It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God and ufos

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
No offence to anyone this is my view only...

Why do christians even consider the idea of ufos and aliens when the idea simply completely contradicts EVERYTHING they're taught?

I guess its like everything that questions their "faith"
Satan did it.....

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Plus,
If god does exist he must be some sort of other worldly or interdimensional alien.
After what he taught the human race, constantly calling them sheep, forbidding the tree of knowledge etc.
Why would anyone praise that? I'd rather live in north korea

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

Hi Wongbeedman

I think that the Book religions (Christianity, Islam, & Judaism) correlate the UFO's with Revelations and the coming of the end of days. Anti-christ, false prophets, tribulation, and the return of Christ. Angels and demons and all that. God rolling in and opening up the skies to judge wickedness. And although I am not Christian, make no mistake, mankind is wicked.

It's fitting enough. Revelations was written as a self-fulfilling prophecy after all.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Amen to that, pretty well said, I agree

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

True there is no doubt mankind is wicked. And no doubt the bible teaches good things.
I just dont get the commitment thing like "faith" seems to be more like "hope" to them. I guess its impossible to imagine having a closed mind when i cant help but consider every possibility.
I definately let it bug me more than it should haha

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Aliens and Dinosaurs. The classic double whammy. Ask away though - Christians are continously working on the party line.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

there are ufos in the bible.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 17-7-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

You mean there MAY be ufos in the bible.
Wht the bible says they are is most likely what thure supposed to be.
I admit the wheels within wheels one and solomans temple or whatever its called is very interesting.
But that next to the retarded animal hybrid mutant thing just discredits it completely in my mind.
You can interpret parts of the bible in so many different ways you can literally turn it into star wars or adventures in narnia if you like

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Theres also a hand coming out of the clouds....

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
A lot of the descriptions and pictures look like depiction of machines. As for hybrids, Ancient Alien Proponents claim these weird animals are bio-genetically engineered species, I am not as certain as them that they are since this is highly speculative.

When creature looks like nothing seen so far, it is likely to be completely from another planet but when it has features of known animals it is hard to think other planets have things looking exactly like here.

On the other hand, a lecture of Timothy Good talks about how human colonies exist elsewhere in the universe, that is others also humans, then why not animals looking like Earth's animals to be living elsewhere. Theoretically it's possilbe

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

See with teh ancient aliens theory it seems completely possible.
When the series started i loved it and was like why havent i heard of this idea before!
And i admit its still a really valid explanation. The trouble is most of its based on the woks of zecharia sitchen (im sure you know) and his translations of the ancient sumarian (excuse my spelling in unsure) tablets, the thing is he makes massive claims based on speculation and majority of his translations are simply mistranslated.
Most of the main points in the ancient aliens thoery are based on mistranslations.
I simply couldnt bring myself to blindly believe what he claimed after it had pretty much been proved dodgy.
As for von daniken the same can almost be said (i wonder how good his english actually is) he hates people questioning his claims and again makes huge statements based on very poor evidence.
I reckon back in the 80s when the idea cane about (correct me if im wrong) it seemed like the perfect explanation for religion/ ancient history etc. i think he might have had second thougthts only now he cant exactly stand up and say "ok i may have got some things wrong", he never has and never will

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I think you could see the Christian God as an extra-terrestrial intelligence since, according to scripture, he created the Earth and heavens

Perhaps some fundamentalists might regard that statement as blasphemous, because it implies that God is limited to some physical realm, but I think we now have quite a wide definition of extra-terrestrial that incorporates the idea of extra-dimensional entities from higher realms

The first commandment states "Thou shalt have no other gods before me" so a Christian could not worship aliens as gods but I don't recall anything in scripture that forbids the acknowledgment of extra-terrestrial intelligences which are themselves limited to some physcial realm

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I still think its a better explanation than what religions tell us but we can never be sure and we'll never know

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
True there is no doubt mankind is wicked.

If by "no doubt" you mean "lots of debate," and by "wicked" you mean "freakin' awesome," then I agree with you completely.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It's really quite simple. "Aliens" May simply be Demons or Angels that travel from the spirit realm into the physical realm. Or interdimensional travel.
God himself would obviously be capable of much more than what they are limited to.

