It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People wasting there lives i.e drug addicts ..alcoholics..scum bags etc..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CallYourBluff

None of them ...just a guy that has little time for people that are weak and selfish, forcing there problems onto others for all to see.

E

link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK

I won't justify your ignorance by responding any further than this post.

Vise, is now, always has been, and always will be part of the human condition. Everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE has one. Wether it be hording, shopping, religion, drugs and or alcohol...etc so by judging your fellow man for performing the exact same vise driven conduct only shows how low you think of yourself, however you can't come to terms with it, so you project the bad you see in yourself on others.

BTW, this is common amongst us mere mortals who more often than not make a thing called a mistake. Only difference is, those " scumbags " aren't judging your errant behavior, they are just trying to drink themselves to death because the loss of their loved one/ones or whatever their particular trouble is to much for them to come to terms with. This is not uncommon, matter of fact, almost everyone might fall into the abyss given the right stimuli.

So try to lighten up man, don't be judgmental, any of those people might have lost more in their lives than most could deal with.

link   

AGREE WITH THAT! and on that note im out here! BYE!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by EqualizerUK
reply to post by Allegory of Illumination

Actors I like Tom Hardy, people i look up to are Malcolm X, MLK....singers i like alot of different people....from Jonny Cash to Coldplay.

E

Malcolm X - What an influential and revered figure.
VIP - Malcolm X

The first liquor I drank, my first cigarettes, even my first reefers, I can't specifically remember.

He excelled at his job for which he would show up "loud and wild and half-high on liquor and reefers."

After he lost his bartending job in New York for connecting an undercover cop with a prostitute, Malcolm turned to "peddling reefers." Some merchant seamen he knew supplied him with " gunja and kisca smuggled in from Africa and Persia," and "musicians, among whom I had so many good contacts, were the heaviest consistent market for reefers." On his first night, he was able to pay back the friend who had staked his business.

"In every band, at least half of the musicians smoked reefers," he wrote. "I'm not going to list names; I'd have to include some of those most prominent then in popular music, even a number of them around today. In one case, every man in one of the bands which is still famous was on marijuana. Or again, any number of musicians could tell you who I mean when I say that one of the most famous singers smoked his reefers through a chicken thighbone. He had smoked so many though the bone that he could just light a match before the empty bone, draw the heat through, and get what he called a 'contact' high."

Malcolm was soon making $50-$60 a day. "And I didn't sell and run, because my customers were my friends. Often I'd smoke along with them. None of them stayed any more high than I did." Soon, however, he attracted the attention of police, and after trying to peddle his wares in poorer neighborhoods, he jumped back on the railroad, selling pot in small towns where he would find the Black neighborhoods by looking for a Lincoln High School.

Back in New York, he turned to armed robbery, using coc aine to hype him up for his jobs. He smoked opium to come down and was smoking reefer "by the ounce." In 1946 he convicted of burglary and sentenced to 10 years (he served 7). In prison he spent much of his time high on nutmeg or reefer until his family got him placed in an experimental prison where he read up on history and was introduced to Elijah Muhammad and the Nation of Islam. After his parole in 1952, he became one of the Nation's leaders and chief spokesmen as Malcolm X. For nearly a dozen years, he was the public face of the Nation of Islam, but ultimately broke with Elijah Muhammad. Malcolm X was assassinated in 1965 by three members of the NOI.

But according to your standards. The man you "look up to" would also be classified as a scum bag.

Chris Martin, the lead singer of one of my favorite bands, Coldplay has this to say about drugs....

Coldplaying

Chris Martin, 34, said: "Success and fame, alcohol and drugs. We've been through all of those things. "They're just pitfalls, and that comes from a lot of traveling and a lot of down time. "

Would you consider Chris Martin, lead singer of Coldplay, 7 x Grammy Winner (20 noms and countless other awards) a success?? No you wouldn't you'd consider him a scum bag.

Johnny Cash, "The Man In Black," where do you think he got that bad boy image from? PR People? Nope.

