It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microwave your migrane away...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Okay, this is interesting, and it sounds REALLY stupid, but I swear, it happened twice.

Woke up a few days ago and had a big headache. Went into the kitchen to cook some wings, and while the microwave was on, I grabbed my head and leaned on the counter... I really hate headaches, they hurt. I leaned my head on the microwave while it was on, and my head felt better after a few seconds. The headache didn't leave, but it was less than half as painful as before.

Same thing happened again yesterday.

Is the radiation getting rid of my headaches? I thought so at first, but the radiation inside an active microwave is pretty well sealed off. Still, I wonder if it's possible somehow...

Then again, could just be the subtle vibration from the microwave making my headaches better.

I know it sounds stupid, seriously. But I don't know anything about radiation. That's why I'm asking... I'm curious

Is this possible?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Sounds a bit risky tbh, I try to stay away from microwaved food full stop never mind using one as a pillow for times when my head is feeling a tad sore inside.

I suggest drinking more water and eating less artificial flavourings like msg etc...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

i don't go anywhere near a microwave when someone uses it.

i also don't eat food that has been in a microwave, and i don't eat food cooked on teflon.

maybe short term your killing whatever cells are feeling the pain, but long term your messing yourself up

peace.
edit on 17-7-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
dude I get migraines REALLLLY bad too.. the whole 9 yards, puking, throbbing head for 7+ hrs at a time.
Having a basic working knowledge of how radiation in microwaves works, I am going to have to recommend that you don't continue to try microwaving your head.

It is doing more harm than good, my friend. I use these powder packets you can swallow with a bunch of water. Works like a charm

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
As a child I use to get terrible migraines. I remember the only thing that helped was vomiting. I would suffer with pain and nausea all day and then right after vomiting, the migraine was gone. Medicines did nothing.

Of course, we didn't have microwave ovens back then, so no idea if that would have helped.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Enjoy the baseball sized tumor that will soon begin gestating in your cranium.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Microwaves actually leak very little radiation, so I doubt (even if microwaves could help migraines) that the microwave had any effect.

As for all of the fearmongering about getting too close to a microwave in this thread, the worst that could happen, assuming the microwave has no shielding, is that you would get cataracts. The lens of the eye doesn't dissipate heat the way the rest of your body can.

Be easy.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Stare at the microwave. it's a good way to cook and harden the jelly in your eyeballs and make you blind.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I remember my very first migraine as a small child, and they continued on and off for years.
Sensitivity to light, sound and movement usually ending by me throwing up and passing out.
Two days later I would feel somewhat normal again, if a little 'fluffy' in the head.

I don't have them any more at all.

I started meditating for midnight anxiety attacks and found a way to 'step around' the ache inside my head.
Haven't had one since and sure as heck don't miss them.

I wouldn't be trying to microwave them though, that's just not cool. We don't own one either.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Okay, this is interesting, and it sounds REALLY stupid, but I swear, it happened twice.

Woke up a few days ago and had a big headache. Went into the kitchen to cook some wings, and while the microwave was on, I grabbed my head and leaned on the counter... I really hate headaches, they hurt. I leaned my head on the microwave while it was on, and my head felt better after a few seconds. The headache didn't leave, but it was less than half as painful as before.

Same thing happened again yesterday.

Is the radiation getting rid of my headaches? I thought so at first, but the radiation inside an active microwave is pretty well sealed off. Still, I wonder if it's possible somehow...

Then again, could just be the subtle vibration from the microwave making my headaches better.

I know it sounds stupid, seriously. But I don't know anything about radiation. That's why I'm asking... I'm curious

Is this possible?

if you look at the door of your microwave, theres a "mesh" covering the front, thats a Faraday cage. microwaves are one of the smallest wave forms of radiation, hence "micro"waves. if there is a hole in the mesh or in the integrity of the rest of the cage to keep the radiation inside then maybe you are being radiated. i doubt it could have the effect you are hoping for, but i am not a Dr.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
When you get up in the morning your body has been in a resting state for a while with reduced heartrate, circulation, lowered body temp, etc.... In the meantime the body is using this energy to repair itself and straighten out and sort things.

When we awake it takes a lot of energy to restart the body and change the body chemistry over and detox the chemicals. Maybe the microwaves gave your body extra energy. A hot shower in the morning wakes us up also, this is full of ions. Coffee has methyl in it which can also give energy for conversion of morning toxins. Water even supplies energy because we use the Hydrogen for energy. I'll believe that the energy from the microwave could reduce your headache somehow. There are many possibilities though, pinpointing it may be tough. Did you have a glass of water before you did that? it often takes a couple of minutes before a glass of water dampens a headache.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

My brother bought an Ion meter for looking for ions in his home. Brand new microwave and the meter went crazy all over the kitchen and dining area when the microwave was on. Don't believe everything you read or are told. Try buying one of these ion testers yourself and check it out. I have a rock in the basement that gives off ions but it's not radioactive or a magnet. It appears to either be nodular hematite or a meteorite.

