It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

has anyone heard about this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I was searching on-line and heard something about the government making exclusive bases underground and possibly on the moon as well. It was some sort of conspiracy that people above the government were working on. They also said that there were 3 plans these people had to come into power. From what I gather this was in case of an attack by either aliens or some other country making a nuclear strike against us. Is there any truth to this or was this just a theory. Please let me know.

Thanks
al77zzz

LINK 1

[edit on 8-10-2004 by AL77ZZZ]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
"an attack by either aliens or some other country making a nuclear strike against us."

Do you have the url/s from where you read this? Sounds interesting... I have read about the moon bases, but from what I understood, they are alien bases, and that we were 'told' to 'stay away' from there. Could be that is why we haven't been back to the moon in thirty years. If the moon base's are human, then that also explains why moon trips have not been public knowledge.

With respect,

No1nptkulr

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
al777ZZ, I am sure there are underground bases built by the Government thoughout the country, some dating back to the 1950s. I'm sure that Camp David, MD, Martinsburg WV, and a couple of others are there, as is, of course, Cheyenne Mountain in Colorado (as well as several we don't know about).

But I doubt if there are any on the Moon, operated either by humans or (non-existent) aliens. Some scientists have recommended that large scale bases on the moon (when they are built) should be build underground. This would be to avoid damage from meteorites, since, without any atmosphere to slow them and burn them up, there is a constant bombardment of the Moon's surface by particles, most about the size of a grain of sand. But my guess is that this wouldn't be cost-effective, given the high cost of building anything on a place as distant and inherently hostile as the surfce of the Moon.

[edit on 8-10-2004 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AL77ZZZ
I was searching on-line and heard something about the government making exclusive bases underground and possibly on the moon as well. It was some sort of conspiracy that people above the government were working on. They also said that there were 3 plans these people had to come into power. From what I gather this was in case of an attack by either aliens or some other country making a nuclear strike against us. Is there any truth to this or was this just a theory. Please let me know.

Frequently debunked.

As OTS says, there ARE some underground bases, but they're not huge extensive underground fortresses, and they're pretty darn hard to hide. What you'll find in these tales are that they have one source (one person) when you track them down, that there is no current or independant photographic proof, and generally no other proof.

In the case of the "underground bases", if you hop onto Terraserv or other places with aerial photos, this will usually prove conclusively that the person going on and on about these bases is making this stuff up.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
the Russians actually had a design/concept teamworking on an idea for a moon base headquarters during the cold war- in the event of mother Russia being nuked they were to transport top personel and Miltary there to conduct further stategys.
If your really intrested ill find you a link but bottom line is that as Byrd said,pretty much every goverment of the worlds super powers has come up with the theory of a moon base or other bases that some person some where as seen or had acces to but when asked to give hard proof there never really backed up by any significant evidence,all that the russians said was that they had an idea and did some research for it,the main reasoning for this was shear cost and timescale involved-if they couldnt do it because of cost at a time when they were one of the wealthiest nations of the world ( and resourceful) then i think it will be a while,probably never before it happens).

Regards.

new topics

top topics

join