It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true story behind the bible

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You attack my character because you feel threatened by my ideas, instead of trying to understand where I am coming from you block it out and start throwing names and labels on me.

I do not worship anything let alone the sun and I never claimed to be an authority on the bible. Obviously you believe you are an authority on it by getting so upset by what I say.

Instead of attacking someone for their beliefs, why not try to understand them first? You do not try to understand, you go straight into attack mode and that shows signs of you feeling threatened.

Stop putting words in my mouth and assuming you know what I believe and what I worship because none of it is true and you are only making yourself out as a fool.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You're right, I'm upset at anyone who claims they can answer questions about the Bible and not even mention the name of Christ. You are a gross dereliction of the facts about Our Father in Heaven first of all. Jesus Christ second.
And thirdly the Bible.

"The true story behind the Bible" You claim authority without even saying it. There is no factual truth to one damn thing you say. Don't expect me not to be bent at your attempts to pull people away from the truth. Ya it phizzez
me off. Cause you have no idea.

Jesus was a metaphor ! Why would I listen to you lie your ass off ?
edit on 18-7-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
OP

Learn Hebrew, read the Torah, Find the "Bible code"

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

If my ideas have no basis or no grounds then you have absolutely nothing to worry about. If it makes absolutely no sense then there is no risk of pulling anyone away from the truth.

The fact you have gotten so bent off of my theory goes to show just how much footing it does have.

I did mention christ, have you still not read my post regarding him? Are you choosing to ignore it because you're afraid of what it might say?

Stop acting like a holier than thou bigot and actually think for once, it may surprise you what you can learn by thinking.
edit on 18-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Same here, but that is part of the process. At first you think you are separate from everything else, but once you reach enlightenment you find that is not the case.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

If bigotry is identifying lies about the existence of Christ. Then I'm the biggest bigot you will ever know.

Of course it pains me to know what he went through at Calvary and listen to your lies about him. That is only natural. Bigot it is. But you are still a liar. Not a judgement either. Judgement carries a sentencing. I'm merely stating a fact.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Posters: I love how people watch some bull# like Zeitgeist and figure themselves authorities on religion.

As for the OP: You have self-realized some fundamentals of the ‘Mystery Religion’ may want to research it.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Interesting post s & f

1. John 8:23- And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

2. John 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

3. John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

4. Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

5. 1 Corinthians 1:20
Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

6. 1 Corinthians 2:6
Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7. 1 Corinthians 2:8
Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

8. 2 Corinthians 4:4
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

9. Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Sorry, I got carried away
would you explain to me how these make sense in the theory you described? Thank you.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyBuff

I came to this conclusion myself. Zeitgeist says nothing about Lucifer, Eden, heaven, nor hell. I only watched zeitgeist after I made these connections myself. Me watching it was a result of my curiosity after making my own connections.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ScatterBrain

When he says 'this world' he means Earth, which is hell because we have turned it into hell with our greed and corruption and destruction of mother Earth. Heaven is above us, meaning space, the rest of the universe.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GalacticEmpire

I'm also new to ATS and I wanted to share a video that I came across a while ago on youtube. In case some of you don't have time to watch this 3 part video, it talks about how all religions are similar and all stemmed from Ra, the Sun God from the ancient Egyptian days. If you have the time I strongly suggest you take the time and watch these videos. It's very interesting and makes you wonder about your own religion.

Excellent comment.

Proverbs 3:6
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You have it backwards, religion is the one that lies, not me. How could I be lying if I truly believe what I say? You are being a pompous bigot right now yet you do not realize it because you truly believe what you are saying.

I'm not calling you a liar even though I disagree with your worldview because I do not judge others and condemn to eternal torture just because I don't agree with them.

Grow up dude. You're making yourself look like a complete ass.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

How could I be lying if I truly believe what I say?

...Is this a serious question? :bnghd:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Lying is when someone says something but believes the opposite. I cannot be lying about my beliefs because that is what I believe to be true.

It's not a hard concept to grasp.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

You have it backwards, religion is the one that lies, not me. How could I be lying if I truly believe what I say? You are being a pompous bigot right now yet you do not realize it because you truly believe what you are sayin

I think you're looking like the ass. By this you just admitted you're a liar and called yourself a bigot.
You can believe your own lies and still be the biggest liar on the planet. Never called any one on these boards a liar before. but you take the cake pal. You yourself are the worst kind of religion. Kool aid drinking cults come up under people just like you. Dudette !

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I never denied the existence of a man named Jesus from that time. If he truly did exist, he was not god in the flesh as the bible puts it, he was a regular man no different from you and me.

I just find it hard to believe since there is no historical accounts of this Jesus until 100 years AFTER his death. If he was such an important person and truly did do the things the bible said he did, why did no scholars from his time mention him? You don't find that a little strange?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Out of all the non-Christians on this board, I am the first you have called a liar? Thank you for affirming to me that my theory threatens your beliefs so much that you must resort to attacking my character.

If you want anyone to take you seriously try to refute my claims instead of attacking me. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

religion was\is nothing more then a manipulation of various teachings designed to keep the upper crust upper and the rest of us at the bottom in fear.

"Fear no evil". I guess you need to know the difference between good and evil is to understand.

ome metaphors, some not, some just the language of the time and much has been removed in order for there to be houses of worship and manipulation, which leads to finding salvation through men and their building's/teachings the only way to find said heaven, oh and please make a donation before you go. i like your train of thought and just posting my views on the same problem

Much has been removed?
Don't you think if there was a God, He would be quite capable of getting his message to those who seek it? Believing that one must depend on salvation by what a another man teaches, in a world of manipulation and control doesn't sound very reasonable does it?
Why would you trust a man...might it not be more rational to seek the Creator of Heaven and Earth yourself? It is an interesting thread isn't it
I hope you F & S this guy.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I find it to be a miracle that he was remembered at all. It would truly be a miracle to have one person remember him and believe on him. I find the fact that billions believe on him just little bit stranger then what you bring to the table in your feeble mindedness.

See how you are the one who is all backwards assed ?

He died in obscurity in a backwards time. Yet billions believe he was the Son of God. Much more than a metaphor.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Just because billions of people believe a lie does not make it true, it just means billions of people have been duped by the same thing. Read: an argument from popularity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join