It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there was a war between China and the US who would win?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

The thing is though, America has no allies, they only choose to help those when it will serve American interests. Even if the Australian government didn't ask (BTW please provide a reference for that) then America still would have sent in a fleet, just so they could automatically become involved in any conflict that started there.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

You know what, money talks...and if America cut everyone off.....then it would have no allies. As long as the money flows, other regimes and countries have no problem laying down to be the whore because it pays for what they want the most...control of their own people....this includes China.

Money has no morality attached to it, if it did, pimps and drug dealers would be out of business...Or they would be peddling their wares for bananas instead of money.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

NORTH KOREA'S forthcoming missile launch will be aimed towards South-East Asia and Australia for the first time, the US has warned.
The warning was delivered in person yesterday to the Foreign Affairs Minister, Bob Carr, by a senior official in the Obama Administration, Kurt Campbell, during a visit to Sydney.
North Korea, which claimed to have successfully tested a nuclear weapon in 2009, has for years worked to improve its long-range ballistic missile capability. Previous missile tests have been launched east, over Japan. But US intelligence suggests the launch announced for mid-April will be aimed south for the first time.
"If the missile test proceeds as North Korea has indicated, our judgment is that it will impact in an area roughly between Australia, Indonesia and the Philippines," Dr Campbell, the assistant secretary of state for East Asia and the Pacific, said yesterday.
"We have never seen this trajectory before. We have weighed into each of these countries and asked them to make clear that such a test is provocative and this plan should be discontinued."
After the meeting Mr Carr told the Herald: "The North Korean nuclear and long-range missile plans represent a real and credible threat to the security of the region and to Australia."
The launch would be "in clear violation of UN Security Council resolutions."
Mr Carr said he and Dr Campbell had "shared views on how both the US and Australia could engage our regional partners and allies to encourage North Korea to abandon its plans".
The US President, Barack Obama, will be among some 50 leaders, including Australia's Prime Minister, Julia Gillard, to meet in a summit in the South Korean capital of Seoul on Monday to discuss nuclear disarmament. North Korea's abrupt announcement last week of its missile test is expected to dominate discussion.

Read more: www.smh.com.au...

Read more: www.smh.com.au...
It was at this meeting that Australia asked the U.S. to protect Australia just in case. A prudent thing to do.
Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Have a star for that, and thanks.

Yes I agree North Korea is definately a threat and we need to be united if we are going to have any hope.

Take care.

CK

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

the elite would win

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
the USA is already made in china, all the rich us there labor, we just buy there toys. americans are nuts our government would be fighting its own people. when power stations& stores shut down .there would have to be marshal law, our country USA is angry dont trust any of our government.... a war with china in our home land would mean i could stay home & do more fishing&hunting..war over there in china ill have to watch more war games& pay more taxs

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
As many have said before me in such a war their will be No winners only degrees of losing probably to the point where mankind loses Period.

Remember what Einstein said

"i don't know what weapons world war 3 will be fought with, but world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones"

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
My money is on china. Thief navy is larger, and their leader isnt afraid of damaging the environment as a result of dropping bombs. They also wouldn't cower the the anti war left, because there is no such group in china. Face it, with this current administration, and good for nothing generation of burned out hippies, America will never win a war again.

Thief navy is larger

i believe you are mistaken. i posted this on page three. if you click the country flag, it with break down total strength, manpower, air, land, sea, and also economic, oil and geographic that would come into play. it also gives the date of last count

but i do agree with the statement that they stole most of their technology.

Total Navy Ship Strength by Country
edit on 18-7-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The one problem with China and many other nations is that they're armys have no real life fighting experience. So without any hardened combat soldiers it's hard to know if your army is even an effective fighting force. The US has that key advantage as they have seasoned soldiers.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Nobody would win in a war between China and the U.S. We would decimate one another and half the world while we were at it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Thank you for reassuring me, I needed that! I will forever have faith in our troops!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Whoever has a super secure underground bunker wins. Then about a year later those elite f-ers can fight each other. And finally after that, the roaches will be free to evolve and begin earths new golden age.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BreeAnna00

Thank you for reassuring me, I needed that! I will forever have faith in our troops!

I am glad I could make you feel safe. But it is our ALL VOLUNTEER MILITARY that does that...and they are VERY, VERY good at what they do. Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
i think if the world war began between china and usa then i am sure china will win.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by r2d246

How did they find that many women of all the same height?

A billion Chinese, half of which are female?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Or, boot heels of various heights!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Just been thinking about when China attached unified Vietnam, the Chinese had a really bad kicking from the Vietnamese army, So perhaps the 'Nam army could be asked to help America?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

China against US? I would back the US 9 times out of 10. They have a huge amount of hardware and the naval strength to transport enough fighter jets to flatten China plus they already have a China surrounded with forces.

The US would incur some serious casualties which I don't think it would be able to replace any time soon and will cost it its top dog status.

If you were saying Russia against the US I would have to back Russia. They have the mentality and physical build to out match and out pace the Yanks. It would leave to heavy casualties on both sides but I would still back Russia which would then propel China to the top spot.

If the USA fights either of them it will cost them dearly and lead to one of them jumping ahead.

If you compare the US and EU against Russia and China I would not be sure of either side. It'd have to be 50/50. Russian war machine driving over Europe with the EU pounding away at Russia and then China and the US duking it out in Asia. It would be interesting to say the least.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
The one problem with China and many other nations is that they're armys have no real life fighting experience. So without any hardened combat soldiers it's hard to know if your army is even an effective fighting force. The US has that key advantage as they have seasoned soldiers.

Wrong. Chinese troops are the most frequently serving 'humanitarian' forces in the UN and Africa. They are getting battle experience from helping keep their allies in power in Africa.

The Chinese are quickly rising into a global power from their current status as regional power and it won't be long until they surpass the Yanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join