It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Holocaust records exhibited for 1st time!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This is of major relevance to Americans who are currently witnessing the martial law/Police State measures of the hostile US government... since history repeats itself!

After exactly 70 years of silence, the French Police finally disclosed their records of directly collaborating with the Nazi invaders in France during the occupation, into sending +13000 Jews to bicycle stadiums in order to be detained and processed towards the Death Camps... and in just two days!

PARIS (AP) — They are among France's darkest days: Police dragged over 13,000 Jews from their homes, confined them in a Paris cycling stadium with little food or water, and then deported them to their deaths in the concentration camp at Auschwitz. But even in France, one of the most brazen collaborations between authorities and the Nazis during World War II is unknown to many in the younger generation.

Police are hoping to change that, opening up their archives on France's biggest single deportation of French Jews for the first time to the public on Thursday. The often chilling records are being exhibited in the Paris Jewish district's city hall to coincide with the 70th anniversary of the two-day "Vel d'Hiv" roundup, named for the Velodrome d'Hiver, or Winter Velodrome. Many thousands were rounded up on July 16 and 17, 1942, then holed up in miserable conditions in the stadium, just a stone's throw from the Eiffel Tower, before being bused to the French camp at Drancy and then taken by train to Auschwitz.

Tallies list the daily count of men, women and children detained, alongside stark black and white photographs of deportees. A registry of those forced to wear the yellow star and a Jewish census show how police knew who to take. Meticulous handwritten lists detail personal possessions handed over to police. Others list the value of property, such as jewelry, confiscated — often forcibly — during the deportation.

France struggled for years to come to terms with the extent of its wartime collaboration with the Nazis, but over the decades officials have been showing greater willingness to acknowledge the shameful period in its history.

"This is our history, it's vital for the country to know," said curator Olivier Accarie. "Today, we are ready to confront this." The administrative indifference of the documents is striking. On July 17, Mrs. I. Rosenbaum signed that she had given up over 1,450 francs worth of possessions before being deported. But there is a further hand annotation: She tried to conceal 50 British pounds that were confiscated.

One page records the pre-dawn start of the roundup, but in one of the archives' only rays of hope it reveals that not everything went according to police plan: "The operation against the Jews began this morning at 4 a.m. (But) it has been slowed down. ... Many men left their homes yesterday." Though experts say the original plan was to deport 27,000 Jews from Paris, some 14,000 managed to avoid roundup or escape.

Read the rest on the article

Seems like a typical fascist tactic for mass extermination... Police being used for mass arrests and robbing of people's assets, using public stadiums to pile up arrestees for detainee "processing", then sending them into camps. I heard stuff about that stuff already happening in the US... people being picked up and moved to secret locations in or underneath stadiums.

Americans, don't let this happen again!

This message is also to all the Holocaust deniers and closet neo-Nazis here, who keep spreading their fantasy land LIES and therefore attempting to make dictatorships, ethnic cleaning and mass exterminations/detentions acceptable. You ignorance is denied!
edit on 17/7/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The census gave them the info needed so they would know who to take away. Kinda scary when you think about it. I bet they never thought it would be used against them when they filled out their own census forms...

Hey, I realize the census can do good, but I guess its another one of those double-edged swords I keep hearing about that seem to be pervasive throughout our society. Depending on who's wielding it, I suppose.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
All of this happened while France was under German control. So really it was the Germans that did not the French. The French did it to save their own lives and I don't blame them one bit for doing it.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
All of this happened while France was under German control. So really it was the Germans that did not the French. The French did it to save their own lives and I don't blame them one bit for doing it.

You probably never heard of the Vichy regime and its system of collaboration, where ordinary people were scared into bad-mouthing and denouncing their neighbors to Nazi officers as members of the resistance, so they could be sent to the camps.