You can't say you are open to all posibilities, but write Christianity off as nonsense.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I guess Christians adopt the theory because when taking the UFO phenomena as a whole, it's the most cohesive fit out there.

In Passport to Magonia Dr. Jacques Valle demonstrated quite clearly that whatever it is, it's been with us since recorded history. The link will take you to a PDF of the entire book, btw. Highly recommended for anyone who hasn't read it.

An article from Fortean Times by Dr. David Clarke titled Flying Saucers from Hell gives a balanced view of some of the issues/reasons and tells the story of some of Britain's finest ufologists--including Lord Hill-Norton & Gordon Creighton--who started out secularists and of the ETH persuasion but finally came to conclude the phenomenon was indeed demonic in origin.

Some also find Enoch & the Nephilim relevant.

And then there's the following:

"But the UFO phenomenon simply does not behave like extraterrestrial visitors. It actually molds itself in order to fit a given culture."
- John Ankerberg, The Facts on UFOs and Other Supernatural Phenomena, p. 10

"Human beings are under the control of a strange force that bends them in absurd ways, forcing them to play a role in a bizarre game of deception." 
- Dr. Jacques Vallee, Messengers of Deception, p. 20

"We are dealing with a multidimensional paraphysical phenomenon which is largely indigenous to planet earth." 
- Brad Steiger, [cited in] Blue Book Files Released in Canadian UFO Report, Vol. 4, No. 4, 1977, p. 20

"We are part of a symbiotic relationship with something which disguises itself as an extra-terrestrial invasion so as not to alarm us." 
-Terrence McKenna [from a lecture]

"One theory which can no longer be taken very seriously is that UFOs are interstellar spaceships." 
- Arthur C. Clarke, New York Times Book Review, 07/27/75

"There seems to be no evidence yet that any of these craft or beings originate from outer space." 
-Gordon Creighton, Official 1992 Flying Saucer Review Policy Statement

"A large part of the available UFO literature is closely linked with mysticism and the metaphysical. It deals with subjects like mental telepathy, automatic writing and invisible entities as well as phenomena like poltergeist [ghost] manifestation and 'possession.' Many of the UFO reports now being published in the popular press recount alleged incidents that are strikingly similar to demonic possession and psychic phenomena." 
- Lynn E. Catoe, UFOs and Related Subjects: USGPO, 1969; prepared under AFOSR Project Order 67-0002 and 68-0003
"
UFO behaviour is more akin to magic than to physics as we know it... the modern UFOnauts and the demons of past days are probably identical." 
-Dr. Pierre Guerin, FSR Vol. 25, No. 1, p. 13-14

"The UFO manifestations seem to be, by and large, merely minor variations of the age-old demonological phenomenon..." 
- John A. Keel, UFOs: Operation Trojan Horse, p. 299

"A working knowledge of occult science...is indispensable to UFO investigation." 
-Trevor James, FSR Vol. 8, No. 1, p.10

www.mt.net...

Many more interesting quotes from an eclectic group of folk in the link above. Since you're interested in trying to understand, OP, I'll leave a couple more links that make fascinating reading below.

Demons in Aliens Clothing

Ritual Magic, Mind Control and the UFO Phenomenon

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Star for you Gut, pretty acurate I'd say.

OP, not a single fact about UFOs or Aliens and what we actually know contradicts anything about Christianity. It is in the Bible that Demons have, and will continue to set themselves up as gods to be worshiped. A very popular idea for the Ancient Astronuaght theroy is that these were aliens in the past. The book of Enoch goes into a little more detail about the Watchers. Their offspring also have some interesting posibilities.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Actually many Christians believe that the UFOs aren't aliens but demonic entities posing as them as part of a great grand deception to mislead people away from God.

Chuck Missler is one of the best arguers of the point.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman

I still think its a better explanation than what religions tell us but we can never be sure and we'll never know

That is fair enough, I do not believe in Ancient Aliens either, I only consider that theory possible and more logical explanations than the literal or lack of interpretation at all of religious texts

I judge by how native Americans called the first trains iron horses and tribes use daily words to describe something they do not understand, and how there are pictures of objects sometimes looking like those UFOs

I haven't read any books of Sitchin or Daniken thus these are my own conclusions based on my own observation
edit on 17-7-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Because it would make reality "less" funny or meaningful somehow

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join