It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has so many disbelievers, new agers, an important message from Heaven for you

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

A simple wiki link for ya, bud:

Christ (Greek Χριστός (Khristós) 'anointed') is a translation of the Hebrew מָשִׁיחַ (Māšîaḥ), the Messiah, and is used as a title for Jesus in the New Testament.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

and this:

www.etymonline.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I don't understand how anybody who is NOT a fundamentalist can wonder about Christ. It disgusts me when people try and pull this card out of their hat. AND I'm not even Christian. Wasn't even raised Christian. It's an ideal. An icon on a pedestal you should aspire to. We all need that, a goal, an aspiration to better ourselves....

To a Christian it is more than that, they feel differently about Christ. They feel he was the last and will be the last until he returns. (As if they would recognize him/her when they did return.) I don't agree. I feel that we have missed the messiah already several times over...and over...

But to a non-christian, to not at least have respect for the thinkers of any time, - which Jesus of Nazareth was (a great thinker) - is to dishonor yourself. That is my opinion. Right or wrong. If you are a seeker of truth, you cannot seek the truth without at least respecting the fight Jesus waged in the minds of the religious of his time....He is as much a part of the truth as Buddha, Krishna, or any of the other great thinkers of any century.

Christ was remarkable. It is a shame any person, Christian or otherwise, cannot reconcile that truth.

In saying that, it does not mean we all have to convert. Conversion is not necessary. Only seeking truth is.

edit on 17-7-2012 by CirqueDeTruth because: trailing thought finished

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

It Is Your Duty To Seek Out The Truth

....Surrender completely.

Do you not see the conflict in these two statements?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
I would have to disagree with you to some degree. While it may practice the skill sof critical thinking, it is neither practical nor intelligent to bring yourself upon a Christian thread and begin posting messages critical of religion. I mean no offense to any of you, but it shows me that while non-theists are generally quite smart, they're still stuck on religion as much as even the most ferverant (spelling?) of Christians.
edit on 17-7-2012 by ManjushriPrajna because: (no reason given)

When someone preaches gobbledegook in places where those of lesser convictions might hear and believe, then it's our right and duty to shut it down; to show it as ridiculous as it really is.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

I'm still confused as to why people who dislike/disagree with Christianity post very mean things in regards to Christianity in said thread.

Read the thread post again. Do this, or else.

Surrender completely

Surrender? Excuse me? Surrender to whom?

Ask God, He hears you, pray, ask Him to help you believe.

I did ask my God, a great many things. He never said a thing about belief, that is a human variable. My God is my friend, my Father, not one who would, or could destroy or punish me for being myself. The Divine Mother did not ask me to believe wither, this is something the Gods do not do, don't know where you got this idea of supplication and surrendering to your Dad and Mom.

Do not die in mortal sin.

Not planning to, Sin may still exist, but I know him not. The Christian idea and concept of Sin was all made up to scare people. Works too, doesn't it?

Many who enter into Hell's fire complain that they did NOT know HELL existed.

Well, it certainly did exist, and here is is:

Gehenna (Greek γέεννα), Gehinnom (Rabbinical Hebrew: גהנום/גהנם) and Yiddish Gehinnam, are terms derived from a place outside ancient Jerusalem known in the Hebrew Bible as the Valley of the Son of Hinnom (Hebrew: גֵיא בֶן־הִנֹּם or גיא בן-הינום); one of the two principal valleys surrounding the Old City.

In the Hebrew Bible, the site was initially where apostate Israelites and followers of various Ba'als and Caananite gods, including Moloch, sacrificed their children by fire (2 Chr. 28:3, 33:6; Jer. 7:31, 19:2-6).

In Jewish, Christian and Islamic scripture, Gehenna is a destination of the wicked.[1] This is different from the more neutral Sheol/Hades, the abode of the dead, though the King James version of the Bible translates both with the Anglo-Saxon word Hell.

en.wikipedia.org...
Trouble is, no one knows the location today. So, I reckon if you Christians are adamant about it, then you better start searching and digging. There is no lake of fire, no hell of Christian description, and this is another reason, they are always projecting FEAR and they want us to be AFRAID. Well, so of us refuse, and tent to shut down their fear mongering.
We have all been around and around over this again and again. Many of has spent hours researching and showing the Christians the history of their book, their religion, and even the origin of their Gods, and still they attempt to convince of of their mythical world of demons and satans and worship of a dead man and a cross, which was, in fact, a Pagan symbol long before the Church came along.

These are just some of the reasons they always get attacked. Self styled Internet preachers do not have a chance in Hades to convert every single member, in fact, I would bet not a single one has been converted via their efforts.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

reply to post by AfterInfinity

Truth is an endless road. You'll never find truth in trying to tear down someone's belief, it's a terrible dead end street.