Of course, not all French people were like that... there was a rather big underground resistance as well. And as pointed in the article, they were also a few good cops who refused to go by the orders of the Nazis, saving thousands of lives. Those were the people who were really fighting not just for their lives but other's as well, not the cowardly cops and "law-abiding" citizens who sent thousands to their deaths.

In several areas of North America, Europe and China, there are the same totalitarian policies of "denounce your neighbor" (official DHS policy, as well as stuff like Crimestoppers) and ordinary mass arrests and detention.

Of course, people still aren't forced to spy on and denounce their neighbors with threat of razing their town and killing everyone (like the Nazis did), they might soon find something to force people into doing it, if the Wal Mart telescreens don't work as much as expected. There are also FEMA camps in the US, and they still are building prisons that pretty much are becoming labor camps. Hence the comparison.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

That is a cop out. It is a way of denying responsibility for what one does.
It is absolutely shameful, how many french people these days do not know about the Val D'Hiver.
They didn't do it, it was their parents and grandparents, but they need to know the truth.

The Vichy regime collaborated, they didn't have to, they benefitted from it and chose to take part.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470
The census gave them the info needed so they would know who to take away. Kinda scary when you think about it. I bet they never thought it would be used against them when they filled out their own census forms...

Hey, I realize the census can do good, but I guess its another one of those double-edged swords I keep hearing about that seem to be pervasive throughout our society. Depending on who's wielding it, I suppose.

True, census is a "friendly" element in State's invasive policy that serves as a tool for eventual mass control and extermination. Especially when the census becomes mandatory.

In Canada it's been already serving the interests of big farming corporations and the Agenda 21-like policies, against the small farmers. The Census Bureau is the first Big Brotherish tool set up by the US and Canada, and that dates back to the 19th century.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

But most of the people here or on any "conservative" site do want just that. Not the jews in particular, but we do want the ones in power, the elite and wealthy, the ones who decide our fate and force us into wars to be rounded up and then exterminated.

We want to do what the French did with their elite once upon a time. The guillotines are thirsty for tyrants blood. We want our freedom back.

But what if we get what we want and then find it IS pretty much one certain class of people? What then? Do we stop, let them go and say sorry? What if they fight back and win? What will be called in history? How will we be demonized in the press and what will they teach our children in school?

Do you even realize you have been brainwashed since birth to protect your masters? What do they call you when you wake up? Think people.
edit on 17-7-2012 by Ookie because: adjusted format

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie

Originally posted by Echtelion

But most of the people here or on any "conservative" site do want just that. Not the jews in particular, but we do want the ones in power, the elite and wealthy, the ones who decide our fate and force us into wars to be rounded up and then exterminated.

We want to do what the French did with their elite once upon a time. The guillotines are thirsty for tyrants blood. We want our freedom back.

But what if we get what we want and then find it IS pretty much one certain class of people? What then? Do we stop, let them go and say sorry? What if they fight back and win? What will be called in history? How will we be demonized in the press and what will they teach our children in school?

Do you even realize you have been brainwashed since birth to protect your masters? What do they call you when you wake up? Think people.
edit on 17-7-2012 by Ookie because: adjusted format

Jewish conspiracy again, eh? That, in itself, is a major piece of dimwit brainwashing, thoroughly proven to be a hoax aimed at justifying a criminal eugenicist agenda.

And yeah, I do "think". But thinking also can be preformatted accordingly with some specific agendas. I think with criticism, and that is another thing that many here can't seem to be able to achieve.

One could also decide to eradicate all "white" Europeans on the American continent with some virus, and under some perspective, this could solve a lot of problems on the continent.

But it's completely retarded and unresponsive to promote such thing, and above all murderous, genocidal. It is neither your or my right to decide who has the right to live on this planet!

Actually whoever that is born has got this right, and anyone that pretends having the legitimacy to negate it is a deluded, sick criminal, and deserves to be treated as such., no matter his '"justifications". Murder IS murder. Nobody's life belongs to another, period.

new topics

top topics

join