It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People wasting there lives i.e drug addicts ..alcoholics..scum bags etc..

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EqualizerUK
How many of you people have been the victim of a robbery or violence at the hands of a junkie?
How many of you have had a phone call to tell you a friend has been murdered by three drug addicts ?

Not many im guessing....drug addicts are all the same type of people if they choose to stick a needle in there arm or powder up there nose there weak....simple as that and there is no argument for them what so ever.

E

Been a victim of several robberies at the hands of junkies. Been beaten up on several occasions by "drug addicts". Never had a friend murdered, but then I know many who have. Just as I know plenty of people who've had this happen to in similar circumstances.

The problem you make is that you seem to be under the impression it's only junkies and drug addicts who do this. Your correlation is wrong. You're using the same type of reasoning a racist uses to justify their racism. I note on your page you're against racism, so I'm guessing if I replaced the word junkie and drug addict in your post with "Pakistani" and "black person" that you would, rightly, call me out for my bogus hypothetical argument.

So why then do you use similar fallacious reasoning against people who take drugs? Most people who take drugs are functioning adults, productive members of society, dare I say. Even addicts, many of them, manage to carry on with their job and lead an otherwise dignified life. Many addicts can fund their own addiction and have no need, nor would they dream of, going out and robbing or murdering people.

As far as addiction is concerned, my Uncle died last year from alcoholism, my Auntie is well on her way to meeting the same fate, and I was partially raised in an abusive household with an abusive drug addict (alcohol and much harder drugs). I know about drug addicts.

You're on your own with this one. 200 upstanding members of my small local community did not take a Tuesday off work to go my Uncles funeral because "drug addicts are all the same". There's good and bad in every group, addicts included.

Take for example MMA. MMA fighters are very highly involved in crime and drugs, does that make them "all the same", is everyone involved in MMA just a tattood, scummy, violent, beer swilling, steroid munching neanderthal? Do a few, or many, bad apples spoil the bunch?

You should know better than to use the "logic" you are doing.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

How many of you people have been the victim of a robbery or violence at the hands of a junkie?
How many of you have had a phone call to tell you a friend has been murdered by three drug addicts ?

Not many im guessing....drug addicts are all the same type of people if they choose to stick a needle in there arm or powder up there nose there weak....simple as that and there is no argument for them what so ever.

E

I've never been robbed by a junkie and I have known many. No, junkies rob people like you and not because you are particularly better off than them but because you're annoying and bigoted. People pick up on that sort of thing and if they are desperate they will sense your weakness and general lack of social skills.

They will then exploit these weaknesses to alleviate you of whatever resources you have on your person. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

It's funny how the truth provokes such a strong reaction ...it's good though !
Nearly 500 posts !

E

A strong reaction has been given on this thread because the total truth is NOT what you say you profess and believe. The truth is massive...and not a narrow minded focus such as yours.

As for your "nearly 500 posts..." hum... part of a hidden agenda.. perhaps.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Nearly 500 posts !

E

A strong reaction has been given on this thread because the total truth is NOT what you say you profess and believe. The truth is massive...and not a narrow minded focus such as yours.

This thread may have 500 posts...

But, his 4 Flags pretty much sums up the feelings on this site.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I have just walked through the the town where i live in the UK its a normal town in the north of England, but the people i see most days are dragging themselves around drinking beer and cider openly in the street some also high on crack and other drugs.

I know this type of behavior isn't just in my town but it does seem there are a hell of a lot to these addicts here.
It is such a waste of life! What goes wrong in these peoples lives to where they need to end up as wasters ?

Some people make excuses for them saying "well they had a bad childhood" or "addiction is a medical condition and they can't help it"...both of these things are bull# and i hate the fact that people try and defend the bad choices these scum bags make.

What do you all think?

