It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tim Pawlenty Rises as VP Front Runner!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

If he goes with Pawlenty that means he'd be throwing Florida and the election away.
He has to go with either Rubio or Christy to even have a smidgen of a chance.

Gov. Chris Christie is the better choice.

I like when he blasts the MSM.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I'm in Florida, and I've only heard about Christie on ATS. Even when I mention him to my supposedly well-informed Republican buddies, they ask me who he is.

I'm sure the same can be said for Rubio in many parts of the country, but Romney MUST have Florida to have any chance, and Christie won't give him that.

link   
This is about as exciting as watching dirt grow. Even the excessive exclamation points didn't make it any more exciting.

link   
The title of this OP !!!!!! and its irony made me LOL.

As a Real Republican, who cares about Robamney. Wake me up when he's killed.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

While I can certainly see your angle on how to take back Congress.. it doesn't jive with mine..

The overhaul/change needs to be on both sides of the aisle...

I want to see that happen, I welcome diversity on the issues, what has been missing, is Honesty.. and responsibility..

I do still believe that responsible elected folks, can debate, promote, concede and come to an answer that is good for the country, and not special interests...

One sided politics is an environment to cater to those interests.

I have had enough, and I am not alone.. well hopefully not alone..

We are sitting on a $16 Trillion Debt Bomb.

We don't have time to wheel & deal. Just drive through the necessary changes like

a 18 wheeler going 90 MPH !

- ObamaCare..........- repealed -...GONE

- Dodd / Frank.........- repealed -...GONE

- Social Security retirement age ..............raised to 67 just like Canada.

- Drill - Baby - Drill ................Get gas down to $2 a gallon.

- Tax Repatriation Holiday for Fortune 500 Corporations......Bring $$$ Billions Back to USA

- Extend the Bush Tax Cuts.................We don't want to slip back into a recession.

Sound like a good start? That all happens the first 7 days of President Romneys

presidency.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I'm in Florida, and I've only heard about Christie on ATS. Even when I mention him to my supposedly well-informed Republican buddies, they ask me who he is.

I'm sure the same can be said for Rubio in many parts of the country, but Romney MUST have Florida to have any chance, and Christie won't give him that.

That's a good point.

I guess we will know more the last week of August.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Around here (the Philly area) we get Christie on the news a lot. When hurricanes come in, the flat out tells the people who refuse to get off the beaches that they are idiots and that he isn't going to risk first responder lives in a full blown hurricane to help idiots not kill themselves on Jersey beaches.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Every single fool on this thread has fallen for the left/right dem/rep TV fake politician circus. Keep tuning in, if you are that gulliple and sheepleish.

WE DON'T NEED YOU!

Bored and moving on.....

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Around here (the Philly area) we get Christie on the news a lot. When hurricanes come in, the flat out tells the people who refuse to get off the beaches that they are idiots and that he isn't going to risk first responder lives in a full blown hurricane to help idiots not kill themselves on Jersey beaches.

Gov. Chris Christie also does well against the unions.

He's one of our best.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I believe that all this Pawlentry talk is just that.

I say Romney picks Jindal.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Should he do polling on all of them and then just pick the strongest one?

Some of the candidates just don't have the right stuff.

I think Pawlenty is a rotten choice.

---------
Maybe Romney should pick the one that the liberals - hate - the most?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

After all the flak about Obama's Muslim upbringing, you think they'll pick a Hindu converted to Christianity? After all the flak over Obamas birth and upbringing, you think they'll pick a first generation immigrant?

Again, if they pick Jindal, it means they are conceding this election and saving their best horses for 2016.

If they pick Rubio, or Rice, or some outsider surprise, then they are in it to win it. If they pick Pawlenty or Jindal, then they are in it to purposefully lose. If they pick someone safe and boring, then they will lose, but it won't be on purpose it will just be strategic error.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I think Romney picks Rob Portman or Kelly Ayotte.

I think I'm actually leaning more towards Ayotte.

She is a women - check
She is extremely pro life - check
She is extremely anti-immigration - check
She is a Tea Partier - check
She is a relatively unknown to give the press something to focus on as a distraction - check

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

After all the flak about Obama's Muslim upbringing, you think they'll pick a Hindu converted to Christianity? After all the flak over Obamas birth and upbringing, you think they'll pick a first generation immigrant?

Again, if they pick Jindal, it means they are conceding this election and saving their best horses for 2016.

