It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true story behind the bible

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

You obviously have a flawed view on what evidence is as well, because you take words written on a piece of paper as 'evidence'. LOL How thick can you possibly be?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by windword

A sun dial only works when the sun is out.

The "clock" is round because the sky is round, (circumference of the horizon). The clock is a dualistic symbol in nature. There are 2 sides to every day and 2 sides to god, light and dark, good and evil.

That is fine in a dualistic religion, but neither Judaism nor Christianity is dualistic, from its core.

Why? Because, in those religions, there is no counterpart to God. God has no equal. As a result, evil is not the opposite of good, it is the absence of good. Dark is not the opposite of light, it is the absence of it.

The arguments against your assertion that Christianity is not dualistic in nature are vast. That debate continues to rage, and I won't address it here. It deserves a thread in it's own right.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You obviously have a flawed view on what evidence is as well, because you take words written on a piece of paper as 'evidence'. LOL How thick can you possibly be?

Which words on a piece of paper? Instead of criticizing me, how about you just answer the question?

Oh, and tell any lawyer in America that "words on a piece of paper" aren't evidence, they'll love that one, lol.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

The arguments against your assertion that Christianity is not dualistic in nature are vast. That debate continues to rage, and I won't address it here. It deserves a thread in it's own right.

Well, if the arguments are as stunning as your still forthcoming evidence of "astrology littering the Bible", Christianity's non-dualistic basis is probably pretty safe.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

The master of avoiding questions is asking me to answer a question? It doesn't matter what I say, you won't listen and you won't budge from your predetermined conclusion.

So no, I will not waste my time answering your question when you failed to answer mine earlier in the thread.
edit on 19-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Which words on a piece of paper? Instead of criticizing me, how about you just answer the question?

Oh, and tell any lawyer in America that "words on a piece of paper" aren't evidence, they'll love that one, lol.

And you have not yet answered my question. Is the symbolic gesture of Moses destroying the golden calf, and demanding the sacrifice of the Ram instead, then the introduction of a new age by Jesus, being called a fisher of men, Pisces, then, Jesus telling us to go into the House of the Water Bearer, at the end of the age, that's all just coincidences in you mind?

Was Jesus really born from a virgin, or did the Magi track an heavenly body through the sign of Virgo, the virgin? Another coincidence? The mythical resurrection of the sun god and the mythical resurrection of the Christ, (Jesus) just a coincidence also?

Or is the myth of Jesus Christ, just another sun god myth? Or, are we are all children of the GOD?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

And you have not yet answered my question. Is the symbolic gesture of Moses destroying the golden calf, and demanding the sacrifice of the Ram instead, then the introduction of a new age by Jesus, being called a fisher of men, Pisces, then, Jesus telling us to go into the House of the Water Bearer, at the end of the age, that's all just coincidences in you mind?

Yes.

1) I already answered your question about Moses, and your counter claim that all religions that worship cattle are derived from Taurus is unsubstantiated

2) Jesus referred to his Apostles as being "fishers of men", not himself, so I don't know what your point is

3) I already addressed the "Water Bearer" silliness, and first you said it was Aquarius, then you said it was Pisces, and now you're back to Aquarius, which is it? And how does a comment regarding an event that took place 2000 years ago, and was not part of any prophecy, have any bearing on the Age of Aquarius, which may (or may not) be dawning soon?

Was Jesus really born from a virgin, or did the Magi track an heavenly body through the sign of Virgo, the virgin? Another coincidence? The mythical resurrection of the sun god and the mythical resurrection of the Christ, (Jesus) just a coincidence also?

Yes. (Sorry, I'm getting tired of repeating myself in addressing this drivel.)

Lay off the Zeitgeist / D.M. Murdoch drivel, read the Bible as a whole instead of extracting things that you feel support your point of view, and you'll see that, viewed holistically, these claims are flat out foolish.
edit on 19-7-2012 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Yes.

1) I already answered your question about Moses, and your counter claim that all religions that worship cattle are derived from Taurus is unsubstantiated

You have only substantiated your ignorance on the topic of sun worship and the significance of the placement of the sun during the spring equinox (re)birth. You have misunderstood, either because you're dense or because you're obtuse.

2) Jesus referred to his Apostles as being "fishers of men", not himself, so I don't know what your point is

The appearance of Jesus ushered in the age of Pisces, the fish. I have already linked the synchronicity of Pisces the Fish and Jesus. Again, I think you're being obtuse.

3) I already addressed the "Water Bearer" silliness, and first you said it was Aquarius, then you said it was Pisces, and now you're back to Aquarius, which is it? And how does a comment regarding an event that took place 2000 years ago, and was not part of any prophecy, have any bearing on the Age of Aquarius, which may (or may not) be dawning soon?

You just can't keep up can you? You must really be out of your element. It's better to admit that you're wading into deep water than to pretend you know how to swim.

Yes. (Sorry, I'm getting tired of repeating myself in addressing this drivel.)

Lay off the Zeitgeist / D.M. Murdoch drivel, read the Bible as a whole instead of extracting things that you feel support your point of view, and you'll see that, viewed holistically, these claims are flat out foolish.

Never saw Zeitgeist, really! I probably should, 'cuz I get accused of being influenced by it a lot.

Nope, don't know what's in the movie.

My dear, I grew up with the Bible. Thank GOD that being a victim to that drivel is in my past.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Yes.

