It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any problems with satellite or cable in the northeast?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I was watching tv just a second ago and the signal started to scramble. Ive had FIOS for 2 years and this has never happened. Also the phone signal completely when out. Keeps bouncing in and out. Freakin weird! Anyone else any where have this happen right now or today?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Probably a CME causing an EMP in your neck of the woods. A big solar storm is supposedly going to be hitting us over the next few days.

OR....

Some rock from planet x hit your sat, and they are trying to get another sat there.

I think the CME is more likely.

Dump sat and cable, start a garden, and you won't have this issue again.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Are you talking about new york and that area. If so its funny you should say this. from last night (i am outside the us) i have had issue conecting to certain websites.

I have tracerouted the connection issue and without fail the problems start when connection hits east coast. Dont know if this is relevant.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
That IS interesting...was there a seismic event in the east coast that, perhaps, snapped the under-sea cable? Any one know where to look?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skada
Probably a CME causing an EMP in your neck of the woods. A big solar storm is supposedly going to be hitting us over the next few days.

OR....

Some rock from planet x hit your sat, and they are trying to get another sat there.

I think the CME is more likely.

Dump sat and cable, start a garden, and you won't have this issue again.

I just have cable and I have a garden. It is easy to have both bro and I like to watch the news or weather.

Really not pertinent to the subject at hand but whatevs.

Anyways...yeah the New York area. Not New York but the surrounding states. The solar storm still going from the X-CLASS flare?
edit on 17-7-2012 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This is where I have been having issue (or where it started). Seems ok at the moment but was intermittent through the night and early this morning.

iplocation.truevue.org...

As for solar activity, all levels are back to normal now.
edit on 17-7-2012 by murch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Now I have a restricted phone call on my cell. This is getting very strange.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I had a "restricted" phone call on my cell yesterday. No one on the other end, don't know what it was about. So, solar is getting back to "normal", no earthquakes in the NE.
Can't find any sites for the status of the cables. Could be a hickup, or someone is hacking in force.

Cable is expensive for me, and rots my brain. I envy that you have a garden. I live in apartments so this is difficult for me to scale to my desires at the moment.

Still, that is "strange" that the network had low throughput...unless the stock market, and / or banks are doing dirty night high volume shady trading. (just about anything is possible).

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skada
I had a "restricted" phone call on my cell yesterday. No one on the other end, don't know what it was about. So, solar is getting back to "normal", no earthquakes in the NE.
Can't find any sites for the status of the cables. Could be a hickup, or someone is hacking in force.

Cable is expensive for me, and rots my brain. I envy that you have a garden. I live in apartments so this is difficult for me to scale to my desires at the moment.

Still, that is "strange" that the network had low throughput...unless the stock market, and / or banks are doing dirty night high volume shady trading. (just about anything is possible).

Its good having a spouse to take care of things, while I work 12 hour shifts.

TV keeps her from going insane at the house lol

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
You have to watch for weather patterns. Certain events can bog things down.

A few snowstorms ago, the internet started crashing all over the place because everyone was inside and online. It was too much usage.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

is your dish mounted to a Fascia Board?

The Geo-Magnetic storm is subsiding, thats why I mentioned a different cause

ETA::: Love the "Twilight Zone" tone of your posts

edit on 17-7-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

No problem here in Connecticut.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
No sorry John, Good To Go in six locations!

How's Virgil?

top topics

join