E

I think you have no idea what you are talking about and are unbelievably misinformed and uneducated. However I'm assuming you are an adult and therefor probably don't want to open your mind to the possibility that you have ZERO understanding of the disease of addiction. Or maybe you are playing a game. Either way it wouldn't do either of us any good to continue. I could site several sources on addiction as a disease, and could recount personal experiences with people who not only struggled with it but overcame.

Let's just have you go back to meandering about in the UK and hope someday you'll be willing to admit that you don't know everything.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I can't believe this thread is still alive.

I've also noticed that the Op is harboring way too much hate.
Hate can eat you alive just as well as drugs can -- and possibly faster. In my humble opinion, the Op ought to get himself some sedatives before he has a heart attack from all the hate he's suffering from. Given the amount of stress the Op is placing himself under for something he has absolutely no control over, he's going to put himself in the grave faster than the drug users.

So, are you a control freak, Op? It's obviously eating you up because you can't rid the world of these "useless scumbags". Are you possibly jealous because drug addicts are able to let down their guard and relax, which is what you're unable to accomplish? How do you relax, Op? Yoga? Chess? Crossword puzzles? What's your poison to achieve relaxation and let go of the control you so desperately cling to? Just curious....

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

Neither can I really.

You've been here for awhile as have I, have you ever seen a thread 25 + pages long, only 4 flags and not a star for the OP in at least 10 pages? I know I haven't. That's got to be some kind of record. I hope he's proud of himself.

I don't what's more amazing, the lack of empathy on the part of the OP or the amount of empathy everyone else is displaying. I stated my case and moved on, but to tell someone my story about why I feel the way I do would only fall on deaf ears and I've got better things to do with my time then talk to someone who isn't listening. I've dealt with closed minds/jocks before, but that guy takes the prize.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I've known people beat up by MMA meat heads in training that think they are top ****, therefore by your logic all those that partake in MMA are violent, lying scumbags.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK

I have just walked through the the town where i live in the UK its a normal town in the north of England, but the people i see most days are dragging themselves around drinking beer and cider openly in the street some also high on crack and other drugs. I know this type of behavior isn't just in my town but it does seem there are a hell of a lot to these addicts here. It is such a waste of life! What goes wrong in these peoples lives to where they need to end up as wasters ? Some people make excuses for them saying "well they had a bad childhood" or "addiction is a medical condition and they can't help it"...both of these things are bull# and i hate the fact that people try and defend the bad choices these scum bags make. What do you all think? E

I don't think anything about this matter, it's about what I know. They didn't have anybody to show them the way as children. They didn't have a hope for the future. Drugs offered them the short term relief they needed. I guess you're right, that addiction is now classified as a medical condition. Until you step into the shoes of the people suffering daily, you won't understand why they're trapped that way.

I don't back anybody kicking drug users while they're down, they know how bad they are. Nor do I renounce you calling them scum bags. You're going to do what you have to to avoid that lifestyle. Make some commitments in your life. Find yourself a job or an education. You won't avoid that sort of life if you're constantly around it.

The only sort of basis I have for judgement is from watching the vice guide to krokodil and those people were messed up! www.vice.com... Very graphic content. I advise not even watching it if all you have is a passing interest in drug infested european towns. A great thing to show kids to scar them for life though. They're going to be squeaky clean for life.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales

E

Been a victim of several robberies at the hands of junkies. Been beaten up on several occasions by "drug addicts". Never had a friend murdered, but then I know many who have. Just as I know plenty of people who've had this happen to in similar circumstances.

The problem you make is that you seem to be under the impression it's only junkies and drug addicts who do this. Your correlation is wrong. You're using the same type of reasoning a racist uses to justify their racism. I note on your page you're against racism, so I'm guessing if I replaced the word junkie and drug addict in your post with "Pakistani" and "black person" that you would, rightly, call me out for my bogus hypothetical argument.

So why then do you use similar fallacious reasoning against people who take drugs? Most people who take drugs are functioning adults, productive members of society, dare I say. Even addicts, many of them, manage to carry on with their job and lead an otherwise dignified life. Many addicts can fund their own addiction and have no need, nor would they dream of, going out and robbing or murdering people.

