It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My aunt saw my brother(he passed away 10 years ago) What am I suppose to do?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
My aunt is a hardcore Catholic. She was talking on the phone with someone when it occured. She said he appeared and she asked him " What do you want to tell me?". She said he gave him no response. He was dressed in white and smiled, and a few moments later vanished. This helped to confirmed my aunts faith...

I obviously dont know if she was hallucinating or some other brain malfunction or something. What am I suppose to make if this?

One of the reans its hard for me to believe that she actually saw him is that why in the world would he appear to her and not to me!? We were/are brothers I mean its like wtf. I think I was closer to him than my aunt. I'm also kind of on the "dark" side in life and a big skeptic of anything paranormal/metaphysical including that we survive after death. You'd think he would appear to me and clear my doubts. The effects would be that now I would know that an afterlife does exist...

If we suppose that in fact this event was paranormal does this help to confirm reincarnation or heaven/hell? My thoughts on this is that it helps the heaven/hell theory because why in the world would he appear to my aunt knowing she is Catholic and would only confirm her faith. If reincarnation is true, wouldn't he already have been reincarnated by now?

Personally I dont believe that she actually saw him, um I can't seem to find an explanation though damit.

What are your thoughts on everything said here?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
My thoughts are that your aunt is maybe craving attention or something along those lines. Maybe she is super controlling and likes to be in control of her familys faith.

My guess is the first answer but I don't know the women so I suppose you will need to work it out for your self.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

She just told my mom and me. She said she didn't tell the rest of the family because they would think she is crazy.

I can't find a reason why she would lie.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well, if I were you, I would believe your aunt. People who have passed on appear to those who are most receptive. Just because you were brothers doesn't mean that you can see him. Perhaps he has tried to appear and your brain just wasn't on the right wavelength.

Typically, when people see ghosts, they appear in white or light-colored clothing, tend to be luminous, and don't say anything. Personally, I believe your aunt. Some people can see ghosts easily and others cannot, so I wouldn't assume that she is lying, or trying to get attention, or that somehow your brother cares more for her than you.

Your brother is saying that he is at peace, is in a good place, and loves you all. Your aunt was lucky enough to see his manifestation. Take comfort from it, and know that when your time comes, you will be together again.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

I believe that reality is how we perceive it. If you believe in something you see it and if you don't, well, you have a tendency to overlook it. Perhaps the reason your brother appeared to your Aunt and not you is because she was open to the idea, or believed, that it could happen where as you are more closed to the idea. Maybe that WAS his way of appearing to you, letting you know that there is, in fact, something more. Maybe reincarnation, if it exist, doesn't happen right away, but rather an individual waits for the rest of his/her family to get there first before starting over so they can all do it together. Keep an open mind about anything and everything. As soon as you start to close it you're going to miss things that would help you understand.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

maybe the test of faith is that you have to take her word for it, and truly trust in her and believe her word for it, for what she saw.

maybe your brother said "ill visit her, i don't have too much time, but big G said it was ok, she will tell my brother, and all will be well"

maybe thats what happened.

and hey: whatever religion your a part of, trust me, there is definitely a G and he/she (whatever G is) loves us very much, you just have to have an open mind, its different for everyone.

peace.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

If you can't find a reason why she would lie, and she has stated "don't tell any other family because they would think I am crazy" then you either have to believe her or you don't.

Maybe your brother appeared to her because she was more "open" to his appearance than you or your mother. Being skeptical has it's disadvantages.

It does not necessarily mean that the appearance "confirms her faith or beliefs" but does seem to confirm that she is open and accepting of an appearance because of her faith.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
A quick reply now and I will give it some further thought fr you, I suffer insomnia and it is the middle of the night here.

There are a number of possible explanations. She thinks she saw him or she actually did or she has a great need at this point in her life to obtain YOUR attention.

1. She thinks she saw him (and you would believe she didn't, call it a hallucination). In her reality she did see your brother. I suggest you support her in this. Sure, acknowledge your own beliefs but also acknowledge hers. 100 people can see the same event and come out with 100 versions. The major point here is that the individuals point of view is as valid to them as yours is to you. Again, be supportive.

