It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true story behind the bible

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
This will be my first thread, so try to go easy on me if everything isn't in the neatest of orders. I am just doing this on the spur of the moment and haven't really prepared this post beforehand, so I may seem to jump from thought to thought as I go along.

Ok, now to the point of how religion keeps us separated from god. Religion teaches us that in order to get to heaven, we must believe in god, and in order to reach heaven, you must first die and leave this universe.

This is a lie, and the fundamental way in how religion keeps us seperate from god. Heaven is described as the kingdom OF god, which means that god and his kingdom are not separate but the same. His kingdom is him and he is his kingdom.

No, it doesn't. Kingdom of God means that it is God's kingdom. He owns it. Sort of like how "Cheese Chimichanga of adjensen" would let you know that you need to keep your mitts off my chow.

Back to the point on heaven. We are in heaven now and the universe is gods kingdom. Heaven is described as perfect in every way, well so is our universe. Our universe is so huge and complex that it MUST be perfect in order to exist.

If we change any of the strong or weak forces even by the tiniest fraction of a percent, the universe would cease to exist. The universe is perfectly balanced to support life. I don't mean that to make it sound as though something created the universe in order for this to be possible, the universe is this way because of itself, so that it may survive.

What you have described is a universe which is fit for life, as we define it, not a perfect universe. There is a tree outside my door which has a terrible flaw that results in a lack of symmetry, I know several people who struggle with mental or physical issues, and no matter how much I try, I can't break par on most golf courses. How is this the "perfect universe"?

I would suggest that you take a look into the Platonic idea of "forms". Perfection, perhaps, lies within that, not within our physical universe.

We are all the angels within gods kingdom, in fact as far as we know we are gods greatest creation because we are the only ones that we know of as of right now that can comprehend how stuff works and the only ones that ponders its owner existence. We also have the greatest ability to do good in this world.

Lucifer is described as being gods greatest angel at one point, until he started to desire too much. That is the point where god threw him into the 'lake of fire' or hell, where he became its ruler.

That story is very similar to life on Earth.

Um... yeah. I'm just going to ignore the rest of this dreck.

Congratulations on being about the three millionth person to think that he's found some amazing new insights into the Bible after reading a few verses, some web sites and then watching "Zeitgeist". You haven't said anything I haven't already heard dozens of times, and it's all well and good for you to believe, but only the most vapid of people are going to think that you've uncovered some truth in your speculation.

You want truth? Start by NOT looking on YouTube.

Oh, I long for the days when philosophy was an actual discipline...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by Strainz
One son (sun), twelve apostles (planets), our solar system?

Last time I checked, there were only eight planets in the solar system (nine if you are one of the "pro-Pluto" people, lol.)

Yeah I was taught in school 9 planets, but they were challenging the meaning of a planet at some time. Is it just a coincidence that this is being shaped to fit the bible?
Are there actually 11 planets and Judah was evicted for his crime? Is Judah Pluto and is cold as ice for his betrayal?

"The new scheme would retain Pluto - previously threatened with ejection from the club"

edit on 18-7-2012 by Strainz because: Judas

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Strainz

The 12 planets idea is very intriguing, are there only 12 planets though? Could there be more or less?

The crucifixion and ressurection are metaphors for the winter solstice where the sun disappears for 3 days in the north then reappears or is 'ressurected' again. At least in my opinion.

Good post.

Depends on what meaning of a planet you use.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I like the story of the Tower of Babel. I think it represents the method of compartmentalization of our lives. The more we learn collectively, the less we know personally.

A cardiologist can't do knee surgery, and a car mechanic can't necessarily program a computer. Knowledge is dispersed on a need to know and ability to pay scale.

I think we used to be a telepathic race, and many of still are. But telepathy is frowned upon. We are taught not to have faith in ourselves, but in what we are told and taught. Knowing something through telepathy goes against the present day schools of thought and proof.

I remember being in 4th grade and doing math. I knew the answers and my paper was 100% correct, but I got an F, because I couldn't show the work. I had intuited the answers, and that doesn't cut it in this world. We need peer reviewed approval.

This is all that the religious folk really have, peer reviewed approval of the Bible being the "word of god."

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
definition of irony
placing your hand on a book of lies to tell the truth.