I've got the geiger counter. I tested the microwave for radiation and the levels don't appear to be any more alarming than some areas outside. Ions are escaping though.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

but does your geiger test more or the same from when the microwave is on to off? probly not. and the ions arent escaping, when the microwave is on electrons are being transfered and ions are being transfered to the cage and microwave box, giving it excess ions that will naturally "want" to be "neutral" so they may transfer to the air, they are not harmful, and are not radioactive.

"Ion-
An atom or group of atoms that acquires an electrical charge by the gain or loss of electrons."

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

The geiger counter slightly elevates inside the microwave for some reason when off with the door open, not even close to what a big ben clock puts off. The Geiger counter just barely increases when the microwave is on but it's so negligable that it's hard to tell. The Ion counter my brother bought measures positive ions. That goes way up all over the kitchen when the microwave is on. According to the Faraday cage theory it should not be happening, even glass is a suitable trap. Only thing I can figure is the fan is blowing these ions out or the Faraday cage doesn't work as it's supposed to with all frequencies of energy.
edit on 17-7-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by Dizrael

The geiger counter slightly elevates inside the microwave for some reason when off with the door open, not even close to what a big ben clock puts off. The Geiger counter just barely increases when the microwave is on but it's so negligable that it's hard to tell. The Ion counter my brother bought measures positive ions. That goes way up all over the kitchen when the microwave is on. According to the Faraday cage theory it should not be happening, even glass is a suitable trap. Only thing I can figure is the fan is blowing these ions out or the Faraday cage doesn't work as it's supposed to with all frequencies of energy.
edit on 17-7-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

if the geiger counter isnt spiking, radiation isnt escaping, the ions are just a by product of all the electron transfering during the process. if one electron is passed to a neutral cage, the cage will have a negative "charge", then any passing or touching atom will then pick it up (some particles are naturally positive) giving it a neutral state. that single electron can be passed all over your kitchen looking for a "happy home" but thats for ONE electron. in sure from the sound of things, more than one are getting transfered, which is normal, setting your ion counter off. again, none of it is radioactive, or your geiger counter would be going off more.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

Nothing is even close to dangerously radioactive, I studied the use of the Ludlum service meter and what the results meant pretty extensively when I got it from GSA auctions. I had to study history to find out how to interpret the readings. It is important to note that radon can be measured with it by charging Carbon or charcoal with the radon then testing the charcoal. It even works as the information said it would. I have no way of knowing what kind of radon though and if it is dangerous radon or not. I am not afraid of radon or even low doses of radioactivity.

The Ions that escape the microwave can effect the human body in various ways. This phenomenon is also evident around high voltage power lines and even around electric motors and power boxes and wiring feeding high draws. Not all of the effects are bad, sometimes they may even have a positive effect on the body. This thread could be showing a positive change to the body. Whether the conditions are positive or negative have a great input from the existing condition of the human body and this also is reliant on the bodies ability to acclimate to changing conditions. The minds electrical and chemical responses acclimate to the surroundings but sometimes something goes wrong in the body and we can't normalize. Nutrition uptake is very related to electrical and chemical changes in the body. Slowing of the ability to correct these changes and normalize chemistry cause problems in people being able to work in certain conditions. I try to apply what I learn to everything I know when studying, having worked at many kinds of jobs and observing people I have a heads up on some of these things. My concern is not with the brains chemical changes caused by these environmental changes but the overall reason why the body isn't quickly normalizing in a lot of people nowadays. This correction should happen within seconds. Something is wrong somewhere and people have to take antidepressants and other drugs to force it to normalize and the filters of the brain to work properly. I don't believe in treating people when you could eliminate the cause. The brain should normalize after a time with frequency changes or filter them out.

My brothers Ion meter does not test the frequency of the emitted ions. It's hard to tell if the frequency is good or bad from this without evidence. I have bookmarks of the effective range of frequencies on the brainwaves from some science organization somewhere in the five hundred or so bookmarks I have saved. I've read probably over fifty thousand research articles and only save the ones I may need to access in the future. Getting an ion meter that measures frequency doesn't sound within my price range though. I can't afford to spend too much money on my hobbies.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Microwaves emit non-ionizing radiation. How is that having an effect on the ion concentration in your air?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I don't fancy the sound of it tbh.
I don't suffer migraines often but I do suffer whopping migraine like hangovers. Hate pills though. Just prefer to barf and go lie nekkid in a cold draft with the fan on my back full bore. Bit better than microwaving your brain i should think.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

Heck if I know. You'd have to ask the people who make the microwaves why they say that I suppose. All I know is that the ion meter does pick elevated ions in the whole room. I'm not sure if it affects the health of a healthy individual in a normal microwaving time either, that doesn't concern me that much. We didn't replace the microwave when it decided to short out internally and smoke up the kitchen two years ago. We actually don't miss it at all, I thought of getting another one but the wife said we don't need it as much as we need the counter space. Both the wife and I grew up without microwaves so it's kinda nostalgic not to have one. We have an older small one in storage in case we change our minds.

It is possible that the energy effected his body and reduced his headache though. I said possible, not probable, because probable would need more evidence and a more defined testing perameter to give it validity.

new topics

top topics

join