It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation On West Coast of North America Could End Up Being 10 Times HIGHER than in Japan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Washington's Blog
Via, Bla ckListedNews.Com

In 10 Years, Peak Cesium Levels Off West Coast Could Be 10 Times Higher Than at Coast of Japan
We’ve extensively documented the fact that ocean currents bring Japanese radiation to the West Coast of North America, and that – rather than adequate ocean dilution - there could be “pockets” and “streams” of highly-concentrated radiation.

Joke F Lübbecke of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory and 3 scientists from the GEOMAR Research Center for Marine Geosciences poured tracer dye into coastal waters off of Fukushima, and monitored its progress as it traveled to the West Coast of North America, to find out what might really happen.

And here from the actual research document,
Model simulations on the long-term dispersal of 137Cs released into the Pacific Ocean off Fukushima

And the graph from the website.. Also there is a video on the website too if you want to watch it. Its not on Youtube so I can't embed it,

This is scary! I'm sure the levels are low enough that most people will be 'soft-killed' over years and years of radiation absorbtion.. the other scary thing is the amount of food (fish and produce) that comes from this area of the U.S....

Thoughts?!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if this were the case.

One of the many reasons that my wife and I are packing up and heading out of LA, back to Chicago in a few short months.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Well it has been raining here on the west coast where we live, and each time it rains we feel ill when we go out. We have water bottles floating ashore that are in Japanese now.

I don't know if it is related by our skin is darkened in a color we have never had before and we have trouble with eye pain. I think it is worse then we are told, but some of the effects could be from solar flares I guess wish I knew.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Lets not let this happen again NUKE-OUT.
www.abc.net.au...
www.businessinsider.com...
A nightmare just waiting to happen. look at the List.
List of nuclear reactors.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909

One of the many reasons that my wife and I are packing up and heading out of LA, back to Chicago in a few short months.

watch out in chicago, the news says there have been lots of murders.

be careful ok and don't take any chances like foolish people do in horror movies ok?

peace.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
We will be heading to Costa Rica in October to finalize the paperwork to move our business there. Luckily Costa Rica wants us so the process while slow has been pretty easy. The Government is even paying for our attorney down there.

It was always in my plan to move down there, someday. Fukushima pushed me to doing it sooner than I thought I would. That and the fact the USA is soon going to be one big scary poo repository. I knew that 20 years ago though. It all started with computers being able to talk to each other via modems.............

Back to Fukushima, This is going to kill millions, sadly by the time it does there will be no memory of why. Fukushima has not been in the news for so long it is crazy.

I used to think us a Nation of Sheep, Now I think us a Nation of Ostrich. We bury our heads in the sand when we hear things we don't want to hear. A sheep does not even hear, he just follows. Given a good Shepard, sheep will be ok. An ostrich with his head buried in the sand will be ass up when he gets hit by a truck he knew was coming..... Fukushima is that truck.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Yeah Chicago is crazy now.
Also I live on the west coast and I feel just fine, felt a bit tired and worn out but that was just allergy's.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Here's a Radiation Map that is updated in real time. Those who claim radiation on the West Coast is high and they feel its effects are delusional. Radiation is higher on the East Coast.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Wow, how can both the east and west coast have higher readings now than Fukushima, according to the map you cited? Japan had 10's and 12's, whereas the US coasts are way higher readings? Anything under 100 is okay it seems, but still, how can the Fukushima area be less right now?

edit on 17-7-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

Originally posted by bacci0909

watch out in chicago, the news says there have been lots of murders.

be careful ok and don't take any chances like foolish people do in horror movies ok?

peace.

While it's sad that the slums are getting out of control, these murders are largely concentrated within the areas that were already considered very bad. Don't let the MSM succeed in striking too much fear, and don't imagine that murders are just rampant across the entire metropolis. They are happening in areas that I would never have gone into regardless of recent events. Plus, I'll be in a near-west suburb, about 20 minutes from the city. I do appreciate the concern though, and yes, it's tragic what's happening in Chicago's poor areas.

