of unelected officials.

The signing of this treaty marks the beginning of the end.

Also this seems to be geared towards disarming the United States, the people of the United States is the only nation in the World that can stop the NWO.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Yeah but what about those who make their own? My brother has a press to make his own bullets. He also owns lots of firearms....(He say's it's only a matter of time before it all starts breaking down, best be prepared.)

I know where to go if a collapse to society was imminent...

Scary thoughts - the government trying to disarm Americans. I think of my brother and I know how he'd react, and I'm scared for him. Myself - well I'll be needed on the back lines in the medic tent anyways. What use do I have for guns when I'm a healer...

Eh, we shall see.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hidden0

Is there some sort of implication that all encouragement of war, national and otherwise, is driven by alien forces?

I'm unsure as to the exact point there. Is there a real answer, or is it food for thought alone?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

More or less food for thought. I'm sorry, sometimes I post like I talk. Which entails me bringing up random crap. I do feel it is pertinent to this thread though in the form that this document the OP speaks of bringing mankind together, in a way. Although we are discussing it under the guise that it would bring mankind together under the NWO I'm assuming. Yet if only aliens did invade (which I give no credence to) I feel we really would band together as a species and be able to propel past our petty warmongering on Earth.

Unfortunately, this wouldn't be changing humanity for the better, only changing it's common enemy - lol. At least, in that case, we could stop killing each other and focus on some other life form.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Perhaps surprisingly, I'm all for it, the title at least. Complete Disarmament in a Peaceful World. It doesn't say Complete Disarmament to Make a Peaceful World. As soon as we have a peaceful world, I'll take disarmament any day. Of course, the bears will have to be peaceful, so will the criminals, so will the government and the police.

But when you make it, I'll sign up.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hidden0

Although we are discussing it under the guise that it would bring mankind together under the NWO I'm assuming. Yet if only aliens did invade (which I give no credence to) I feel we really would band together as a species and be able to propel past our petty warmongering on Earth.

The problem with this is that when the world gives up their arms to unelected world government there is no peace, just criminals running around killing people and no way to defend oneself.

reply to post by charles1952

Perhaps surprisingly, I'm all for it, the title at least. Complete Disarmament in a Peaceful World. It doesn't say Complete Disarmament to Make a Peaceful World. As soon as we have a peaceful world, I'll take disarmament any day. Of course, the bears will have to be peaceful, so will the criminals, so will the government and the police.

But when you make it, I'll sign up.

You'll find yourself on the receiving end of a tyrannical world government.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Oh right everyone gives up their nuclear/bio weapons etc, mean while in area 51, the DoD/Pentagon have a new secret weapons, yeah i think the other countries should just hold on to their weapons for abit longer, when U.S lead from the front and show the world how it is done and open their gates first, aint happening any time soon.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PizzaVan

Why do WE Americans have to show how it is done? We are the youngest country in the world, and to boot a republic/democracy filled with corruption! History shows we are on the down slide. Where is the rest of the world to help us? Why is it when a Tsunami or Earthquake happens we are expected to step up? We are the babies in the water....

I just don't get it.

We are at the top and looked to because we are the only one's stepping up to bat. The rest of you - follow your thousands of years of redundancy....

It is what you are best at.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
No one on this planet needs weapons. Period.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
Theres never going to be a complete ban as even in any country there will be needs for defence against stuff like polar bears etc and even here in the the UK home of the worlds most nasty gun regulation its easy to get a gun for population control

and i'd imagine that the UN mean wars not someone fancying spending a week in the wilderness trying to bag a few deer

Did you even try to bother to read the document?... Or are you too lazy to do that?...

Here, for the lazy people like you...

DISARMAMENT GOAL AND OBJECTIVES
The disbanding of all national armed forces and the prohibition of their reestablishment in any form whatsoever other than those required to preserve internal order and for contributions to a United Nations Peace Force;
The elimination from national arsenals of all armaments, including all weapons of mass destruction and the means for their delivery, other than those required for a United Nations Peace Force and for maintaining internal order;
The institution of effective means for the enforcement of international agreements, for the settlement of disputes, and for the maintenance of peace in accordance with the principles of the United Nations;
The establishment and effective operation of an International Disarmament Organization within the framework of the United Nations to insure compliance at all times with all disarmament obligations.

They want to disband all national armed forces, except for the United Nations murderers, I mean peacekeepers...

They want to eliminate all armaments, including WMD... This means the ban of all firearms, and that only the "United Nations Peace Force should have firearms"...

They want complete disarmament, and only for the United Nations to have the weaponry...

That is the goal they have been working on since at least 1961...

edit on 17-7-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
No one on this planet needs weapons. Period.

Wow, and you are the know it all that everyone must agree on?...

Get off your "general arm-chair" and leave people decide THEMSELVES what they want to do...

Control freaks...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

You'll find yourself on the receiving end of a tyrannical world government.

He/she doesn't seem to understand the parts where it says "the United Nations will FORCE everyone to comply to all agreements"...

Agreements which most people won't be making, but only the world elites will agree on...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

That's because American think shooting things makes them real tough. I'd be more impressed if they could win a gun fight with a knife. Takes more skill, more guts, and generally more everything. Including luck.

Shooting a gun makes you a man, eh? And hitting a woman when you're drunk makes you what, exactly?

Wow...who in their right mind would be so ^^ ignorant^^ to claim that owning firearms makes you a spouse beater?...

BTW sherlock, there are millions of women and children who also use, and have used firearms, not only to hunt, and for target practice, but to save their lives, or the lives of loved ones from criminals who were trying to rape them, and or kill them...

Not to mention that the only way for citizens to protect themvels against a truly tyrannical government is with firearms, not with pens or pencils...

Amazing the stupid arguments the gun-grabbers make these days...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join