If they pick Rubio, or Rice, or some outsider surprise, then they are in it to win it. If they pick Pawlenty or Jindal, then they are in it to purposefully lose. If they pick someone safe and boring, then they will lose, but it won't be on purpose it will just be strategic error.

Don't lose sight of the big picture.

This election in November 2012 will be a referendum on Obama.

When people walk into the voting booth, they won't necessarily be voting for

Mitt Romney. They will be voting against Obama and his economic malaise.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

We are sitting on a $16 Trillion Debt Bomb.

Created by the status quo..

replaced with what? the old way wasn't working, is he going to address Tort reform and the influence of Big Pharma and the Insurance companies? Making Obamacare go away doesn't solve the real problems..

If that is the one that allowed the Super Pac bs I am all for it... Strong contribution limits should apply to both citizen and special interest group.. If 2K is the max for John Q, it's the max for GE or any other player..

Totally disagree with changing the retirement age to try and balance budgets.. if they stopped robbing the kitty, the money would be there.. the fault is Congress. Stop spending more than your income, and by all means stop robbing funds that were once said to be untouchable.

Agree we need to stop hoarding our own reserves like a blanket.. start producing, start employing US citizens, become more self sufficient as a nation.. ( might not hit home with those who worship $$ though)

- Tax Repatriation Holiday for Fortune 500 Corporations......Bring $$$ Billions Back to USA

How about reintroducing import export taxes and tariffs to equalize the playing field for those in the US who wish to employ folks and produce goods.. The US used to protect their interests.. This whole global trade BS has caused the unfair conditions that businesses moved production elsewhere.. Are they looking out for the citizens of the US, or maximizing profits for the greedy? You tell me.

- Extend the Bush Tax Cuts.................We don't want to slip back into a recession.

We are and have been in a recession, the Bush tax cuts are just an "in your face" way to drive the left right wedge firmly into the mainstream so folks don't pay attention.. If Congress did their job with the enormous amount of revenue they receive, and budget it responsibly, there would be no issue.

Sound like a good start?

Sounds like the same old tired rhetoric... I am beyond it.. I hope most of the folks are on the same trail..

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

We don't have time to wheel & deal. Just drive through the necessary changes like

presidency.

assuming he actually follows through with those promises

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909

presidency.

If President Mitt Romney accomplishes the above - To Do - list, will America be well

on her way to a full recovery?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909

presidency.

If President Mitt Romney accomplishes the above - To Do - list, will America be well

on her way to a full recovery?

I think you put it better than I have and better than most others have managed. It's not "The Economy Stupid", is it? It's "The Math Stupid". The Economy was a point 20 years ago...when this could still have been stopped. Now, as you note, 16 trillion doesn't leave room for debate or argument or negotiation. It just sits there as patient as as anything could be, just waiting for interest rates to rise and the compound effect to become noticeable.

By the time we notice it, I think you'll agree, it'll be time to grab a chair and watch, not prepare. It's beyond that point then.

Indeed... We do as you suggest and a few things on top of that, not because it's a good idea or because we have great alternatives but because our Nation collapses like Argentina or Zimbabwe for the same reasons and by the same mechanisms if we don't. Great Post!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

It looks like you were paying attention to all of them.

------------
1- The $16 trillion debt was only $11 trillion back in January 2009.
Obama added $ 5 trillion in only 4 years !!!
While in office Obama failed to address the Big 3. MediCare - MediCaid - Social Sec.
----------
2-Yes, Repeal ObamaCare in the first 7 days...........Replace .....later.
Replacement includes tort reform and allows purchasing over state lines.
----------
3- Dodd / Frank is also known as FinReg. It just forced jobs overseas.
It also gave birth to the CFPB which is funded by the Federal Reserve.
----------
4- Canada and Germany have already raised their retirement ages to 67.
Mainly because of the truth. - Due to medical technology people are living longer.
----------
5- Drill - baby - Drill will lower the price of gas and put more disposable income
in the pockets of everyone. Consumer spending is 2/3s of the economy.
-----------
6- Bush Tax Cuts - both the democrats and the republicans on the Sunday TV Shows
say that raising taxes right now will just throw the US economy back into a recession.
- Move away from the Fiscal Cliff -

I think i got them all.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Don't lose sight of the big picture.

This election in November 2012 will be a referendum on Obama.

When people walk into the voting booth, they won't necessarily be voting for

Mitt Romney. They will be voting against Obama and his economic malaise.

I think that is a mistake. We are not supposed to be voting "against" people, we are supposed to be voting for the person we think would make the best president.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join