It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These Obama Bloopers Get a Pass by Liberal Media

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I was watching The FIVE on Fox News last night and one of the panelists showed a brief video compilation of some of Obama's speech bloopers.

And it got me thinking...

Aside from finding these bloopers rather amusing at first, as they continued, I found my feelings turning to embarrassment that this is the President of the world's only superpower...and that he represents, supposedly, the best and brightest this country has to offer (He's a Harvard man, you know).

Finally, I was angry, after becoming aware at how almost criminal the mainstream media's double standard towards how it portrays our Presidents truly is.
Some of Obama's gaffs actually show a true lack of basic intelligence, along with an incredible general ignorance towards the country to which he is charged with leading.

Yet, these glaring examples of ignorance are almost completely ignored and/or swept under the rug by the liberal mainstream media. Were even one of these speaking gaffs to have been spoken by a republican candidate or President, the media would have run with it 'ad nauseum'; remember Dan Quayle spelling 'Potato'...(...or is it 'Potatoe'?

Qualye was destroyed by that...and forever labled a moron as a result of the media playing it over and over again.

I tried to find a video of the compilation from Fox last night, but couldn't; the link listed below has many of them, however.

Take a look at some of these Obama Gaffs...and tell me if they make misspelling potato look trivial by comparison.

Seriously, I thought Obama was actually an intelligent man before this.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 17-7-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
When you have to deliver speeches on a daily basis, you can't always be on your game and you're going to mess up now and then.

The media using gaffes to make a politicians look bad is pretty weak, really.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

oh no, i cannot watch it where i live.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
When you have to deliver speeches on a daily basis, you can't always be on your game and you're going to mess up now and then.

The media using gaffes to make a politicians look bad is pretty weak, really.

Sure, I understand that...to some extent your argument applies. However, some of these go waaay beyond a basic teleprompter mistake. They illustrate a basic lack of understanding and intellectual shortcoming.

I'm also speaking of double standards here, vis-a-vis the mainstream media.
I voted for Obama...but I just can't again.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The Democrat dominated mass media used Bush's gaffes to portray him as a blathering idiot (which most here on ATS bought hook, line and sinker), while they bury or otherwise dismiss all of Obama's gaffes. You see because Obama's gaffes aren't proof that he's an idiot. that's only true of Republicans. Its actually quite amazing how many ATS members are pretty much MSM drones who claim to "deny ignorance".

The media does the same on a host of other issues:

-The economy (much better numbers were decried, while now the media spins everything as positive)
-Gitmo (haven't heard a thing about that since Obama took office)
-The wars
-High unemployment
-Gas prices (Remember how the media would complain about gas prices like every day for years?)
edit on 17-7-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I don't think these gaffes illustrate a lack of understanding and intellectual shortcoming. Without context, it's hard to tell... could be a bad speech-writer, or he was given some misinformation... who knows.

That being said, I would much rather see the presidential candidates on Jeopardy than watch debates.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
The Democrat dominated mass media used Bush's gaffes to portray him as a blathering idiot (which most here on ATS bought hook, line and sinker), while they bury or otherwise dismiss all of Obama's gaffes. You see because Obama's gaffes aren't proof that he's an idiot. that's only true of Republicans.

Its actually quite amazing how many ATS members are pretty much MSM drones who claim to "deny ignorance".

What you say about how Bush was portrayed by the media is absolutely true. It just seems very wrong that the media should be so selective about who it slams for a gaff. This is to all of our detriment.

YES, I know that's just how it is (The Media IS 99% liberal)...but, seriously, IF ANY candidate or President (OF EITHER POLITICAL PARTY) was exhibiting only a 3rd grade understanding of basic United States geography, shouldn't they consider that IMPORTANT?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
You enter the spotlight, give speech after speech and eventually you are going flub.

It is not difficult to make a "greatest hits" of those flubs for any President.

Watch Fox News and expect to be fed nonsense,

During the Bush administration it was left-bias media (not mainstream) that hammered on those flubs, during the Obama administration it is FOX, Rush and crew.

Why not look for news that actually focuses on real, important issues? And maybe save your indignation for News shows that don't provide that?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Obama apparently was a mediocre student who benefited from affirmative action and inside help to get where he wanted to go. As the first black editor of the Harvard Law Review, it is a fact that he never published ANYTHING. In fact, his books have been ghost-written (Bill Ayers said on national TV that he wrote Obama's "Dreams From My Father"). He is an excellent actor and orates well when he sees the words in front of him, but I don't believe that he is exceptionally intelligent academically.....just socially.