Johnny Cash

As his career was taking off in the late 1950s, Cash started drinking heavily and became addicted to amphetamines and barbiturates. For a brief time, he shared an apartment in Nashville with Waylon Jennings, who was heavily addicted to amphetamines. Cash used the uppers to stay awake during tours. Friends joked about his "nervousness" and erratic behavior, many ignoring the warning signs of his worsening drug addiction. In a behind-the-scenes look at The Johnny Cash Show, Cash claims to have "tried every drug there was to try."

Now I also am a huge fan of the legend, Johnny Cash.
Some of my favorite songs consist of -

Cocaine Blues (This tragic story of a drug-addled murderer and his arrogance is a cautionary tale of drug abuse and inevitability of getting caught for your crimes.)

Hurt - (Nine Inch Nails cover - just listen to the lyrics, and if you don't understand the meaning, then I can't help ya)

I find it hilarious that the people that you claim to look up to and enjoy their talents, are the same people that you are bashing to hell and high water.

I also find it funny that you see yourself better than all of these people, many who are considered LEGENDS.
But because you don't drink or smoke, you're holier than all

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by CallYourBluff

Hello bud, off topic but new RedDwarf in a few months.

I don't think it's off-topic at all, how can something be off-topic when the subject isn't really a decent topic to begin with?

And yes, the Boyz from the Dwarf are back this year, hence the avatar

Haha, good point. I hope it's better than the last series and they better not go to Coronation street.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I just totally disagree with you ....its a public forum to put what every i like (within reason)...i respect your right to not agree with me.

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

None of them ...just a guy that has little time for people that are weak and selfish, forcing there problems onto others for all to see.

E

Which is exactly what you are doing to us. You are too weak to man up and realise that not everyone has an easy life and that addiction is a nasty thing, so instead you jump on an internet forum and type up a rant that makes you feel manly and macho and 'better than those dirty, filthy scumbags.'

What makes you think anybody cares about your weak, selfish, small-minded opinion?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Originally posted by Kryties

Then your very weak minded and any amount of help would not work for you ....

How utterly ridiculous. Where are you coming up with this nonsense? Oh, that's right, you're on a very tall horse so the air must be thinner up there. It's the only reason I can think of for this astonishing lack of anything resembling logic or intelligence.

Especially after considering the fact that he made that comment to me, after I had given no indication whatsoever, regarding any specific substance.

That simply just makes it even that much clearer that he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Allegory of Illumination

I think your totally trying to put words in my mouth there fella, i like these people i never called them LEGENDS and just cus i like Chris Martin doesn't mean ill agree with his every word.

i like tons of people that may have done drugs etc ....there a world away from the crackheads that rape and rob old women in there beds....

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Im sorry what were/ are you addicted to then?

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I just totally disagree with you ....its a public forum to put what every i like (within reason)...i respect your right to not agree with me.

E

Just as it is also a public sidewalk where you see all of these people whom you look down on, from way up there all by your lonesome, perched high upon that pedestal where you have placed yourself.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Im sorry what were/ are you addicted to then?

E
That would be none of your dam business, Captain High&Mighty.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I really have no clue why you get from my opinions that you think im better than anyone else...?

Its a public forum fella if you don't like what your reading feel free not to comment.

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I have not seen anyone get creamed like this in a long time.

OP....You just don't get it. We all have our flaws.

I hope you never fall on hard times.

Because karma is a b!tch

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

I really have no clue why you get from my opinions that you think im better than anyone else...?

[color=gold](That should have been written "I really have no clue as to why you think, from my opinions, that I believe im better than anyone else?")

Ummm....your OP and every other post in this thread?!?!

Seriously?

Its a public forum fella if you don't like what your reading feel free not to comment.

You're right, it IS a public forum which means I am free to comment on whatever I wish, thankyou for clarifying that for us all

edit on 17/7/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

lol So if you choose not to explain then we can't continue can we....

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I don't blame BrokenCircles in the slightest for not wanting to divulge his personal stories to you. After the way you have acted in this thread, and the clear attitude of disgust you display for those less fortunate than you, it would be a cold day in hell before I would ever share my personal experiences with you.
edit on 17/7/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

i don't care if im the only one staying this as it is after all my opinion....i just hope none of your family do't get robb, hurt, raped, killed by any of these scum bags i really mean that .

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

LOL good for you ... don't get yourself to worked up either tis not good for your health.

E

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join