It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

let me tell you something about the law. It's meant to be challenged.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
i grab the quote from footloose movie that quote "let me tell you something about the law. It's meant to be challenged." i agreed with that.

look at the history there are many stupid laws that can be challenged and change the law. we the people have a power to challenged the stupid laws. look at black out media in mexico. i wish americians are like them. we need to stand up. americians need to wake up.
edit on 17-7-2012 by DeafRaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It is not only our right.

But our Duty to stand up against Laws that we don't Believe in.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
It is not only our right.

But our Duty to stand up against Laws that we don't Believe in.

That used to be true. Sadly, it is not anymore.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

we need to make it true once again!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

Tell that to the people who where beaten, fire housed, and locked up on false charges to during the Civil Rights Movement...

Its not that its no longer true, what is true is America has raised a generation of happy content sheep to afraid of venturing out into danger least they get sheared..

Losing the battle before its even begun.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Well I was looking at some of that freeman stuff and came accross this site. It tells you about jurisdiction and it says that you should challenge it every time you go to court. This is for Americans I believe. As our queen gives them jurisdiction over us. But in the USA its another matter. Its worth a read if you follow the link.
www.freedom-school.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Its about Consent.WE give it, Even tacitly, without realizing it. Here is an example of tacitly consenting.
How many times have you had to phone,the hydro company, the bank,unemployment,cable company,etc any of these legal businesses, everybody it seems. And what is the first thing you hear when you finally get thru the crap,quote"For Quality assurance and training purposes you may be monitored or recorded"
AS soon as you continue,You Tacitly Consent to being recorded,documented for whatever you may say. To be used against you in a court of law if necessary.
I have disputed it numerous of times,and get the same answer. They don't know how to turn the recorders off.
NOW when I begin a phone conversation of this nature, I say "Under Protest and Duress, I object to my voice being recorded" I do not tacitly consent whatsoever.
If you leave a message you tacitly Consent.They hope for that, almost all LEGAL agency's. BIg CORP Business.We all know the type! They luv it. Your documented.
Union Locals are doing it now a days,in case you freak out over the phone on your union rep.
Everybody!!! WHY??
ASK yourself, What is Legal? WHAT is Lawful? (Are they the Same? NO!)
Bylaws,what is a bylaw?,really.
How Many times has a cop said to you," DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"
You reply. "Yes"
You have just Consented to STAND UNDER his Authority by replying Yes.
He'll ask you for ID to see If your part of the LEGAL system.
Show him your ID and you have tacitly Consented to being an Employee of the Legal System,which includes Acts and Statutes to which you are bound.YOU have all the Credentials of a Employee of the State/legal System.
SIN card Check (Social Insurance Number. What is that?, Must be important.I guess I'm socially insurable)
Birth Certificate Check ( I can't prove that! The Big GUY CAN)
Drivers License Check( if you drove a horse would yah need a license)
Property Tax Check(whose land is it?)
Income Tax Check (whose money is it?)
Vaccination Check (whose body is it?)
Take it up the ASS Some More Check
RFID check
I am a Carbon life form I'll have you know.
Oops forgot One CARBON tax Check
Yep Yah fit the Bill.
Your Greatest Weapon is your Consent.
How many laws have you actually broken in your lifetime?
How many legalities?
Why do you need to hire a Lawyer to interpret the law,when all he does is interpret legalities you consented to?
Do they swear on a bible? Whose Law Is that? Under whose authority are they pledging this oath?
Does that not make that, the absolute authority! Does this authority have legalities attached?
What is that language the courts, they seem to speak, we don't understand?
LEGALIZE aKa Tacitly Consented Bull# for employees of corporations.
And that's You And Me.
All of us Strawmen! Fictional Legal Entities.
I really hope I don't need a passport to get Heaven!
I better start putting a down payment on my future SIN.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Any fool can make a rule, and every fool will mind it.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeafRaz
"let me tell you something about the law. It's meant to be challenged." i agreed with that.

