It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movies in which a jew is depicted as "bad" or "evil" ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Hello,
I have recently seen a video where a french sociologist, Alain Soral, says that we can find movies in which every sort of ethnic origin or religion is depicted as being the bad guys, but we don't have movies in which jews are depicted as the bad guys. We have seen muslims, arabs, germans, asians, blacks, and so on depicted as the bad guys, but can you name movies where the bad guys are jews ? Soral says that we only find jews depicted as good, peaceful, virtuosos, children and innocent people in general. Do you think he is right ? And if so, do you think that it is because of the guilt of the holocaust and hence some kind of auto-censorship, or do you think that this is more because of a lobbying power ?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

that's not nice

If you have a valid argument why drown it in racism?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I believe the link I'm posting
discusses 2 movies perceived
by jews
to be anti-Semitic... Realism or Anti-Semitism? Negative depictions of Jews raise the age-old question.

don't forget the propaganda
movies hitler used as-well...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

X-Men--Magneto is Jewish
The Believer
Summer of Sam
Miller's Crossing
The Godfather, parts 1 and 2
The Golem
Citizen Cohn
Angels in America
Once Upon a Time in America
Passion of the Christ
Jew Suss
any movie about Leopold and Loeb
Three Little Pigs (1933)
Crimes and Misdemeanors
TV show: The Wire
TV show: The Sopranos
Quiz show did a good job of exploring the different factions of Jews in American society.
Fagin in Oliver Twist
Shylock in The Merchant of Venice
The Pawnbroker had a rather @ssholey central Jewish character but it's too complex to divide into villains and good guys.
Bugsy--a gangster, but he is the main character

answers.yahoo.com...

Not to mention all the movies with Mossad agents that are less than nice.

The main reason you don't have a stereotype is because Jews are not prevalent in popular culture fads so much as others that hit the news more often. In my own opinion.

There have been a few Jewish Mafia Dons that made it big but didn't carry the notoriety among common people as much as some of the other ethnic groups.

en.wikipedia.org...

But don't forget the 1919 world series that has been rehashed in a number of movies:

The conspiracy was the brainchild of White Sox first baseman Arnold "Chick" Gandil and Joseph "Sport" Sullivan, who was a professional gambler of Gandil's acquaintance. New York gangster Arnold Rothstein supplied the major connections needed. The money was supplied by Abe Attell, former featherweight boxing champion, who accepted the offer even though he didn't have the $80,000 that the White Sox wanted.[citation needed]

en.wikipedia.org...

In any regard, "good" and "evil" in the movies is laughable as most movies have anti-hero protagonists.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

What about the film 'Oliver Twist'?.

Was the character Fagin a Jew?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I should have clarified : movies that are not from before or during WW2 (because clearly biased), also of course movies in which the jews are clearly defined as being jews. Movies like Oliver Twist and x-men doesn't qualify in my opinion. I have watched all the seasons of "the wire" and to be frank I don't really recall jewish characters in this show (or are you talking about that man who kills another one in that boat ?). I can recall Boardwalk Empire where there is a jewish butcher who isn't exactly a good guy (kills people like he kills pigs).

All in all, I can't find a lot of examples, compared to other ethnic representations, but still there are some.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Jews control Hollywood.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
reply to post by gosseyn

What about the film 'Oliver Twist'?.

Was the character Fagin a Jew?

Yep that's right, and it was actually banned in the US for a time for fears of inciting anti-semitism.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Based upon the "theory" that the Rothschilds/Illuminati/Queen of England are reptilian shapeshifters, I'll have to say "Jurassic Park" is one of the most anti-Jewish films ever made. Of course, made by Steven Spielberg(based on the "theory of the self-hating Jew"). lol

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
"Once upon a time in America" Robert DeNiro was the lead character (Noodles) of a gang of Jewish kids who grew up to be rich gangsters. I would say that they were bad even though film maker made some of them "likable".

A former Prohibition-era Jewish gangster returns to Brooklyn over 30 years later, where he once again must confront the ghosts and regrets of his old life.
Directed by Sergio Leone. Starring Robert De Niro, James Woods.
www.imdb.com...

That's the first one that came to my mind.

Update: I see boncho already listed this movie. Good Job!
edit on 7/17/2012 by Sparky63 because: spelling & added comment

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by trysts

how was that post missed.....that was AWSOME:......hahahahaha
edit on 17-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I guess they forgot about Easter. What about all the movies and stories about the crucifixion of Christ. He was pretty much screwed by the Jews as depicted in the movies as well. Was this notion that Jews have never been depicted in movies as bad guys started by Rense.com because he is about as anti-Semitic as they get.
edit on 7/17/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/17/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Uhm... The passion of Christ?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
How about the dude that Tom Cruise played in Tropic Thunder.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Brace yourselves, folks.

An invasion by closet stormfront members is about to ensue.

new topics

top topics

join