It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States Program for General and Complete Disarmament in a Peaceful World

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This is a very interesting document to say the least, especially considering what is happening at the U.N. with the arms trade treaty. I don't know if this gives any concrete evidence of whether or not a complete weapons ban is taking place, but it does give insight into what has been happening in times past regarding disarmament in the United States through an international body, namely the United Nations.

It discusses actions, obligations and different stages of the disarmament process. Along with it's implementation and guidelines.

Source

The revolutionary development of modern weapons within a world divided by serious ideological differences has produced a crisis in human history. In order to overcome the danger of nuclear war now confronting mankind, the United States has introduced at the Sixteenth General Assembly of the United Nations a Program for General and Complete Disarmament in a Peaceful World.

This new program provides for the progressive reduction of the war-making capabilities of nations and the simultaneous strengthening of international institutions to settle disputes and maintain the peace. It sets forth a series of comprehensive measures which can and should be taken in order to bring about a world in which there will be freedom from war and security for all states. It is based on three principles deemed essential to the achievement of practical progress in the disarmament field:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Anything that comes from the US govt should be treated with suspicion .the only way to peace and to contain the genocidal USA is nuclear and bioweapons.

Nothing else. We have seen in Libya,Iraq what happened.
edit on 17-7-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

So, the only way to maintain peace is to make sure we can kill each other?

Seems legit.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm not an American myself but I'm sure there are plenty of Americans who won't like this very much at all.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Theres never going to be a complete ban as even in any country there will be needs for defence against stuff like polar bears etc and even here in the the UK home of the worlds most nasty gun regulation its easy to get a gun for population control

and i'd imagine that the UN mean wars not someone fancying spending a week in the wilderness trying to bag a few deer

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Because americans understand only the language of WMD and are a bunch of psychopaths.Thats it.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

The perfect World for the US is to have every Nation and citizen dis-armed.

Except for the US. Govt. & Military of course.

Peace

link   
"Complete and total disarmament of the entire world except the usa ane countries that start with r and end with ussia" they mean.

How will they have blood sacrifices without weapons?

Theyre going to have a global revolution on their hands very soon i think.

link   
reply to post by Daedal

lol
is the usa gonna be first?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

That's because American think shooting things makes them real tough. I'd be more impressed if they could win a gun fight with a knife. Takes more skill, more guts, and generally more everything. Including luck.

Shooting a gun makes you a man, eh? And hitting a woman when you're drunk makes you what, exactly?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reeks of the New World Order agenda.... the tagline should be Peace through global enslavement.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

As states relinquish their arms, the United Nations must be progressively strengthened in order to improve its capacity to assure international security and the peaceful settlement of disputes;

Yeah. That sounds like a great plan.

I have an idea neighbors. Give me all your guns and I'll keep you safe. You can trust me. It's not like I have a history of corruption, human trafficking, funding genocide, or systematic sexual assaults.

I'm willing to bet not one of my neighbors would accept the idea. Yet I am statistically far more righteous than the UN. Saintly by comparison.

link   
According to the document a United Nations Peace Force will be established to enforce the peace as the disarmament process begins, because Nations are unlikely to shed their means of self protection, and it can only be achieved by such.

Nations are unlikely to shed their means of self-protection in the absence of alternative ways to safeguard their legitimate interests. This can only be achieved through the progressive strengthening of international institutions under the United Nations and by creating a United Nations Peace Force to enforce the peace as the disarmament process proceeds.

link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas

Because americans understand only the language of WMD and are a bunch of psychopaths.Thats it.

Insulting us doesn't make you right. It only says that you have nothing more intelligent to add to your equally intelligent post above.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

insulting us???.Tell that to the Libyans,Iraqis,native americans,irish and the countries on which your nation has waged 150 wars.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Well, if it's everyone (all of the world) I'm for it, but it still wouldn't stop killing or fighting. We'd just fight with rocks, sticks, and fire instead. As opposed to nuclear and biological weapons. Yet I think it behooves us to remove those things, nuclear and biological. After all, if the world was to suffer any calamity and the facilities that house nuclear programs and biological warfare were to deteriorate from non-use, disrepair, or just plain forgetting about them....we are in the same boat as if we used them against one another anyways.

But to think that the disarmament of nuclear and biological weapons is going to stop the wars and create a peaceful world - I don't know....

We still warred with one another without all the fancy tech, seems we'd so the same again even if we removed the tech.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
Theres never going to be a complete ban as even in any country there will be needs for defence against stuff like polar bears etc and even here in the the UK home of the worlds most nasty gun regulation its easy to get a gun for population control

and i'd imagine that the UN mean wars not someone fancying spending a week in the wilderness trying to bag a few deer

Defense from bears means handguns, as far as im concerned. You really gonna walk around with a shotgun everywhere you go? We have cougars and coyote where i live. And raccoons and possums. And evil dogs. They try to keep the cougars as realistic as big foot but ive heard the cops on the scanner.....theyre here. So i should be able to walk around with a 45 on my hip, under my tshirt. And i am, and i do.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

insulting us???.Tell that to the Libyans,Iraqis,native americans,irish and the countries on which your nation has waged 150 wars.

Tell that to all the countries who begged for our help and wouldn't exist if we hadn't stepped in. Other countries are always moaning about our policies, then panting at our feet when they need some firepower to take out the baddies.

edit on 17-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas

I dont know a single american that agrees with libya except my congressman, by the way.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
When you criminalise weapons for countries, only criminal countries will have weapons.

2nd

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join