It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true story behind the bible

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
reply to post by windword

Thanks for the info. I don't know, all of that looks like grasping and exegesis.

Moses and Jesus were separated by about 1300 years, not 2000.

Scholars can't even agree on who Moses or Jesus actually were, little alone exactly when or if they existed. There are many biblical references that don't make sense or contradict one another. For example, there is no evidence that the Hebrews were slaves in Egypt.

We don't know if Jesus was one or many different men, or when or where he was actually born. We do know that his story was used to represent a new age, as was the story of Moses, representative as a new age for the Hebrews.

Claiming that the Golden Calf was Taurus the Bull is a leap without basis, as there were cattle worshiping religions in the area that had nothing to do with Taurus.

No one is claiming that the Golden Calf was Taurus. It was a left over sun worship in the house of Taurus, as Taurus used to be the house of the sun's birth. All Bovine worship is rooted in sun worship.

[quote
There are differing opinions on when astrological ages begin or end, and the estimations for Pisces vary from between about 100BC to 498AD, so saying that it began in 1AD seems a little arbitrary.

Close enough. It doesn't matter. Jesus wasn't born in 1AD. The story of the birth of Jesus is another metaphor for the birth of a new age.

The passage in Luke, when placed back in context, is something that happens at the end of the world, and the obvious implication is that it would represent a sudden change to the celestial bodies.

The "bearer of water" thing is symbolic of the Christian attachment to water as a spiritual and cleansing thing, and it was related to something happening then, it wasn't an end times prophecy -- saying it has something to do with the Age of Aquarius (dates for the beginning of such ranging from 1447 to 3621) is utter nonsense.

The whole water thing comes from the influence of the Piscean age. Fish live in water, and Pisces is a water sign, not an earth, air or fire sign.

The world isn't going to end! Jeeez! The age of Pisces is ending, and the new age is beginning, FACT!

The circle of the procession of the earth's axis is factual. It is divided into 12 astrological compartments. Now, what the ancients thought was the border between Pisces and Aquarius is unknown, however, we (the collective scientific community) know where we are in procession of the equinox as it applies to space and time and what constellation is on the horizon at sunrise. We understand our own tilt and wobble and placement in the solar system.

You can believe what you like, but I see absolutely no basis for anything that you're claiming.

There is absolute and scientific evidence that is unequivocal. You just choose to remain ignorant of it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

You're cute, how you think that Christianity is honestly the inventor of holy water!

Water has a holy material started with paganistic religion. Christianity itself states that any who worship the earth are sinners, and yet they use water as a holy device? They could use words spoken over the babies ., and yet they use water in a ritual that clearly symbolizes death and rising back to life, something that is ALSO not Christian, but dates as far back as the Egyptians!

Your religion is naught but lies, child. Open your eyes, and see the light!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by The GUT

And why do YOU mock it? Is there something you know that the whole world doesn't? Something you can prove, that will settle this vast and unproductive debate once and for all?

Whadd'ya mean the "whole world?" The whole world, except me, buys the, "we are all god" theory?!

I see, and we're the arrogant/crazy/mentally deficient ones...

Okay.

You said it, not me.
But to elaborate: I've done my time in the new age community. I socialized, worked, and dated there. I listened, I watched, I studied and in the end I came to the personal conclusion that it did more to prove the accuracy of biblical text than to negate it.

One can prove nothing to another, one can only prove something to one's self. I didn't start this ever-revolving debate, I joined it in progress and only proffer my own experience and personal conclusions.

And, Hell No, I don't imagine myself to be "god experiencing himself." Nor do I think you are either.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Do you have a better theory? Oh, you're probably atheist, which means you accuse the whole scientific community and mathematics department of lying. You know, the ones who say that there has to be some sort of intelligence behind the universe, but aren't sure what?

No, you have comprehensive problems, that's all. You have issues wrapping your brains around the whole deal. That's alright, not everyone can make the connections. Well, try this out:

Get rid of every preconception you ever had about god. Then you're ready to find it. That's right, not him or her, IT. Source is not even a creature really. Source is more quantum than anything else. It's really cool.

edit on 19-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

You can believe what you like, but I see absolutely no basis for anything that you're claiming.

There is absolute and scientific evidence that is unequivocal. You just choose to remain ignorant of it.

Nothing in that post is scientific -- it's conjecture and interpretation and claiming that astrology is, in any way, scientific, demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of science.

Did ancient people use stars and constellations for navigation, marking the passage of time, as well as mysticism? Sure. Does it mean that everything mystical from that time revolves around the stars? No, of course not.