As far as addiction is concerned, my Uncle died last year from alcoholism, my Auntie is well on her way to meeting the same fate, and I was partially raised in an abusive household with an abusive drug addict (alcohol and much harder drugs). I know about drug addicts.

You're on your own with this one. 200 upstanding members of my small local community did not take a Tuesday off work to go my Uncles funeral because "drug addicts are all the same". There's good and bad in every group, addicts included.

Take for example MMA. MMA fighters are very highly involved in crime and drugs, does that make them "all the same", is everyone involved in MMA just a tattood, scummy, violent, beer swilling, steroid munching neanderthal? Do a few, or many, bad apples spoil the bunch?

Im sorry you make little or no sense in that argument! to compare MMA fighters that do drugs and crime (and yes those people are scum bags to in my book) to junkies is laughable!

Your uncle died from an addiction he started himself (unless he was physically forced to start drinking)...im sorry he's dead because i don't wish death on anyone because there is no coming back from that but its from his own making.

E

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

E

I've never been robbed by a junkie and I have known many. No, junkies rob people like you and not because you are particularly better off than them but because you're annoying and bigoted. People pick up on that sort of thing and if they are desperate they will sense your weakness and general lack of social skills.

They will then exploit these weaknesses to alleviate you of whatever resources you have on your person. Good luck.

Ive never been robbed by a junkie...i'm friends who have but i never have.

E

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Nearly 500 posts !

E

No hidden agenda sorry to disappoint .
just making comment on the number of posts.

E

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by flashtrum

I have just walked through the the town where i live in the UK its a normal town in the north of England, but the people i see most days are dragging themselves around drinking beer and cider openly in the street some also high on crack and other drugs.

I know this type of behavior isn't just in my town but it does seem there are a hell of a lot to these addicts here.
It is such a waste of life! What goes wrong in these peoples lives to where they need to end up as wasters ?

Some people make excuses for them saying "well they had a bad childhood" or "addiction is a medical condition and they can't help it"...both of these things are bull# and i hate the fact that people try and defend the bad choices these scum bags make.

What do you all think?

E

I think you have no idea what you are talking about and are unbelievably misinformed and uneducated. However I'm assuming you are an adult and therefor probably don't want to open your mind to the possibility that you have ZERO understanding of the disease of addiction. Or maybe you are playing a game. Either way it wouldn't do either of us any good to continue. I could site several sources on addiction as a disease, and could recount personal experiences with people who not only struggled with it but overcame.

Let's just have you go back to meandering about in the UK and hope someday you'll be willing to admit that you don't know everything.

1) Its not a disease ...
2) Never once have i said i know EVERYTHING

You find it hard to understand someone like my because i don't sugar coat things and make excuses for bad choices people make!!
Again wake up and try and make a stand for the good people that are needing a voice and not the scum bags of this world.

E

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

Originally posted by Afterthought

Neither can I really.

You've been here for awhile as have I, have you ever seen a thread 25 + pages long, only 4 flags and not a star for the OP in at least 10 pages? I know I haven't. That's got to be some kind of record. I hope he's proud of himself.

I don't what's more amazing, the lack of empathy on the part of the OP or the amount of empathy everyone else is displaying. I stated my case and moved on, but to tell someone my story about why I feel the way I do would only fall on deaf ears and I've got better things to do with my time then talk to someone who isn't listening. I've dealt with closed minds/jocks before, but that guy takes the prize.

Hypocrite...how do you know im a jock?? because i train in a sport?? great reasoning! thumbs up...

As for flags and stars who cares there isn't a prize at the end for how many you can get is there?

And if its such a bad thread why are you commenting???

very strange.

E

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2209
I've known people beat up by MMA meat heads in training that think they are top ****, therefore by your logic all those that partake in MMA are violent, lying scumbags.