2. She actually saw him. To be a trifle blunt, you are jealous! Just acknowledge the emotion and accept it within yourself. Perhaps her life is terrible at this point in time and she badly needed her intervention. Perhaps your brother, knowing your beliefs is working through her, perhaps you and your Aunt are close or need to be close. Trying to fathom this scenario is difficult. I would recommend that you "go with the flow." Be accepting and supportive.

3. Attention seeking. She needs help so provide it without taking over. Hmm, here we go again,
be supportive.

I hope that helps a little. I saw the ghost of my next door neighbor and so did my German Shepperd. I could go into details but suffice to say that in my reality I KNOW with absolute clarity that there is life after death, due to this one event and the fact that I felt the deaths of both my Father and my Foster Father, both at a young age. (11 and 13)

So I do not have the misgivings you have. Having been abused as a child by a mob of Penguins (Catholic Nuns) I have no empathy for any Church. That does not mean that God does not exist. There are no certainties in these areas of belief but the one common denominator in my suggestions is to provide support for your Aunt. Some faiths, Buddhism comes to mind, believe that the soul recombines for a short time with your previous lives before taking another turn at the wheel of life. The spirit of your brother could now be existing in a much more aware form with enormousness wisdom.

Suggest you read this reply over a few days to let it sink in. You need to consider it in light of your own reality!

Hope this helps

P

Edit: While I was typing this reply six other people replied! I hope one of us helps !
edit on 17-7-2012 by pheonix358 because: needed to add

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0
My aunt is a hardcore Catholic. She was talking on the phone with someone when it occured. She said he appeared and she asked him " What do you want to tell me?". She said he gave him no response.

Same thing happened to my mom - - she was on the phone when her sister appeared.

Do? Do what?

What is there to do?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
My friend, there is already much wisdom in all the replies you have received to this point. Consider all of the different points of view. They are all valid realities.

P

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
sometimes we have to believe first in order to see...

interesting thread op.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
What number did all these people dial ?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I can't believe she actually saw him because there is no way in hell he would appear to her and not to me. I mean that's sooo cruel. I would instantly believe in a afterlife if he only would have appeared to me. My aunt and I are not close and also she lives in another country.

I just cannot believe that it was actually him and he thought to himself or maybe a higher intelligence was behind this and said hey "I'm going to appear to my aunt (who has always been good and avoids evil things and is very pious, prays rosary everyday and her afterlife is probably going to be great) and not appear to my brother (whos on the "wrong" road in life and who's life is messt up and it looks like the future is not good and is suicidal and is a skeptic although open to other possibilities by him seeing me he would turn his life around and be good and avoid evil and believe in a afterlife! and when he dies since he was good because he saw me were going to live happily ever after!) Seriously...

I could never forgive him for appearing to my aunt and not to me...

dammit...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Two possibilities basically:

1) Angel (good or bad)

2) Human (sent on a divine mission from Heaven or Earth)

Many are unaware that Heaven's inhabitants are frequently sent to Earth on divine "missions". There are many who have seen clear evidence of this. One of those is is Rebecca Springer who wrote a book describing what she saw:

"She explains how Heaven's inhabitants are frequently engaged in missions or tasks that are an extension of God's callings and gifting in their earth-life."

Because the book was written in 1898, it can be read online for free here.

"Within the Gates" (formerly titled "Intra Muros"), which was originally published in 1898, is based on the 19th century vision of heaven by Rebecca Springer (1832-1904).

"Within the Gates" (formerly titled "Intra Muros" after the Latin for the same phrase and originally published in 1895) is the remarkable account of author Rebecca Springer's experience of being taken to Heaven in her spirit while her body lay dying and unconscious for several weeks. This is an excellent book to give to grieving family members.

The copyright has long since expired and the PDF can be found here and here

A couple of Amazon Reviews:

Joel A. Glovier "JAG"

"Within the Gates" (formerly titled "Intra Muros" after the Latin for the same phrase and originally published in 1895) is the remarkable account of author Rebecca Springer's experience of being taken to Heaven in her spirit while her body lay dying and unconscious for several weeks.