You're cute, how you think that Christianity is honestly the inventor of holy water!

When did I say that?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Ok, now to the point of how religion keeps us separated from god. Religion teaches us that in order to get to heaven, we must believe in god, and in order to reach heaven, you must first die and leave this universe.

This is a lie, and the fundamental way in how religion keeps us seperate from god. Heaven is described as the kingdom OF god, which means that god and his kingdom are not separate but the same. His kingdom is him and he is his kingdom.

Jesus would disagree with you.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

You are very ignorant whereof you speak. Check out the Ancient Mysteries thread. You'll learn something. But oh wait, since you already know everything, you won't bother to do your research.

I'm wasting my time, it seems.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

Jesus would disagree with you.

He isn't here to disagree with me. Which says he isn't here to tell you he'd disagree with Enlightened1. Which says you're using a holy figure. to argue with us, which means that in Puritan days, you'd be slaughtered for having had to temerity to commit such fraud. And yet, you continue to blaspheme. And then call us out for not believing!

Hypocrisy is hilarious.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

You are very ignorant whereof you speak. Check out the Ancient Mysteries thread. You'll learn something. But oh wait, since you already know everything, you won't bother to do your research.

I'm wasting my time, it seems.

Looks like I've wasted my time too! The ignorance is strong in this one!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Nothing in that post is scientific -- it's conjecture and interpretation and claiming that astrology is, in any way, scientific, demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of science.

Did ancient people use stars and constellations for navigation, marking the passage of time, as well as mysticism? Sure. Does it mean that everything mystical from that time revolves around the stars? No, of course not.

The procession of the equinox is a proven scientific fact. The existence of the constellations is a scientific fact.

Someone might say to you, "Look, that cloud looks like a duck.!" You may deny that the cloud looks like a duck, but you can't deny that the cloud exists. It's the same with the stars. Whether Orion's belt looks more like the Big Dipper or Ursa the Bear than a hunter is a matter of interpretation, the existence of those stars are not.

The interpretation of the meaning and influence of the constellations and their ages on man, is and has always been a religious interpretation.

The documentation of the Ancients' knowledge of the procession of the equinox is well documented. The religions and origins of the religions of ancient peoples is well known and is based on astrological interpretations of the heavenly bodies.

This scholarly information is scientifically proven and not up for debate among researchers.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

So new age theology, something that for the most part denies the existence of the biblical god, strengthened your belief in a biblical god?

You are no longer making any sense.

edit on 19-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

I guess what I am saying is going completely over your .. I do NOT take the bible as 100% fact. I understand that 90% of it is lies, but I also understand that some of it has truth in it.

I am not a bible worshiper, but I see the truth within it. Simple enough?

I admit I am a little confused. The title you made for this thread is: "The true story behind the bible," yet you don't mention the bible in your OP. It's all about religion. Maybe the title should've been, the truth behind religion. So, I'm out.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

And what is your reason behind not believing you are god experiencing itself?

We are of the universe, we live within it, so how are we not the universe experiencing itself?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

The whole OP is explaining what is in the bible in natural terms.

If I named the thread 'The truth behind religion' and only mentioned what is in the bible then I would not be including all the other religions which would negate the title of the thread.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

What Jesus taught is not based on religion. Religion (christianity in particular) is based on what Jesus taught, except they twisted what he said in order to fit their agenda.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
You are right. You are wrong. You are in the middle.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
wow.....first, thanks OP for giving me more to think about in your first post.........the next 13 pages were oft filled with "tribble" and lots of at times........your efforts are well noted to get others to at least look versus being held in a place and belief where looking is oft frowned upon........there are things we can not explain, do not know, and cannot understand, yet we all have an opinion about each of them....I ask my "christian" friends, often....."What about God?.....why all the attention on Jesus?"