So, when a child declares that 3+3=7, we shouldn't tear down this belief?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

It is a whole different spectrum. Mathematics and science are based on certainty. But there is nothing certain about the human condition. We can turn humanistic or tyrannical in our philosophical view. We are at a cusp. I think you are aware of it. (That's a personal assumption, I apologize if I am too forward in my assumptions.)

You are comparing apples to oranges from my perspective. But I am 36. I should have hope for the future and our ability to philosophically make that change for the better. Math and science is impersonal, and leads us no where in moral and ethics. Philosophy however, cultivated properly, with not the few but all in mind, could be what carries us through to the next age.

I hope.

edit on 17-7-2012 by CirqueDeTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Well, 3 + 3 isn't 7, we know this because mathmatics says otherwise. It's a verifiably false statement, and if a child is made to believe it's true, then that would be a diservice to the child's growing mind.

A supreme creator deity is neither verifiable nor be unverified. One is based upon a system that can show it's false, but one cannot show that a deity isn't real or not real by any means. One would, in your analogy, have to assume that said-deity is constricted to only the realm of possibility that we humans can perceive. If he/she/it is real, it extends beyond mundane concepts as numbers.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Well, 3 + 3 isn't 7, we know this because mathmatics says otherwise. It's a verifiably false statement, and if a child is made to believe it's true, then that would be a diservice to the child's growing mind.

A supreme creator deity is neither verifiable nor be unverified. One is based upon a system that can show it's false, but one cannot show that a deity isn't real or not real by any means. One would, in your analogy, have to assume that said-deity is constricted to only the realm of possibility that we humans can perceive. If he/she/it is real, it extends beyond mundane concepts as numbers.

Hope you don't mind. I had to rewrite this post to show you just how far fetched it is.

A unicorn is neither verifiable nor be unverified. One is based upon a system that can show it's false, but one cannot show that a unicorn isn't real or not real by any means. One would, in your analogy, have to assume that said-unicorn is constricted to only the realm of possibility that we humans can perceive. If unicorn is real, it extends beyond mundane concepts as numbers.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

I have a question too. Jesus' last name was never Christ, so why call him that?

Could it be for the same reasons that you hardly EVER hear anyone say:

"Buddha dammit" or "oh my Allah!"

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Richard Carrier believes in the future, that most scholars will agree that there NEVER was a Jesus.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Reading the replies, oh the disbelief and mocking, didn't I say...

You have a soul, it is eternal, you will live forever, turn to the true God, trust in Him. He is our Father, remember, He is running toward us, the prodigals, His beloved children with open arms.

God is asking again in this message for PRAYER to save souls. Rote or personal prayer. His grace can come down on those who reject Him. Stubborn hearts will change.

Pray too for faith, ask God to give you the grace to believe. How difficult is it to speak to Our Lord, God the Father or God the Holy Spirit? This is prayer, begin a daily prayer life if you don't have one.

+ + +

www.jabezinaction.blogspot.com...

July 19, 2012

Millions refuse to believe in Hell

...Give Me permission to transform you. Children, each day, I look down from My throne of glory, and behold your breeches in love. I behold your failings, your indifference, your refusals to love. O My Little Ones, if you could behold all that I witness, you would die of sorrow. Millions around the globe are indifferent to Love. Millions worship Satan. So many are lost. Your time is running out. I have warned you numerous times of events which will bring about mass destruction. Yet many of you fail to pray. You refuse to answer My calls to prayer, My calls to holiness. Each day, I witness souls falling into the fires of Hell, and hear their screams for mercy. Each day, My heart breaks because of this. Will you not assist Me in bringing about the conversion of souls? I need prayer warriors. Please be faithful to this calling. Many have refused mandates to minister to My Children. Many have shut Me out. Millions refuse to believe in Hell. Satan's deceptions have ensnared millions. My Children, will you assist Me in revealing the Truth to the world? Will you serve in all obedience before Me, and agree to walk blameless before My sight? I need Saints to do My bidding. I need faithful warriors in each nation of the world to call down My mercy. If this does not happen, lives will be lost, even more souls will be thrown into the fires of Hell. I invite you to obey Me in all things. I invite you to accept My mandates, and to pray without ceasing....

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
If there were a true issue of a god, it would be as omnipresent as nature itself.

And, if we check the details for the god of Abraham we find out the theme of Enlil, of the Creator gods fame.

And, if we double check we find old Jesus didn't like Yahweh and liked The Father, or Enki that saved Noah.

So, now you have to plead for folks to believe-------when for a real god issue there would never be a question.

You are on the same flimsy platform for those telling kiddies little stories of Santa Clauss. You don't have a god, only an imagination.