I think your trying to shift the argument because you know im right...
There are bullies in every walk of life....MMA, in schools, in factories, in the army, the list goes on and yes there bad people !
This thread is about drug addicts and alcoholics ....try and stay on topic!

E

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kapkalna
reply to post by EqualizerUK

I have just walked through the the town where i live in the UK its a normal town in the north of England, but the people i see most days are dragging themselves around drinking beer and cider openly in the street some also high on crack and other drugs. I know this type of behavior isn't just in my town but it does seem there are a hell of a lot to these addicts here. It is such a waste of life! What goes wrong in these peoples lives to where they need to end up as wasters ? Some people make excuses for them saying "well they had a bad childhood" or "addiction is a medical condition and they can't help it"...both of these things are bull# and i hate the fact that people try and defend the bad choices these scum bags make. What do you all think? E

I don't think anything about this matter, it's about what I know. They didn't have anybody to show them the way as children. They didn't have a hope for the future. Drugs offered them the short term relief they needed. I guess you're right, that addiction is now classified as a medical condition. Until you step into the shoes of the people suffering daily, you won't understand why they're trapped that way.

I don't back anybody kicking drug users while they're down, they know how bad they are. Nor do I renounce you calling them scum bags. You're going to do what you have to to avoid that lifestyle. Make some commitments in your life. Find yourself a job or an education. You won't avoid that sort of life if you're constantly around it.

The only sort of basis I have for judgement is from watching the vice guide to krokodil and those people were messed up! www.vice.com... Very graphic content. I advise not even watching it if all you have is a passing interest in drug infested european towns. A great thing to show kids to scar them for life though. They're going to be squeaky clean for life.

A logical post at long last!

A few points to consider though, if a child grows up around bad people doing bad things will they automatically do the same?? i don't think they will! its a matter of strength of mind ...if there weak minded they will turn out bad and yes those people are scumbags in my eyes...there are plenty of people who had childhoods you could only see in horror films and they choose to stand up and do better and those people have my fully backing and admiration !!!

I think as a healthy decent person i do have a right to judge someone who is making others suffer for the need to continue in there selfish actions.

Drug addiction / alcoholism is the same to me.....there weak minded simple as that ...and again if that doesn't suit peoples lives in this thread unlucky ....were not all 100% forgiving are we?

E
edit on 19-7-2012 by EqualizerUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Nearly 500 posts !

E

This thread may have 500 posts...

But, his 4 Flags pretty much sums up the feelings on this site.

I don't even fully know what the flags and stars mean??

Are they some kind of popularity contest because if they are and you guys want ill star every post you all do if you like.
I speak the truth ...i don't care if one person agrees or 100 ...the truth is the truth even if its hard for you all to take.

E

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales

E

Im sorry you make little or no sense in that argument! to compare MMA fighters that do drugs and crime (and yes those people are scum bags to in my book) to junkies is laughable!

Your uncle died from an addiction he started himself (unless he was physically forced to start drinking)...im sorry he's dead because i don't wish death on anyone because there is no coming back from that but its from his own making.

E

My point is that you seem to be correlating all drug addicts with the actions of a few. It seems that you're under the impression that all addicts are criminals who rob, fight and murder - which is far from the case. You could equally, if you wanted to, say all people involved in MMA are scum because some involved in MMA are scum.

My uncle never robbed or murdered anyone, never sat around on park benches getting drunk, never scrounged off the system. But I have friends and family who have, who don't drink or take drugs. The qualities you're attaching to drug addicts and people who take drugs are out of place for many.

And even when accurate, without context it's pointless. Black people are more likely to be criminals, are they scum or are they brought up in a poverty-stricken environment that is intertwined with such behavior?

You must see your reasoning is f/////ed.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

how do you know im a jock?? because i train in a sport??

No, it's because you are so damn defensive about it

That and the fact you refuse to tell us which MMA forum you were banned off. Methinks you are afraid we'll find out who you REALLY are.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Oh yeah, I almost forgot....

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join