It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a SINGLE Republican votes for transparency

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

The only thing is...it's so widespread that it's the democrats too. The current guy in the President's chair was "Mr. Transparency" and then look at the gift of guns to Mexico, and the coverup.

It is a false "one side versus another." One side blames the other, to take the blame off of the fact that it's BOTH of them. The corruption is so systemic.

People can be tempted to think "the democrats are on my side; just look how they voted." No they aren't. They could of voted that way just to keep you "hopin' " that things will "change."

Tired of all this damn circus activity. The blame of one versus another. They're all stinking the same. The only guy I might trust is Ron Paul, IF and ONLY IF he were elected and thus not controlled opposition AND he didn't die, AND he accomplished banishing the Fed and corruption, a monumental task, for sure!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by KireDj

Originally posted by kozmo

Originally posted by buster2010
When your being bought off by foreigners and criminals the last thing you want is transparency. And they cry about Obama hiding info.

How ironic... considering that Obama is fundraising over-seas... which is ILLEGAL!

And how about all of the transparency Obama promised? We STILL haven't seen a single recond from this man's past. Hypocrite much, or only in the forums??? Now THAT is irony!!!

When is Willard going to release previous tax returns? I suppose you still don't believe President Obama was born in Hawaii
Also, Romney will be fundraising on his trip to Israel.

edit on 17-7-2012 by KireDj because: Something to add

What law states he needs to release them? They were scrutinized by the IRS and he has done nothing wrong. Democrats want to shift the focus from their failed economy to his tax returns. So far you have fallen for the bait.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
That means something completely different to "not a single Republican vote"... it means they came within one vote of doing it as the supreme court advised.

No, the thread's title is correct:

The ability to follow the money has never been this important since the bagman days of the Watergate scandal. But when the Democratic Senate majority made a fresh attempt to enact a disclosure bill on Monday, the measure was immediately filibustered to death by Republicans, like other versions.

Still, the vote was a chance for the public to see who stands for and against such basic transparency in political spending. The answer: not one Republican showed the courage to break ranks and speak up for disclosure.

And the graph you posted is about a completely different vote.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

The answer: not one Republican showed the courage to break ranks and speak up for disclosure.
That doesn't say anything about voting. It says they didn't have the courage to "break ranks and speak up"... that is an entirely different thing. Find me the actual vote report from the house and we can look at the actual numbers instead of relying on deceptive word play.

And the graph you posted is about a completely different vote.
Obviously Sherlock.
edit on 18/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Ok, since no one else seems to be looking, I found an article that actually states the facts clearly, and links to a report which lists all the votes from each party member. Yes, it turns out not a single Republican voted to proceed with the debate on the Act. However, the article also mentions the Act is “a cynical ploy masquerading as reform” because it favours and ignores some certain special interest groups which would be allowed to fly under the radar of regulation, which could perhaps explain the Republican attitude towards this bill. However, really I think it comes down to the fact that the Republicans don't want to expose the true big spenders backing Romney because they want to maximise his chances of winning the election. Both parties are extremely corrupt imo, there's always some sort of agenda behind the way they vote. And obviously there was a clear agenda here because all their votes, on both sides, were perfectly aligned to the corresponding agendas. In reality there's much more going on here than meets the eye. As I demonstrated with the chart I posted on the previous page, both parties are shown to hinder transparency and justice when it benefits their agendas, and the other party can look like they are all for openness and transparency when it benefits their agenda.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

Hypocrisy at it's finest folks.
This is why I'll never become a Republican.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
What your headline says -

Not a SINGLE Republican votes for transparency

What the actual news article says -

Two years ago, Congress came within a single Republican vote ...

BIG DIFFERENCE.

That being said .... I have to notes to this thread ...

1 - The article is from the left wing New York Times. Something to keep in mind. It's like the far left shill machine MSNBC, except it's in paper print instead of on TV.

2 - Democrat or Republican .. none of them want transparency. Not Romney. Not Obama.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Hypocrisy at it's finest folks. This is why I'll never become a Republican.

And the democrats are better? Please tell me you are a registered independent ... otherwise if you are claiming that the democrats aren't hypocrites then you yourself are a hypocrite!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Not surprising right now the Republicans have an advantage with the secret undisclosed money. It would be nice to say if the situation were reversed the Democrats wouldn't be doing the same thing. But that would be a lie they would be doing it too. That doesn't change that this bill needs to be passed however, and if the Republicans have issues with certain portions of it then they need to offer amendments instead of taking the ball and going home. But that won't happen because it would be another thing the President could use as a positive in his campaign.

This is a real issue in our political system and while far from a complete fix it is a step in the right direction. It is time for Congress to play grown up and address it. If they won't it is time for the voters to play grown up put gay marriage and abortion on the back burner and vote those that will deal with this in.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

What the actual news article says
Well that's not quite true. I actually I made the same mistake, I confused the recent vote with the vote from 2 years ago. As I mentioned above, there was a recent vote which took place, and none of the republicans voted yes. So the title is true... however you are right, neither party are champions of transparency, as the facts clearly show (like my graph on the first page). They only pretend to like transparency when it suites their agenda.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
All of this is nothing but hypocrisy.

And it's NOT Republican hypocrisy.

They never made a promise to be transparent. OBAMA DID.

So Stop pulling the left right paradigm.

Most of us aren't buying.

This is why I hate politics. Blame blame blame 'till your daddy takes the tbird away.

Oh wait, can't get a tbird because the government keeps on spending money it doesn't have.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Lewis Black said it best -

"Whats the difference between a Democrat and a Republican?

A Democrat Sucks, a Republican Blows".

-Lewis Black

top topics

<< 1   >>

join