Thus, like most adults these days, we don't need Santa to believe in, nor a Daddy to cling to.

Do the ultimate and show the world your god, cause we are all from Missouri, else the world sees you as just a child with a vivid imagination.

Heaven, Hell, and god are all just figments of imagination, existing no where in nature. Else, there would be no questions in the world for any of the three.

You Bible god theme sprang from greed for gold, slavery, and those wanting to control the world---such a god is not even worthy of respect. We don't need any more kings trying to play god. And not yours either.

edit on 20-7-2012 by MagnumOpus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

To anoint is to pour or smear with perfumed oil, milk, water, melted butter or other substances, a process employed ritually by many religions.

So, guess it means that Jesus is oily, but smells good!

I guess that's why our childhood preacher, Brother Bibler, kid you not, was also oily.

reply to post by jiggerj

A unicorn is neither verifiable nor be unverified. One is based upon a system that can show it's false, but one cannot show that a unicorn isn't real or not real by any means. One would, in your analogy, have to assume that said-unicorn is constricted to only the realm of possibility that we humans can perceive. If unicorn is real, it extends beyond mundane concepts as numbers.

Unicorns are indeed real! I know because I have a picture of one!

See?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Oh...i dunno bout that. He sent his spirit back when he ascended, so he's never left us alone. He's always been here, if any believers are missing him it's because they don't look inward to where his temple is located. Physically he will return probably by 2018. He saw fit to give Apostle John a timeline whereby we would know when the end of the Age would be and we're at the beginning of that.

Revelation 17:8-11

8 The beast that you saw was, and is not, and will ascend out of the bottomless pit and go to perdition. And those who dwell on the earth will marvel, whose names are not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, when they see the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

9 “Here is the mind which has wisdom: The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits. 10 There are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come. And when he comes, he must continue a short time. 11 The beast that was, and is not, is himself also the eighth, and is of the seven, and is going to perdition.

This Beast began when Israel first became a nation, it is a conglomeration of all the Empires the decendants of Jacob have run afoul of. The seven heads that are 7 mountains are Kingdoms or empires. The first 5 have fallen as of the time Revelation was written by John around 91 A.D. In order they are Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia and Greece (Alexander the Great was one of the 7 kings). When Revelation was written the time of the 6th head was occuring and that was the Roman/Holy Roman Empire. The 7th head of the Beast was Islam/Ottoman Empire. The Ottoman Empire was dealt a death blow in 1924 and the Muslim Brotherhood was created to resurrect the fallen Caliphate which will be the 8th head that is of the 7.

With each respective Empire that rose, the Beast gained more and more territory, getting bigger and bigger. By the time the Roman Empire was at the height of it's power the Beast encompassed all the way from Iran to Brittain to Hadrian's Wall. We are in the time just before the 8th head comes into Power and the Beast is resurrected, in what is called the Beginning of Sorrows. This crap going on in the M.E. with Libya, Egypt, Syria and the Arab spring put the muslim bortherhood in position to recreate the fallen Caliphate and we live in that time period. We are the last generation before Messiah returns.
edit on 20-7-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

:bnghd: I can't believe I'm reading this on a site for informed discussion.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
reply to post by colbe

Colbe,

Well thank you for your regard and concern. I'm not ignorant of Christianity. I have many loved ones whom are of several different faiths, including Christianity and Catholicism. I believe they are wonderful people, but it is not the religion that makes them wonderful to me - it's that I love them and they are a personal part of me and my life. I could care less what my loved ones believe, I will still love them.

Tolerance is my motto - as I'm pagan or "new-age". Back in the flower child days of when I was born, that is what the new age movement was all about - tolerance. I don't hate you for your beliefs. All I would ask is you not hate me for mine also, nor curse me with your thoughts of my going to hell! Do you know what I mean?

Blessings to you, and may you walk with Christ.
Cirque

Hi Cirque,

I do not hate you or anyone. The message is serious, these are serious
times. God is preparing the world through His prophets for the Second
Pentecost. Everyone on the earth will experience it this time.

When you see a celestial explosion of sorts in the Heavens, a cross in the sky and begin to see your life, every moment like an NDE before
you...actually seeing the state of your soul, this is God's merciful act
to bring everyone in world to Him. You will still have the gift of free
giving your "yes" OR "no" to Him.

We can prepare, with repentance and confession of our grave sins to God and prayer, speak to Him every day if you don't now. Catholics have to do more, they must go to Confession. You will not see the pain of
seeing CONFESSED sins in your life review.

From the message in the OP:

"It is your duty to seek out the Truth. Be vigilant. Protect your soul as much as possible for it is your most prized possession."

colbe

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join