It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My aunt saw my brother(he passed away 10 years ago) What am I suppose to do?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0
reply to post by howmuch4another

It's see in order to believe, not believe then see.

According to a certain passage in the bible who knows if its authentic, Thomas didnt believe in Jesus and when he appeared then he actually believed in him. I'm like doubting Thomas. I need to see in order to believe. I mean if Thomas didnt believe Jesus was son of God did miracles etc. and he lived at the time of Jesus why in the world should I believe in anything unless I see it?

thanks for clearing that up

you obviously missed the point of a play on words entirely. good luck.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I'm like doubting Thomas. I need to see in order to believe

Remember: The skeptic is always convincible.

Jesus came, although the doors were locked, and stood in their midst and said, “Peace be with you.” Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here and see my hands, and bring your hand and put it into my side, and do not be unbelieving, but believe.” Thomas answered and said to him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Have you come to believe because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed.”

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I can't believe she actually saw him because there is no way in hell he would appear to her and not to me. I mean that's sooo cruel. I would instantly believe in a afterlife if he only would have appeared to me. My aunt and I are not close and also she lives in another country.

I just cannot believe that it was actually him and he thought to himself or maybe a higher intelligence was behind this and said hey "I'm going to appear to my aunt (who has always been good and avoids evil things and is very pious, prays rosary everyday and her afterlife is probably going to be great) and not appear to my brother (whos on the "wrong" road in life and who's life is messt up and it looks like the future is not good and is suicidal and is a skeptic although open to other possibilities by him seeing me he would turn his life around and be good and avoid evil and believe in a afterlife! and when he dies since he was good because he saw me were going to live happily ever after!) Seriously...

I could never forgive him for appearing to my aunt and not to me...

dammit...

Perhaps your brother knows you need help. Perhaps your Aunt can give you that help. You exist in a somewhat dark place at this point. Go with the flow. When your mind can accept such a visit he may visit you.

Answer this question to yourself, if he had appeared to you would you have believed or would yo have dismissed it as a dream / hallucination. Be honest to yourself, it is one of the most difficult things to do.

I think he may be trying to help you and this is the first step.

Talk to your Aunt, tell her where you are in life and tell her how you feel betrayed. Be nice, she didn't ask for this to happen to her, it just did.

P

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

it seems you only need validation....you already do believe. The validation you need is the proverbial "faith"

The thing is once you have it you no longer need it. Go figure.

Just realize what you want is for something or someone to say "you are right!"

That person needs to be you. I wouldn't make a whole issue out of it. You might get caught up in it all. That would be bad. Just live with it and let it grow with you.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

I can't believe she actually saw him because there is no way in hell he would appear to her and not to me. I mean that's sooo cruel. I would instantly believe in a afterlife if he only would have appeared to me. My aunt and I are not close and also she lives in another country.

I really do not understand your attitude here. It's not about you. You seem angry at a personal level because this guy did not appear to you. Maybe you simply do not deserve to see him. Maybe your aunt's faith is such that she can more easily perceive him than you, still a doubter, can. Your aunt already believes in an afterlife. She doesn't need the proof you seem to. In other words, you've got negative energy that must be overcome. It's simply easier to appear to her. The fact that you are not close to your aunt and that she lives in a different country isn't even a tiny bit relevant.

Also, this sighting has nothing to do with reincarnation. It has nothing to do with heaven and hell. If it means anything it all, it is just a confirmation for your aunt.

Now, is all this REALLY true? Did she suffer an hallucination? Is it just a figment of her imagination? Is this just all nonsense?

Who cares? It doesn't matter. It's a personal experience your aunt shared with you. If it makes her feel content in her faith, that's just fine. The only mistake your aunt has made is sharing the experience with you. Given the fact you are "not close" to your aunt and upset that this guy did not see fit to visit you instead, the only mystery is why she confided in you in the first place.

I am indeed angry , but I do not let it cloud my judgement/critical thinking. I probably wouldnt be the first "non deserving person" to see something supernatural.

