It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello to all. I am in Michigan. I am retired from GM after 36 years service. I look forward to me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I will start with an add i seen in my local paper, two days ago. It was put in by the owner of our local greenhouse. It is a 4x6 add, kind of big and draws your eye. It says..Township News...Is the Police Dept. out of control ? How much military equipment do we need in our Township ? The building is full, it's spilling out in the driveways, and we also are storing boxes and crates of military equipment at the old Mott Brother's Hardware Bld. Does the Police have too much time and not enough crime ? What is Police work ?

Well, me , being the curious type and time on my hands, had to go have a look see. I ride a 34 year old motorcycle and took a ride by our Township Hall. I pulled off to the side of the road right by the hall and took off my helmet. Bent down and looking like I had bike trouble. Took a good look around, and sure enough, there were large boxes and a bunch of wooden crates, stacked up against the side of the building. I was too far away to see what was printed on them. Dinked around with the bike a little, and rode away. Old Mott's Hardware is across the road from a real big cemetary where some of my family is at rest and is less than a mile from my home. I went in and went to a spot where I had a good veiw and stood and watched a while. I was there about 20 min, and a county sheriff pulled in and went to the side of the building. Two cops got out went to the back of the Tahoe and took out two crates and carryed them in. Someone opened the door to the building for them from the inside. This hardware has been closed for many years, windows covered up, weeds growing in the cracks in the lot.

What the h-e double hockey sticks is going on here ? What does, my small Township need with military stuff ?

I will keep my eye on this, and let ya know if I see anything else. I will be contacting the owner of the greenhouse and see what his opinion is.

Thanks for your time. I look forward to reading and membership at ATS.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by oldkawguy

Welcome to ATS!

Hope to see you on the boards.

beez

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS and enjoy yourself.

See you around the boards.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Well, if it was in the local paper you can probably find an online source. And being so close, you can probably get some pics of these boxes or crates you are seeing.

Would be an awesome first thread, welcome to ATS!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Hey welcome fella, interesting story... Very strange indeed... Perhaps they are conducting some type of testing? Why not knock on the door and ask your public servants what they are doing? After all you have been paying for them for 36 years, surely you are entitled to some answers?

Why not contact your local paper and ask them if they would like to ride along and film what goes down? If they were interested enough to post the article then maybe they would be interested in a follow up?

Any way, glad to have you around and look forward to seeing what your wisdom brings to us.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

From Michigander (Michiganian) to another, Welcome

Very interesting.
Wondering your general whereabouts.

I'm Metro-Detroit.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30

Hey welcome fella, interesting story... Very strange indeed... Perhaps they are conducting some type of testing? Why not knock on the door and ask your public servants what they are doing? After all you have been paying for them for 36 years, surely you are entitled to some answers?

Why not contact your local paper and ask them if they would like to ride along and film what goes down? If they were interested enough to post the article then maybe they would be interested in a follow up?

Any way, glad to have you around and look forward to seeing what your wisdom brings to us.

That's almost exactly what I was going to say.
And another user pointed out, it would make a great first thread!

Welcome to Ats, by the way! Keep your eyes open, and watch your six. =)

-Alittleironic

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SangriaRed

I am north of Flint

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hello and welcome. I too cant wait to hear more about this. One question though, were you in any way responsible for that piece of crap they called a car named vega?? lol

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS oldkawguy,I'm looking forward to your post and threads..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

welcome to ats from a former michigander,born and raised.
My father also worked for gm retired back in 86
I've always said there are many good people in Michigan

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bourbon2nite

Oh God....No But I know what you mean. I bought one new in 1971. Worst new car I ever had. I worked at a truck assembly plant. We built Blazer and Suburbans back in the day. Now they build HD pickups.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Dearborn, Mi checking in. Welcome.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

hey brother, enjoy your time on the board!

new topics

top topics

join