Springer recounts in vivid detail the things which she saw, heard and tasted in Heaven. She also talks of family and loved ones with whom she was immediately reunited with. She describes meeting Jesus (the Master) for the first time and His incredible love for all of Heaven's inhabitants, as well as His concern for those still on Earth. She describes the heavenly mansions and dwelling places and the way that nothing in Heaven is impure or corrupt. "Not an atom of debris, nor even dust, was visible anywhere," she describes.

She explains how Heaven's inhabitants are frequently engaged in missions or tasks that are an extension of God's callings and gifting in their earth-life. She recounts how artists, musicians, authors and speakers all practice their skills regularly, honing them to perfection with the goal of continuing to use them for God's honor throughout eternity. She even describes her experience of corporate worship at a heavenly temple, and recalling how there were no churches or denominations in Heaven, just one faith for all.

Jackie M. Sthilaire

During a very severe illness, Rebecca found herself alone with no one at her side and needing comfort turned to Jesus. Jesus was at her side and led her to the "promised land" where she was taken to visit relatives and friends who had passed over.

Her description of several "mansions" that have been prepared for the newly departed is very comforting and one realizes that we are just a "heartbeat" away from the other side.

The "refreshing water" from the lake where one is renewed and refreshed after passing over is very illuminating.

Google search

Ian Clayton has been sent on many supernatural "rescue" missions:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

It's see in order to believe, not believe then see.

According to a certain passage in the bible who knows if its authentic, Thomas didnt believe in Jesus and when he appeared then he actually believed in him. I'm like doubting Thomas. I need to see in order to believe. I mean if Thomas didnt believe Jesus was son of God did miracles etc. and he lived at the time of Jesus why in the world should I believe in anything unless I see it?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

well I wouldn't worry about who he may have appeared to...maybe she needed to see him more than you...you said it reaffirmed her faith...that could be it.

Also being a skeptic and constantly bombarded with the occult or paranormal actually hinders spiritual development. It gives answers or searches for them. Developing higher spirituality is about finding better questions and thinking accordingly with what made you find them.

Either way it is a blessing. Be happy. He was.

Peace you...have a great day

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

maybe the test of faith is that you have to take her word for it, and truly trust in her and believe her word for it, for what she saw.

maybe your brother said "ill visit her, i don't have too much time, but big G said it was ok, she will tell my brother, and all will be well"

maybe thats what happened.

and hey: whatever religion your a part of, trust me, there is definitely a G and he/she (whatever G is) loves us very much, you just have to have an open mind, its different for everyone.

peace.

He knows I'm not going to believe her, why would he do this, sorry no. God or him wouldent do such a harsh thing to me by appearing to my aunt instead of me! bs, there has to be a natural/scientific explanation for this so what is it?

This is really raping my mind dammit.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

She is already a strong Catholic I mean if she him or not it wouldent matter. She will always and will die being a Catholic. She did not need to see in him any way shape or form, I, on the other hand, DO need to see him. I need/needed to see him in order for me to believe in an afterlife.

She did not gain anything by seeing him, I, on the other hand, would have gained alooooot.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

What do you mean by "what number did all these people dial"?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0
I can't believe she actually saw him because there is no way in hell he would appear to her and not to me. I mean that's sooo cruel. I would instantly believe in a afterlife if he only would have appeared to me. My aunt and I are not close and also she lives in another country.

I really do not understand your attitude here. It's not about you. You seem angry at a personal level because this guy did not appear to you. Maybe you simply do not deserve to see him. Maybe your aunt's faith is such that she can more easily perceive him than you, still a doubter, can. Your aunt already believes in an afterlife. She doesn't need the proof you seem to. In other words, you've got negative energy that must be overcome. It's simply easier to appear to her. The fact that you are not close to your aunt and that she lives in a different country isn't even a tiny bit relevant.

Also, this sighting has nothing to do with reincarnation. It has nothing to do with heaven and hell. If it means anything it all, it is just a confirmation for your aunt.

Now, is all this REALLY true? Did she suffer an hallucination? Is it just a figment of her imagination? Is this just all nonsense?

Who cares? It doesn't matter. It's a personal experience your aunt shared with you. If it makes her feel content in her faith, that's just fine. The only mistake your aunt has made is sharing the experience with you. Given the fact you are "not close" to your aunt and upset that this guy did not see fit to visit you instead, the only mystery is why she confided in you in the first place.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join