You have only substantiated your ignorance on the topic of sun worship and the significance of the placement of the sun during the spring equinox (re)birth. You have misunderstood, either because you're dense or because you're obtuse.

Huh? Seriously, this makes no sense, sorry. What does the sun, equinox or... well, anything... have to do with the Golden Calf and Taurus?

Instead of trying to insult me, why don't you explain how sun worship and/or the placement of the sun during the equinox relates to the Hebrew Bible?

The appearance of Jesus ushered in the age of Pisces, the fish. I have already linked the synchronicity of Pisces the Fish and Jesus. Again, I think you're being obtuse.

No, it didn't. As I pointed out, there is no consensus as to when the Age of Pisces began, and JESUS IS NOT THE FISHER OF MEN. Sorry to shout, but you seem to be struggling to keep up.

The rest of your response is nonsense.

I will repeat, for about the millionth time, my request.

Please provide any substantiated evidence that Christianity is, in any way, related to the Astrological Ages, and that "astrological symbols litter" the Bible.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I agree with you there. We are on Earth which is a part of the heavens, but it feels like hell due to lack of self-awareness. Kingdom of Heaven is within you, but most do not realize, even if it is in their own Holy Scriptures.

Hopefully people will understand this soon.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

He keeps giving you evidence to support his claims then you call it drivel then ask for the evidence all over again.

Are you seriously not listening to yourself right now? Why are you asking for evidence if you know you are just going to reject it?

I really hope you're a troll because I would hate to think that a human being could be this dense and ignorant.

Instead of just stating you believe it is coincidence, why not explain the reasons behind why you think it's all just a big coincidence?

edit on 20-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Self-awareness was the start of hell on Earth because it leads to the manipulation and corruption in the world.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Hi 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Pretty awesome to see your thread is getting some attention, gratz!

I would like break down your post a little into discussing one or two things at a time if you don't mind, I think it will make it easier for us to explain how we have come to a particular understanding, Sound good to you?

First, I would like to speak just about Lucifer, if that's ok. To my understanding you believe Lucifer has already been cast into a figurative hell and that figurative hell is the actual physical Earth?

Is this correct? If this is correct, please reply with a "yes". If I have misunderstood please clarify your understanding of Lucifer and if you don't mind will you describe Lucifer's attributes as well, Thank you.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Who knows what the Bible says about astrology? The Bible is filled with contradictions.*
www.skepticsannotatedbible.com...
* www.infidels.org...
ffrf.org...
However, even tho it is obvious that the Bible is far from perfect, that is not a reason to dismiss the wisdom that is in it. I know some pretty dumb people that occasionally say something brilliant. Considering that the Bible had many authors, its even more likely that there will be parts that are dumb and parts that are brilliant.
edit on 20-7-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I think that there is astrology in the Bible. When it was written astrology was accepted by most people. However, that has nothing to do with its validity.
The problem was that a truth was expressed (that all things are connected) metaphorically and then taken literally. “Up” is universally understood as better then down. Therefore, a metaphor for being wise etc is to say that one comes from the stars. However, now we know (because of science) that there is no up or down in space.
undsci.berkeley.edu...
In other words astrology was astronomy in its infancy. Like many children it had many insights but no maturity and it could not separate fantasy from fact.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

He keeps giving you evidence to support his claims then you call it drivel then ask for the evidence all over again.

Because it isn't evidence, it's conjecture, why can't you get that through your [SNIP] head?

Claiming that this:

‘Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you bearing a pitcher of water... follow him into the house where he entereth in.’. - Luke 22:10

is about the Age of Pisces and/or Aquarius isn't evidence, it is a hypothesis. To support that claim, one needs to provide evidence, such as citing numerous other places in the New Testament that demonstrate that the authors were aware of astrology, intentionally included it in their work in ways that cannot be construed as something else in the Judaic milieu, and then demonstrating the purpose of such an inclusion.

Otherwise, it's just some guy carrying water.

If you truly do not understand the difference between evidence and conjecture, your career here at ATS is going to be an unhappy one.

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
edit on 7/20/2012 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

reply to post by autowrench

Like I said, I grew up a christian and only studied the bible.

This topic is about the bible and the bible alone. I have no authority on any religious texts including the bible. This is my opinion on what the bible is trying to say, I am not stating that it is fact by any stretch of the imagination.

That is all well and fine. But, since you know nothing about any other religions or Gods/Goddesses, will that cause you to refrain from insulting them, or acting like you know all about them, or assigning names and labels to their Gods? Just asking.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Strainz

The number 12 isn't assigned to the number of planets, but to the divisions of the sky, or Zodiac. Some disciplines use 13 divisions. This still applies to the metaphor of 12 disciples and Jesus being the number 13.

Thank you, windword, after reading the argument, I was just getting ready to tell them it is 12 Constellations, not 12 planets. And there have always been 12, if a new one is discovered, an old one is dropped of the chart.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Thank you, windword, after reading the argument, I was just getting ready to tell them it is 12 Constellations, not 12 planets. And there have always been 12, if a new one is discovered, an old one is dropped of the chart.

You'd better get on the phone to the IAU, then. With the 88 that they've "discovered" (how does one "discover" an anthropomorphic belief?), they've apparently got a lot of dropping to do

The Constellations | IAU

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

The 88 were originally 44, deities embodying concepts that, by idolizing them, would unlock different combinations of chromosomes in DNA, thereby unleashing immortality, enlightenment, ESP, and other stuff.

Those gods were actually metaphoric instructions on how to become "superhuman".

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join