It does have to mean something if this is true. I mean if its true and he appeared it obviously means there's an afterlife. So his somewhere or going somewhere? the most popular afterlife theories are reincarnation and heaven/hell..

Oh but it DOES matter to me if its true. It's really screwing with my mind and making me go insaaaane alalalalala. I need to know if all this is true so I can turn my life around and be a good person and prepare myself the best I can for the afterlife whatever it is and whatnot, or just live my life however I want and enjoy the only life I'll have. You see? it IS important

Problem is..how can I get to the bottom of this...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
Perhaps your brother knows you need help. Perhaps your Aunt can give you that help. You exist in a somewhat dark place at this point. Go with the flow. When your mind can accept such a visit he may visit you.

I think he may be trying to help you and this is the first step.

Talk to your Aunt, tell her where you are in life and tell her how you feel betrayed. Be nice, she didn't ask for this to happen to her, it just did.

Good advice from pheonix, your deception and unbelief has you very VERY confused.

Your thought about explaining this with Science is evidence of this.

This scenario has divine fingerprints all over it even though many believe that Catholic apparitions are demonic.

Spiritual events are NEVER random or accidental. Always remember that...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

I'm like doubting Thomas. I need to see in order to believe

Remember: The skeptic is always convincible.

Jesus came, although the doors were locked, and stood in their midst and said, “Peace be with you.” Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here and see my hands, and bring your hand and put it into my side, and do not be unbelieving, but believe.” Thomas answered and said to him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Have you come to believe because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed.”

Nice photo by the way.

The question on MY mind is...when am I going to "see Jesus and therefore believe" so to speak.

This doesn't work for me---> "blessed are those who have not seen and have believed." I NEED to SEE in order to BELIEVE.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ

it seems you only need validation....you already do believe. The validation you need is the proverbial "faith"

The thing is once you have it you no longer need it. Go figure.

Just realize what you want is for something or someone to say "you are right!"

That person needs to be you. I wouldn't make a whole issue out of it. You might get caught up in it all. That would be bad. Just live with it and let it grow with you.

I don't believe. I need validation and by that I mean I, myself, need to see/experience something supernatural in order to believe that an afterlife does in fact exist.

The faith will come AFTER what I mentioned above ^.
edit on 17-7-2012 by 0thetrooth0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I need to know if all this is true so I can turn my life around and be a good person and prepare myself the best I can for the afterlife whatever it is and whatnot, or just live my life however I want and enjoy the only life I'll have. You see? it IS important Problem is..how can I get to the bottom of this...

I see this as one more confirmation that this is God intervening in your life. I have seen this type of thing happen over and over.

Your sincere interest in finding real spiritual TRUTH is a divine magnet.

Reason: God knows more about us than WE do, that means EVERY single little detail of what we believe and know.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I need to know if all this is true so I can turn my life around and be a good person and prepare myself the best I can for the afterlife whatever it is and whatnot, or just live my life however I want and enjoy the only life I'll have. You see? it IS important Problem is..how can I get to the bottom of this...

I see this as one more confirmation that this is God intervening in your life. I have seen this type of thing happen over and over.

Your sincere interest in finding real spiritual TRUTH is a divine magnet.

Reason: God knows more about us than WE do, that means EVERY single little detail of what we believe and know.

What your saying is not adding up. How could my confusion and skepticism and me not seeing anything "supernatural" and "sinful" life suggest that God is intervening?

You said you've seen this happen over and over, how does it usually end?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I don't believe. I need validation and by that I mean I, myself, need to see/experience something supernatural in order to believe that an afterlife does in fact exist.

God knows EXACTLY what each of us need.

I was shown supernatural proof years ago that left NO question whatsoever that these things are real.

I now KNOW what is REAL, so can YOU...

It is not just belief to me, but KNOWLEDGE.

Make up your mind that you are GOING to find the TRUTH what EVER it takes.

Make it your life's GOAL...