Some of the greatest men and women who ever lived agree with it, too.

Laws and justice, who shall decide what they are and who will enforce them... This question has dogged mankind for thousands of years. It is one of major reasons that the united states was setup as a Republic. The founding father understood that rights must come first and laws should come second, and only to protect those rights and nothing more.

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws. – Plato

Every actual State is corrupt. Good men must not obey the laws too well. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law. -Henry David Thoreau

When a legislature undertakes to proscribe the exercise of a citizen's constitutional rights it acts lawlessly and the citizen can take matters into his own hands and proceed on the basis that such a law is no law at all. – Justice William O. Douglas

There comes a time when a moral man can't obey a law which his conscience tells him is unjust. – Martin Luther King, Jr.

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood, if they be repealed or revised before they are promulgated, or undergo such incessant changes that no man, who knows what the law is today, can guess what it will be like tomorrow. – James Madison

I know of no method to secure the repeal of bad or obnoxious laws so effective as their stringent execution. – Ulysses S. Grant

The right to defy an unconstitutional statute is basic in our scheme. Even when an ordinance requires a permit to make a speech, to deliver a sermon, to picket, to parade, or to assemble, it need not be honored when it's invalid on its face. – Potter Stewart (1915-1985), U.S. Supreme Court Justice, Walker v. Birmingham, 1967

See if the law takes from some persons what belongs to them, and gives it to other persons to whom it does not belong. See if the law benefits one citizen at the expense of another by doing what the citizen himself cannot do without committing a crime. Then abolish this law without delay, for it is not only an evil itself, but also it is a fertile source for further evils because it invites reprisals. – Frédéric Bastiat

If the jury feels the law is unjust, we recognize the undisputed power of the jury to acquit, even if its verdict is contrary to the law as given by a judge, and contrary to the evidence … and the courts must abide by that decision. – US v Moylan, 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, 1969, 417 F.2d at 1006

The jury has the right to judge both the law as well as the fact in controversy. – John Jay, first U. S. Supreme Court Chief Justice

The pages of history shine on instances of the jury's exercise of its prerogative to disregard instructions of the judge. – U.S. vs. Dougherty, 1972

An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law. – Martin Luther King Jr.

The limitation of tyrants is the endurance of those they oppose. – Frederick Douglass

Unnecessary laws are not good laws, but traps for money. – Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan, 1651

To make laws that man cannot, and will not obey, serves to bring all law into contempt. – Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Laws are like sausages. You sleep far better the less you know about how they are made. – Otto Von Bismark

A great many laws in a country, like many physicians, is a sign of malady. – Voltaire

There is no crueler tyranny that that which is perpetrated under the shield of law and in the name of justice. – Charles-Louis de Secondat 1748

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny. – Edmund Burke

Resistance to tyranny is service to God. – James Madison

The most basic question is not what is best, but who shall decide what is best. – Thomas Sowell
edit on 17-7-2012 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister1k
How Many times has a cop said to you," DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

Close but UNDERSTAND acording to Black's law dictionary means "to agree with" As in ..."It is with the understanding of both parties...."
So when someone says 'Do you understand.' they are trying to get you to AGREE.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Not to mention that legislation IS NOT LAW, its a kind of Pseudo Law! And yes challegned, ignored, do the opposite or what you've always done proudly. Write in in large numbers and fire them. Don't ever comply.

To comply with an illegal legislation, one that the constitution does no empower, and one that is against basic common laws of not harming is actually to be breaking the law, especially if its a police officer trying to enforce an illegal legislation. And ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

Never follow bad orders. Don't get liscences for garage sales, sign a round table pact with everyone that they will NOT do so and will come at a moments notice if an officer shows up or in court and all testify NO WAY. That is illegal unconstitutional and crap, never will we comply.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
the law is a joke...unfortunately you have to be a millionaire to challange it. life sucks.

new topics

top topics

join