C'mon people. I was brought up a catholic and it didnt take long after a friend of mine died and a bunch of crap happened in my life that I realised that that holy moly man in the sky didnt exist. Its something else entirely. The truth behind the bible is that it was written by man to enslave man and basically anyone who believes in fairytales and insurance policies have really taken the bait. Munch munch munch. Hook line and sinker. Enjoy the eden. The endless fruit . Welcome to the suck.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Angry ? My my you assume to much Win. I'm not angry. I simply call 'em like I see em. If that's trolling then I guess you have to live with that too.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Strainz

The number 12 isn't assigned to the number of planets, but to the divisions of the sky, or Zodiac. Some disciplines use 13 divisions. This still applies to the metaphor of 12 disciples and Jesus being the number 13.

edit on 18-7-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Last time I checked, there were only eight planets in the solar system (nine if you are one of the "pro-Pluto" people, lol.)

Yeah I was taught in school 9 planets, but they were challenging the meaning of a planet at some time. Is it just a coincidence that this is being shaped to fit the bible?
Are there actually 11 planets and Judah was evicted for his crime? Is Judah Pluto and is cold as ice for his betrayal?

No, you're making a bit of a stretch there.

Eight planets. If you insist on 12, go with the Zodiac symbols thing, though that's as much of a stretch, I think. First Century Jews weren't much into astronomy.
edit on 18-7-2012 by adjensen because: oopsies

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Heaven is described as the kingdom OF god, of meaning being OF something, not separate. If it did not mean this then why isn't it described as Gods Kingdom instead of the Kingdom of God?

You are trying to apply what is on Earth to the whole universe which is ridiculous. The tree may not be symmetrical but it is still alive isn't it? We are alive aren't we? The universe is perfect because if it weren't we would not be here.

You are looking through a very narrow window and applying what you see to everything that is not visible through said window.

I did not just go to YouTube and watch a video and make my mind up from that one video. I went to many websites and read many peoples differing opinions and used that information in order to come to my own conclusion on the matter. Please don't assume to know how I came to my conclusion, that is very ignorant of you. We here on ATS deny ignorance, not practice it.

I didn't come across Zeitgeist until I made this conclusion, Zeitgeist just reaffirmed my position if anything, it didn't make my decision.

Like I said, do not assume how I came to this conclusion, it was a period if several months that I made these connections.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IndigoAquarius

I see this often and know many on here have never studied the scripture, therefore prejudice amd ignorance abound. Case in point, NOWHERE in scripture does it ever say, Lucifer and Satan are the same. EVER, never, everever, .......... If you think so. Prove it.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Eight planets. If you insist on 12, go with the Zodiac symbols thing, though that's as much of a stretch, I think. First Century Jews weren't much into astronomy.

So our definition of a planet changes.

Pluto was ejected.

There will be at least 12 planets in our solar system, and probably many more, if a new definition of the word "planet" is adopted. Next week the International Astronomical Union (IAU) will vote on a draft definition of what distinguishes a planet from lesser space rocks.

This is old news obviously. Mercury, Venus, Earth, Ceres, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Charon and 2003 UB313.

Again depending on your meaning of a planet. But I know its a bit of a stretch, a fun one none the less. Not the typical or popular aspect to take but doesn't that make it more exciting?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Also, I was born and raised a christian and went to church for 22 years of my life. I didn't just 'read a few verses' and go with that. The bible was an integral part of most of my life. Do not assume, it makes you look ignorant, especially if it turns out that you are wrong like you were here.
edit on 18-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Heaven is described as the kingdom OF god, of meaning being OF something, not separate. If it did not mean this then why isn't it described as Gods Kingdom instead of the Kingdom of God?

Go look at the original Koine Greek and tell me that it says "kingdom that consists of God", as opposed to the universally accepted interpretation of "kingdom that is God's". It would help if you explained why your translation surpasses that of the hundreds of actual scholars who preceded you.

You are trying to apply what is on Earth to the whole universe which is ridiculous. The tree may not be symmetrical but it is still alive isn't it? We are alive aren't we? The universe is perfect because if it weren't we would not be here.

You are looking through a very narrow window and applying what you see to everything that is not visible through said window.

