It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true story behind the bible

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'll take what 's in the Bible over what some basket weaver thinks up in his weird mind all day long. As people with good sense do. Dude !

I thought you were done with me. Empty threats and lies. Again no reason to refute lies.
edit on 18-7-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You are so ignorant, you say that if I prove what I say you will refute it. How do you refute something that I have proven?

It would help if you actually thought out your post before you type it down, that would save you from making a fool of yourself.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Have fun with that, being ignorant I mean.

Also, basket weaving takes a lot of skill, believing in the bible doesn't so thank you for that.

If you believe the bible then why don't you believe the Qu'ran? They are both the word of god you know.
edit on 18-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

It would help if you actually thought out your post before you type it down, that would save you from making a fool of yourself.

Obviously you worry about that more than I do.
I'm not here to make friends or impress anyone.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yes, because I don't like making a fool of myself. If you like to do that then why not go apply to be a party clown? I think that would fit you perfectly since you enjoy making yourself look like a fool.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Why are you here then? It's obviously not to deny ignorance because that is all you have been spewing in my thread since you got here. Why are you on ATS?

Also, I don't appreciate you completely derailing my thread like you have, it is very disrespectful and unbecoming of a 'true' christian.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Never said I was out to make a fool of myself. And if calling you out on your lies is all that makes me a fool?
Hey color me up partner ? It's better still then being called out as liar on my own thread that uses the Bible in some
half cocked bunch of bombastic concatenation of spiritual masturbation.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Back on topic.

If anyone would like to hear my views on anything in the bible, please ask and I will answer to the best of my ability. It may take me a while to reply back but I will do my best to make it a quick reply.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Keep telling yourself that you have proven me to be a liar, if that helps you sleep at night then more power to you.

This will be my last reply to you.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

This will be my last reply to you.

More lies ? Haven't you learned anything yet ? Don't say things you can't back up !

This thread doesn't even belong in the "conspiracies in religion " forum. It belongs in some, I made up my own religion with a pack of lies, forum.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ScatterBrain

I would love to have a discussion with someone who is not biased on the issue.

Ask me anything.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Mods, if there is any way to block randyvs from posting in this thread please do.

He is obviously going completely off topic on purpose and that is against the T&C of this site, thank you.

I wouldn't be against deleting his account entirely either.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by loveguy

I am not exactly sure to tell the truth, I was raised in a christian home and never had the chance to study the other holy books. My gut feeling is that yes, all religion stems from the same story, and that story has been twisted in order to benefit those who run religion, but like I said, I am not exactly sure.

Well, to be "sure" as you put, then you must study up on all religions as far back in history as you can go. Your research topics are:
Theology
Religions of the World
Bibles/Holy Books
Gods, Goddesses, Devils, Demons.
Mythical Deities.
Word Origins
Ancient Languages and Dialects
After this, and the study of Philosophy, Theosophy, and Psychology, you will be in a position to speak with authority on what you are saying. May I ask a few questions?
What is the oldest form of Worship, and to what is it directed?
The world's oldest carved symbol?
The earliest carved statuary of a Deity?
We can continue this conversation if you wish.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I cannot deny or accept what you've written, and I'll tell you why.

You have given your opinion on what god is, on what heaven is, and on what earth is. Tell me, with something supposedly so great, so powerful, and so wise as a god, how can there be any room for varied opinions? Why all of this confusion? How could such a being leave his position so open to different interpretations?

Shouldn't the word of god, the intention of god, and the idea of god be a total lock, etched in stone and never open for debate?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Like I said, I grew up a christian and only studied the bible.

This topic is about the bible and the bible alone. I have no authority on any religious texts including the bible. This is my opinion on what the bible is trying to say, I am not stating that it is fact by any stretch of the imagination.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You are under the impression that my god, the universe, has some kind of intent. It does not have intent other than the intent of its inhabitants.

I usually try to refrain from using the word 'god' when describing it, but for the sake of discussion I am using the term.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

he simply wanted people to ask him points and specific parts of the bible, which in my eyes is a riddle anyway, with him feeling he had the answers and total understanding of it !!! why you not fire away to see if he does????
Text

edit on 18-7-2012 by ELLIOTREED because: error

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ELLIOTREED

Are you talking about me? Because it says you replied to a comment made by me and used 'him' instead of 'you'.

If you are referring to me then I did not claim to have all the answers, I simply said that if anyone has any questions for me pertaining to the bible, I would try to answer them to the best of my ability, nothing more or less.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by randyvs

Apparently if hes not a christian, he can't be a heretic...

I see the association hes giving... but i also agree with you

More credit is due to "the man"... hes more then just a metaphor

Like I said, I grew up a christian and only studied the bible.

How about now AK ? Heretic ?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Shouldn't the word of god, the intention of god, and the idea of god be a total lock, etched in stone and never open for debate?

It is!

God's word is written in the rocks, the mountains and canyons, the sea the stars and the universe. It is written in places we haven't even seen yet. But, one place that it is not, is in the Holy Bible.

And yes, the story of Jesus CHRIST is a metaphor, as many have come and gone, claiming the title of Christ. The metaphor lives on and is embraced by millions because it echos elements of truth that we all resonate to about life on planet Earth.

The truth is we are all CHRIST. We have all embarked on a spiritual journey that will end in death and continue resurrection.

BTW OP, you're in good company, as Randy has also accused me of being a liar.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join