I was NOT looking really but I was in a place of desperation emotionally and almost died at one point.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Honestly I understand why you feel this way....but it doesn't work like that.

Most have never seen anything supernatural, yet we still insist on religion.

If you need to see a physical thing in order to believe in a supernatural thing....then you don't believe and may never unless you change your way of thinking. Might be bad for you...I don't know. Faith can do messed up things to people who need other things first.

I don't know your situation but I will say this

If God could be understood by our dumb, backwards and fickle selves, then he wouldn't be God. He would be that guy or thing some people like. Kind of like Santa.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I am indeed angry , but I do not let it cloud my judgement/critical thinking. I probably wouldnt be the first "non deserving person" to see something supernatural.

So get over it. Anger is going to get you nowhere. It's not about YOU.

It does have to mean something if this is true. I mean if its true and he appeared it obviously means there's an afterlife. So his somewhere or going somewhere? the most popular afterlife theories are reincarnation and heaven/hell..

But this sighting doesn't address those theories. It's just a sighting.

Oh but it DOES matter to me if its true. It's really screwing with my mind and making me go insaaaane alalalalala. I need to know if all this is true so I can turn my life around and be a good person and prepare myself the best I can for the afterlife whatever it is and whatnot, or just live my life however I want and enjoy the only life I'll have. You see? it IS important Problem is..how can I get to the bottom of this...

You have ALL the information you need. There is no more information to be had. The sighting was to your aunt, not you. She told you about it. Believe it or don't believe it. You appear to be all wrapped up with yourself in a ball of angst and anger over this. And then you argue with people here when they try to help you understand. The best thing you could do is shut up and listen for a change, but you don't appear to be ready to do that. That fact that you would live your life one way of you believed in an afterlife and another way if you did not says a lot about your character.

The reason your brother appeared to your aunt and not you is because you are not deserving. She is.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

God knows EXACTLY what each of us need.

I was shown supernatural proof years ago that left NO question whatsoever that these things are real.

I now KNOW what is REAL, so can YOU...

It is not just belief to me, but KNOWLEDGE.

Make up your mind that you are GOING to find the TRUTH what EVER it takes.

Make it your life's GOAL...

I was NOT looking really but I was in a place of desperation emotionally and almost died at one point.

So I have to be in a place of desperation and almost die in order for God to let me see something? I am already there kinda and if I dont see something I WILL defintely be there.

I am in a moment of desperation confusion angry scared etc and suicidal. I need to see supernatural proof and I need it ASAP.

I've been a TRUTH seeker for the past few years. I think I deserve to see something and God knows that I deserve it. I believe I've earned it.

I cant make it my lifes goal. For all I know this is the only life I'll have? As it stands this the ONLY life I know I'll have so why waste it?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It might have been a hallucination produced by her mindset or it might have been the real deal. If real, those passed over certainly don't have any duty to come back to prove anything to you! Your reaction to this beggars belief but I am guessing you are young in that everything has to be about YOU. It was real to her and you may never know if it was objectively real. Just let it go. Why do you think you have to do ANYTHING?

edit on 17-7-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I would definately believe her. Like you say, why would she lie?

I gotta share my experience with ats.

Two years ago I had been widowed for 20 years, my husband committed suicide in 1990 and I have always thought about him and how much he has missed out on. We had 3 young kids and they had to grow up without him.

One particular night two years ago, I was sound asleep in my bed and dreaming, when all of a sudden my husband appeared (in my dream). I remember just looking at him, speechless, silent, wide-eyed and gawping, and then he said 'hey gel, you're gonna be ok .. .. . you'll be ok'. I looked back at him and wondered what he meant, but he just disappeared as quick as he'd appeared.

When I woke up the next morning I remembered this dream instantly and vividly, and I wondered for a few weeks what he could have meant. I didn't have anything going on in my life that I should be concerned about, so I let it go and decided not to worry about it.

Three months later:
My car broke down and I couldn't afford to have it fixed.
Then around the same time as the car problems, I lost my job.
Losing my job meant I couldn't pay my mortgage, I couldn't get another job and last year my home was repossessed.