Wow, that's a bit of gibberish. You claimed, in your original post, that the universe is perfect, but now you seem to be saying that a perfect universe consists of imperfect parts. How does that work?

I didn't come across Zeitgeist until I made this conclusion, Zeitgeist just reaffirmed my position if anything, it didn't make my decision.

Like I said, do not assume how I came to this conclusion, it was a period if several months that I made these connections.

Then I guess you came to it by a similarly invalid process as the Zeitgeist dorks, or maybe you're forgetting the order of it. After dealing with the imaginative sorts that gravitate to the D.M. Murdoch's fictionalized history of Christianity for many years, I've developed a low tolerance to it's utter nonsense, sorry.

An oldie, but goodie, lol

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

You could say the only imperfect thing in the universe is that with self-awareness.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Who's to say that the universe isn't gods kingdom even from the original text?

The perfect universe can be made up of imperfect parts just as a perfectly square, completed puzzle is made up of imperfectly shaped puzzle pieces. When all the pieces are put together, it makes the picture that was intended in the first place.

What happens on Earth does not affect the entire universe, what man turns Earth into is not the universes fault, it is the fault of man and his greed. The Earth can and will purge itself of this disease we call humans and start anew. It has happened many times throughout its history.
edit on 19-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Who's to say that the universe isn't gods kingdom even from the original text?

Still waiting for your evidence, Ace.

The perfect universe can be made up of imperfect parts just as a perfectly square, completed puzzle is made up of imperfectly shaped puzzle pieces.

Sorry, Ace, but a "perfect" puzzle cannot be made up of imperfect pieces. "Irregular" is not the same as "Imperfect". Check a dictionary.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Astrology was their science, and their are numerous references to astrology is the Bible.
The Exodus marked the procession of the equinox from Taurus the Bull to Aries the Ram. This is why Moses forbid the "calf" worship of Taurus and Jehovah preferred the Ram, or lamb. Jesus brought in the age of Pisces, with the sign of the fish and told to us to enter the house of Aquarius when we see the "water bearer."

‘Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you bearing a pitcher of water... follow him into the house where he entereth in.’. - Luke 22:10

The Magi followed a star that was transiting through the sign of Virgo, the Virgin, to meet the "King," who would later be called "Christ."

The name "Christ" means "annointed one". This is take from the Greek word "Christos". Some language historians trace the Greek language to the oldest Indo-European language, Sanskrit, which is 3,500 to 6,000 years old, perhaps older. By finding a Sanskrit equivilant, it is reasonable that we may be able to ascertain the probable origin of the word "Christ". The Greek "Christos" is almost identical in sound and spelling to the Sanskrit word "Krista", meaning all-attractive. Sometimes we meet a girl named Krista or Crystal.These are common American names.

The Sanskrit word "Krista" is a variation of the word KRISHNA, one of the countless and ancient names for God Almighty in that language. The name "Krishna" also means "all attractive". Who is the most attractive person? GOD, of course. Why is God a Person? It is written, "MAN IS MADE IN THE IMAGE OF GOD." If we are persons, then logically, as our creator, God is the Supreme Person. Why is God called "All-attractive"? Because He has everything in full.... including power, fame, renunciation, wealth, personal beauty, and intelligence. www.hknet.org.nz...

Pharaoh, kings and emperors all laid claim to being "god" or the perfection of god incarnate "Christ."

A little more on Christo, or Chi Rho.

As a pre-Christian symbol, the Chi-rho signified good fortune. The Chi ro became an important Christian symbol when adopted by the Roman Emperor Constantine, representing the first two letters in the name of Christ- the Chi, or ‘ch,’ and Rho, or ‘r.’ symboldictionary.net...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

So you're using someone elses opinion on the movie to counter my opinion? That makes perfect sense because everyone knows HIS opinion is the right one.

edit on 19-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Holy cats!

Do you mind if I bookmark this post for future use when I need to cite "conjecture without basis"? I think it will be a compelling argument, lol. There is zero non-exegesis evidence for astrology in the Bible.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

But those pieces are not square, yet when they are put together, they form a square picture.

If you are using what's happening on Earth as the end all be all on how the universe is then you have something to learn. Earth is NOTHING when compared to the universe as a whole.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join