In the end, I'd rather take the risk of having to depend on my own street smart than just be a clueless sitting duck, breathing in this toxic $%** day in and day out.

Good riddance LALA land and all it's name-dropping trust-fund babies.. it's been anything but real!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

it's not coming from japan
stop believing the psyops people

it's coming from leaky local reactors and long hidden dumps
when it's not being being dumped from chemtrail 2.0 planes

Japan's Radiation Scare Hugely Overblown by Western Media

Here is a link to a Tokyo radiation monitoring site located in the Shinjuku area. Note that the highest reading occurred briefly on March 15, but quickly returned to near- normal levels for every day since. This chart covers up to March 19, but you can access the latest chart by visiting the link.

monitoring.tokyo-eiken.go.jp...

except for the brief spike rad levels are within the norm

pics and graphs that sums it all up: Fukushima: Did the Dimona Dozen Murder the Fukushima 50? Fukushima may in fact have been caused by an act of war under the cover of an environmental disaster

Overcoming the Japan Radiation Propaganda 'Tsunami' Is An Uphill Battle

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by Nspekta

Well it has been raining here on the west coast where we live, and each time it rains we feel ill when we go out. We have water bottles floating ashore that are in Japanese now.

I don't know if it is related by our skin is darkened in a color we have never had before and we have trouble with eye pain. I think it is worse then we are told, but some of the effects could be from solar flares I guess wish I knew.

I'm on the west coast of Canada and can't say as I've noticed any ill effects after its rained and we get a lot of rain here on the "wet coast".

It's been mostly sunny the past few weeks and that has darkened my skin.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Only time will tell how many people will develop cancer over here in Oregon as a direct result of the radiation, but I think it would be naive to say it will be none.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This is karmic contribution for supporting Al qaeda waging mass murder in Syria .

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
That it the wonderful thing about radiation, it has the power of invisibility and in small amounts kills quite slowly.

I also think that the effects people think they feel when it rains is all in their heads. Some are just psycho.
I feel like we all got a nifty dose and continue to get a nifty dose. The radiation has been measured in Seafood on the West Coast and not just Blue Fin Tuna.

The more you take in the more likely it is to give you all kinds of nifty cancers. Personally I don't want to live in a place under constant exposure. The people that say it is having no effect are either Ostriches or Power industry folks.
edit on 17-7-2012 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by Nspekta

I'm on the west coast of Canada and can't say as I've noticed any ill effects after its rained and we get a lot of rain here on the "wet coast".

It's been mostly sunny the past few weeks and that has darkened my skin.

Congrats on the SUNNY!!! Hope some comes our way sometime soon! I haven't been in the sun since last year about August/Sept. When the weather reports sunny, the extra heat inland brings in the fog.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
dont worry, what the ocean doesn't bring us directly, the jet stream will, every time it rains. we are all already being soft killed and have been since march 2011 so this is really just the icing on the radiation cake.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
That it the wonderful thing about radiation, it has the power of invisibility and in small amounts kills quite slowly.

I also think that the effects people think they feel when it rains is all in their heads. Some are just psycho.
I feel like we all got a nifty dose and continue to get a nifty dose. The radiation has been measured in Seafood on the West Coast and not just Blue Fin Tuna.

The more you take in the more likely it is to give you all kinds of nifty cancers. Personally I don't want to live in a place under constant exposure. The people that say it is having no effect are either Ostriches or Power industry folks.
edit on 17-7-2012 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

I like that, the ones thinking they are being effected are "PSYCHO" the ones thinking no effect are "OSTRICHES".

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I live on East Coast in New England ...I have a very good geiger counter and all my readings are normal.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

No, I said the ones that think every time it rains they feel bad due to the radiation are psycho. If you felt bad from radiation in rain you would not feel bad just when it rains. That is not the way radiation poisoning works. You would get sicker by the day if exposed to enough to make you feel it right away. This is a super slow killer.

The ones that ignore Fukushima, don't remember it's name or worse yet ask "Whats that?" when you mention it only a year later. Those are the ostriches, they heard about it on mainstream news, they forgot about it when the news moved on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join