Throughout all this the stress and strain was almost unbearable, and at one stage I thought I might be heading for a breakdown, but I kept remembering my dream and that my husband said I would be ok. It is what got me through the whole year-long mess.

That bad time is behind me now. I still have no job, no car, and I don't own my home (rented), and I am flat broke. But these are just material possessions, and I made myself ill with the worry of losing them. I realise now that I dont need these things to be happy - hanging on to them only made me miserable and unhappy. To be honest, I am relieved I am broke, no-one can take anything else from me because I have nothing left for anyone to take.

My husband was correct, I am ok.

Thank you Mark Alan Dolan, R.I.P. Always remembered. Always in my prayers
xxx

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

What your saying is not adding up.

Things will ONLY begin to "add up" when you know the truth (speaking from experience here)

How could my confusion and skepticism and me not seeing anything "supernatural" and "sinful" life suggest that God is intervening?

God will do what EVER it takes for us to find the truth. He cares about us THAT much.

Like I said, your interest in finding real spiritual TRUTH will cause God to begin to cause supernatural things to happen.

You said you've seen this happen over and over, how does it usually end?

God can answer that question FAR better than I can and asking Him is ALWAYS the best thing.

Not being cocky or trying to avoid the question, it is profound, and one that I will have to think about before just throwing out what may just seem ridiculous.

The important thing to understand is that He knows the end from the beginning.

He sees where you are headed.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
It might have been a hallucination produced by her mindset or it might have been the real deal. If real, those passed over certainly don't have any duty to come back to prove anything to you! Your reaction to this beggars belief but I am guessing you are young in that everything has to be about YOU. It was real to her and you may never know if it was objectively real. Just let it go. Why do you think you have to do ANYTHING?

edit on 17-7-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

I am 21... I dont know if thats good or bad....

I mean he should/could/must have appeared to me before ever appearing to her, just saying...

"Why do you think you have to do ANYTHING?"

I need to know if all this is true so I can turn my life around and be a good person and prepare myself the best I can for the afterlife whatever it is and whatnot, or just live my life however I want and enjoy the only life I'll have.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I am in a moment of desperation confusion angry scared etc and suicidal. I need to see supernatural proof and I need it ASAP.

okay now your treading into drama. Your Aunt had a sighting and you didn't..."suicide"? really?

I've been a TRUTH seeker for the past few years. I think I deserve to see something and God knows that I deserve it. I believe I've earned it.

deserve....?

your entitlement mindset is concrete

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

So I have to be in a place of desperation and almost die in order for God to let me see something? I am already there kinda and if I dont see something I WILL defintely be there.

I believe everyone has a minds eye but we all keep it closed because it would distract too much from 'normal' life. Besides the minds eye there are other things like the minds ear, touch, nose. They are usually all closed because well they are not taught to be used and they are not used automatically like the physical senses. Most people never get to learn how to use them or go insane or get confused when they accidentally use them. That's why I believe the Church doesn't want people to learn about it, it should be left to specialists like monks and nuns who devote their lives to it even if they don't ever fully learn how to use them or receive only a few visions.

It might be because of age your aunt has somehow learned how to tap into it which lead to seeing your brother. But that is her vision, whether or not you believe her shouldn't make a difference to her. You didn't see it yourself, I don't believe you should accept her truth as your truth but just respect the fact she believes she did.

Who knows, maybe your brother did visit you but your mental eye was closed at the time.

I believe one doesn't earn it at all by the grace of some other being although others can help get what you want but it's up to the individual to actually 'get it'. If it is earned it should be by doing good deeds, preferably for others.

I cant make it my lifes goal. For all I know this is the only life I'll have? As it stands this the ONLY life I know I'll have so why waste it?

I wouldn't recommend it either, not unless you have a calling and if you did you wouldn't be asking others but just made up your mind on your own. But for what it is worth I hope you see your brother, maybe in a dream.
edit on 17/7/2012 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join