It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true story behind the bible

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

im on your side , randy wont let you explain anything , just keeps going on and on. i was saying let people ask you questions and let you answer them !!!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Good to know I'm not alone, I was afraid all his hate was centered at me.

But yes, in a sense we are all gods because we are the universe experiencing itself and learning about itself.

It really is a beautiful thought and fills me with more joy and hope than christianity ever did. To know that I am with 'god' and am 'god' is very empowering, something religion never did for me.

We live such a beautiful existence don't we?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ELLIOTREED

Oh ok, it just confused me a bit. Good to know.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

The "hate" is aimed at the freedom and sense of self that comes with the freedom from religion and a deep knowing from within. That's part of the message of persecution of the Jesus "CHRIST" metaphor.

Even Buddha explained his battle with his greatest demon "illusion" or Maya. When Maya demanded Buddha to produce witnesses to attest to his fortitude, Earth herself spoke on his behalf.

If our perspective of God is true, many will have to admit to being under the spell of illusion. Very threatening indeed.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
One son (sun), twelve apostles (planets), our solar system?

If Jesus was the sun, who are the two others nailed on the cross, two other planets aligned in a an unusual way? When Jesus was dead for three days, was this perhaps an prolonged eclipse?

That aspect of research into the bible is quite intriguing.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Part of the problem is few people study where the Bible actually came from. Many assume it materialized out of thin air when it was assembled over thousands of years, wars were fought and tens of thousands put to death to maintain either secrets or legacy.

Start with the Phoenician culture, called Canaanites in the Old Testament. That is the origin of much of the Old testament and then spills across into the New testament. Many stories in the old testament are borrowed from Phoenician culture, from Captivity in Babylon, from Zoroastrian religions, from the Mystery religions, from ancient religions that died out or were actively stamped out as competition.
Many stories in the New testament and basis for beliefs are sourced from Egyptian beliefs which are sourced from earlier religious systems. The story of Nimrod and his Mother/Wife Semiramis is fascinating research and will shed much light on myths in the Bible and modern beliefs in the new testament. There is nothing new under the sun.

Its all there, but many are lazy to research and find the origin of their own religion.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Strainz

The 12 planets idea is very intriguing, are there only 12 planets though? Could there be more or less?

The crucifixion and ressurection are metaphors for the winter solstice where the sun disappears for 3 days in the north then reappears or is 'ressurected' again. At least in my opinion.

Good post.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

And yes, the story of Jesus CHRIST is a metaphor,

Prove it Win. Or you're not only a liar but a hypocrite as well.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Satan is said to be "The Accuser." Look in the mirror, my friend.

Prove that the Jesus "Christ" story isn't a metaphor. And using the Bible isn't proof.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Oh come on now, the bible is his only source. It seems a little unfair to leave him without a source to back up his claims.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

You made the claim, you back it up or it's just as I say. Not an accusation just an observation.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JackMack

That is the biggest problem with fundamentalists, they refuse to research it themselves and instead take what their pastors say and what the bible says as the only truth worth knowing.

I used to be a fundamentalist, then I actually researched the topic myself and came to the conclusion (my own) that it is all a lie.

It feels wonderful now that I no longer have a cruel and judgmental god watching my every move ready to send me to hell on a whim. I am free from the shackles religion placed me in and it feels great!

edit on 18-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I'll try it another way if you like.

Gee Mr.Windword I didn't know the story of Jesus Christ was just a metaphor ! Can you please show me how you came to that conclusion ?

How's that ?

Forgot my Q mark.

edit on 18-7-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm in agreement with the OP, and their interpretaion that the biblical Christ figure is a metaphor. You are the one denying the thesis, so, you prove your point.

By the way, Christ wasn't Jesus' last name, remember, we talked about this before. There were many that have come and gone, with claims to "Christhood."

Prove to us that Jesus isn't just another "Christ," made up by politicians and popes as "The Christ" to control the masses.

Prove to us that this Jesus even really said and did the things attributed to him in the Bible.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

You can't deflect the responsibility of your outrages claims on me Win. It just isn't going to work.

As I said.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strainz
One son (sun), twelve apostles (planets), our solar system?

Last time I checked, there were only eight planets in the solar system (nine if you are one of the "pro-Pluto" people, lol.)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

You can't deflect the responsibility of your outrages claims on me Win. It just isn't going to work.

As I said.

I have no responsibility to you, and I can deflect an angry troll any time I want.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
To continue the theme of the thread I will move along to the tower of babel. This is when man decided to try and build a tower high enough in order to reach heaven and god in his anger for the arrogance of man, destroyed the tower then spread those men across the Earth giving them different skin colors and different languages so that they would not be able to coordinate or communicate with one another to try the feat again.

The tower of babel could be attributed to two things. The first is that maybe someone did try to reach the heavens by building a tower, but back in those days they didn't have the technology we do today, so this tower was most likely made of wood nailed together.

If the wood tower theory is correct, then the higher you get into the air, the more turbulent the wind gets. If you have ever been on top of a very tall building you will know this. When they built this tower to a certain height they encountered these winds and these winds most likely blew the tower down and these early people, in their ignorance, attributed the wind knocking it down to 'god' being angry at what they did and knocked it down in order to teach them a lesson.

The other possibility is that maybe early humans didn't build a tower at all, but walked high up unto a mountain and came into contact with the blizzard like conditions and figured that if anything was built that high it would be knocked down by those same blizzard-like conditions.

The part that speaks about god then scattering them across the Earth and giving them different skin colors and different languages was probably added in after the fact so to address the question of why people were spread across the Earth and why they had different skin colors and languages.

Without that question being answered then the bible would not have had all the answers and people would have questioned its divinity.

Also, I guess god has completely overlooked our space program because we have reached heaven many times before and we will continue to do it in the future.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

There are other 'planets' further out than Pluto though, so it is still a possibility.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
good post i hadnt thought about it that way, ive never read the bible and ive never really been interested in reading most holy books
this explanation you give only really works with some religions maybe most religions i only know of buddhism and it doesnt really state in any part that you are inferior in fact its basicly all about becoming perfect in life so you can go to nirvana after instead of reincarnating
and it basicly tells you to seek out the truth and learn and all the while being a good person

thats what i read i know theres a ton of books on buddhism and im not a scholar on the subject or anything so yeah

as for islam i talked to the guy in charge of the mosque in my city
hes muslim from morocco because the king of morocco donated half the money for the mosque
and he said islam was the 3 stage in gods religion
judaism was the 1 stage
christianity the 2
and islam is the 3 and i guess the most perfect of them all
which is pretty cool but then i thought "maybe the mormons are the 4th stage!"

i kinda got off track e.e

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join