Dubya apparently was a mediocre student who benefited from his family's wealth and inside help to get to where he wanted to go. He is a poor actor and orates poorly as well, although he was able to read the teleprompter effectively enough, using inflammatory language to scare people. I don't believe that he is exceptionally intelligent academically....just socially. A real good B.S.er.

What have we learned from the past 12 years of mediocrity? America is devolving into a bunch of idiots, who can be swayed by acting, even if it isn't that good. This next election is going to be painful to watch.

I voted for Obama as well. I was happy to see equality. Now I know that it was only an opportunity for somebody with a darker skin color to be equally stupid, corrupt and evil.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

I agree, i think they should make a game show out of it instead. a cross between jeopordy (where they have to answer tough questions) and survivor (where they have to live on an island together and compete in physical challanges for food.) Then whoever is left standing wins!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I watch CNN and local news as well (Not just FOX)...and I stand by my points.
I mean, C'MON...Obama LIVED in Hawaii...and he thinks that Pearl Harbor was NUKED...?!?!?!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
reply to post by Indigo5

I watch CNN and local news as well (Not just FOX)...and I stand by my points.
I mean, C'MON...Obama LIVED in Hawaii...and he thinks that Pearl Harbor was NUKED...?!?!?!

He said..."From the bomb that fell on Pearl Harbor"

He didn't say it was a nuke...he left off the "s"

If you think that is a major blooper then you have issues.

Your claiming that he said Pearl Harbor was nuked is a eff-up...dropping an "s"?? That is really small-time desperate IMHO.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

You're right. My bad...with apologies.
Good thing I'M not President.
At least I KNOW there are only 50 states.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

You're right. My bad...with apologies.
Good think I'M not President. At least I KNOW there are only 50 states.

No worries. As far as bloopers go, this reel seems to be reaching.

Item two...his speech in Las Cruces in 08...he says that his great uncle was part of the Brigade that liberated "Auschwitz" when "Auschwitz" was liberated by the soviets.

I found the speech which included this correction..

Obama's campaign clarified the comments about the candidate's great-uncle liberating Auschwitz, saying Obama was "mistaken," and was referring to Buchenwald, not Auschwitz.

...so he got the camps mixed up. Still, this seems no big deal to me when compared to past bloopers like GHW Bush throwing up on a Japanese Prime Minister or some of the crazy "Bushisms"

That said...I would cut GW a break for even some of the crazy things he said like..
""Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

or

""Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"

And I would cut our current POTUS a break as well...good for laughs, but if you find yourself outraged, you need to lighten-up. Imagine if your every word was televised.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

You're a compassionate individual, I can see that.
It is true that we all make mistakes...but rarely are they broadcast across the planet (I concede that point to you). However, my gist here was regarding media double standards...and how unevenly they are applied.

Grant me, please, that you also found Obama's lack of understanding regarding basic U.S. geography (60 states?)...at least somewhat alarming.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
That was hysterical and if I were an American, it would be very embarrassing. Yes some are just bloopers, but some are just big failures.

P

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

You're a compassionate individual, I can see that.
It is true that we all make mistakes...but rarely are they broadcast across the planet (I concede that point to you). However, my gist here was regarding media double standards...and how unevenly they are applied.

Grant me, please, that you also found Obama's lack of understanding regarding basic U.S. geography (60 states?)...at least somewhat alarming.

Media "double standards"??? What standards? That is my issue. They aren't double-standards, they simply lack them these days.

I have a hard time granting you your second claim, cuz honestly...if Bush was granted a do-over on most of his bloopers I am sure he would do fine.

My point is that you can't obviously believe that Pres. Obama didn't in fact know how many states there are? He mis-spoke...it happens.

When Palin claimed that Paul Revere....
""He who warned uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."

Now...THAT was real ignorance...and compounded by her not backing down when given a do-over and trying to make a case that Paul Revere di warn the British.

THe 50 states thing was a tired voice and mind, not ignorance....IMO, you are welcome to disagree.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

reply to post by Indigo5

THe 50 states thing was a tired voice and mind, not ignorance....IMO, you are welcome to disagree.

I'm afraid I must disagree, but thanks for your thoughtful analysis.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
10 times less entertaining than King George Bush's bloopers. They were even hard to catch. George is still the king.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I don't think you are right at all. I ever see on tv when it comes to Obama is how everything he does sucks. There is more negative Obama news on tv then I remember about Bush

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join