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Why do so many people place a total value on the weight and measurement universe we now live in for such a short time? Treating a virused and limited organic computer called a brain like it has the ability to figure everything out? Like all life period comes from here? I believe the bible was meant to send us to a place past words and thought. To a new identity that a human body means nothing except for being used to get to such a place. Man has had his hand on it so purely from God it isn't but the path to God is in it. Why is it so hard to accept being little God kids? We didn't have a problem with when we were growing up with our earthly parents. Man's ego and pride has a problem with being a child all his life and that an unseen life form called God has total control over him allowing free will reguardless. I should of died in a car wreck over 30 years ago and threw science out the window. I had one of those white light experiences where God gave me a choice of coming back or going home to heaven. I was spirit, for lack of words that really describe it, I was more like pure perfect energy that had an identity and personality. We get really big! God kids! As much as we cannot conceive the size of the universe, for the lack of better words, there is an infinite hall with an infinite amount of fish bowls each containing a universe. So what it amounts to is that we will never know what's going on from this side of the fence and maybe this world and universe is just a breading ground for emmortal beings, God kids. But what we call home later and being with and playing with the other God kids is a choice based on selflessness and not needing to be better than anyone else. Ending up by yourself forever is based on greed, selfishness and having no care for anyone else but yourself. Choose wisely which path you go down for it will lead to a door that can only be stepped through with no turning back.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

reply to post by The GUT

So new age theology, something that for the most part denies the existence of the biblical god, strengthened your belief in a biblical god?

You are no longer making any sense.

edit on 19-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

I wouldn't expect it to make sense to you, I've read your incoherent babble for 13 pages now.

What I saw was the Mystery Babylon religion repackaged for the "Me" generation. Folk who wanted to believe they were "god" and have license to explain away their so-often decadent lifestyle. Don't get me wrong, I was right there being decadent with them. For a minute.

But it was the first lie from the Garden all over again: Ye shall be as Gods.

If I use the term "New Ager" in a manner that offends anyone I'm sorry but I come by my feelings honestly and I respect your opinion to disagree.

I come by it honestly I say because a few years of my life were spent giving the new age philosophy a chance in a up-close and personal way.

My social & creative life are by their nature always intermixed. So I was immersed among a large community of new age thinkers, prosperity gurus, personal coaches, a couple of best-selling gurus, channelers and some serious shaman-types, Wiccans etc.

I've trusteed on a board that oversaw 30 acres of beautiful mountain property set aside for a small intentional living community. You really get to know folk and see how their new age philosophies work out in an intentional living community heheh.

I dated from the group, spent long hours talking around the bonfire about 'the source," or the we're all God theorem, or any syncretic mix of eastern religion one can imagine. Much like the syncretic mix you've cobbled together here. Most, I've found, don't even know the genesis of where their beliefs generated.

At the end of the day, I'm sorry to say it--and I still have friends from that group that I love --but at the end of the day I've never seen a more neurotic, self-deceived, and self-willed bunch. (Mind you, that I'm AWARE there are SOME folk who call themselves Christian that are vile, mean-spirited, & self-deceived too.)

Yep, the Holy Bible nails it when it comes to explaining our world and where we were (are) .ed. You are the CHILDREN that will accept the New World Order (first mentioned in the Bible, btw) because someone (that Anti-Guy) will tell you what you want to hear and that Christians "must go" before true peace and prosperity can commence.

You'll lap it up.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Folk who wanted to believe they were "god" and have license to explain away their so-often decadent lifestyle. Don't get me wrong, I was right there being decadent with them. For a minute.

Stop right there. I don't want to be a god. I don't want anyone on earth to be a god. I've seen what people do with even mediocre power...imagine what happens with godly power?

I wouldn't go as far as to call it fact, but it's a theory. Something that will hopefully be fact someday: the same thing that functions as a god, created the rest of us, and we too will be able to utilize that creative talent. The ability to change the world around us according to our whims. But right now, our morals are broken, at best.

We don't deserve it right now, so you can go shove it with your "decadent lifestyle" nonsense. That's like saying all Catholics are molestors. You are generalizing, and it's less than becoming of you.

So, with all due respect to your 13 pages of putting up with bs, what you're doing right now is just as informed. Stop judging. I don't care what you saw, heard, did, or think. It's judgmental, and it's not cool.

but at the end of the day I've never seen a more neurotic, self-deceived, and self-willed bunch.

Gee, kind of brings to mind the New Testament, eh? We're just growing our wings, we'll come into it. Give it a freakin' chance. Jeesh, these people who judge. You, meanwhile, follow a faith that's had over 2,000 years to mature. Has it?

Ask ATS.

Yep, the Holy Bible nails it when it comes to explaining our world and where we were (are) .ed. You are the CHILDREN that will accept the New World Order (first mentioned in the Bible, btw) because someone (that Anti-Guy) will tell you what you want to hear and that Christians "must go" before true peace and prosperity can commence.

You'll lap it up.

"You'll lap it up" coming from the guy who takes his world science from a 2,000 year old book written by people who would have died proclaiming the Earth was flat.

With all due respect. *ahem cough cough*

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join