It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

I do not understand why you have this card so annoying. Some sort of phobia? No you climb in second Life does not make. Card will only genuine scholars who greatly interested in Atlantis. And the rest of it is simply not needed.
Sorry for bad English.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
There are many theories as to what happened to Atlantis. Some say it was destroyed, while others say that it descended into the ocean depths. I personally feel that it was a combination of both. But let's first mention that Atlantis was not the only civilization of high technology. There was also Telos, Lemuria and a tone of others. All these great civilizations are rumored of going into hiding, due to natural devastation, war and the greedy mentality from people of the lower level civilizations. It's possible that they all have connection to each other. A natural devastation could have occurred in Atlantis. The city was probably repaired and it's inhabitants probably improved. This type of occurrence has happened in life as we know today. Very normal if you ask me. It's real reason of disappearance probably has to do with the changing views of society on the ground level. If you look at life today, most societies have their government built on religious faith. And if you look at religious history, it's not a pretty story. Wars were fought over religious belief and are still being fought today. Atlantis on the other hand, most likely built their society on scientific knowledge and probably continued to improve in that area. This probably bothered many of the new and existing civilizations that were brought up on religious faith and probably sparked major conflict. In result, the inhabitants of Atlantis moved underwater or underground to save their society from future corruption from lower-level civilizations.

If this is true, I feel the Atlantans made a very good decision. Look at the negative things that are destroying are society today. Disease, government corruption, wars, information cover-ups and etc. If you knew a problem such as this was spreading like a plague, would you want to be anywhere near it? NO. So your take your city and move it some where safe.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Martian1127
But let's first mention that Atlantis was not the only civilization of high technology. There was also Telos, Lemuria and a tone of others.

I confess I never heard of Telos. Can you give me a link to more information?
Thank you.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join