It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Torero Alvaro Munera "woke up"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
A Bullfighter, Faced With The Reality Of His Crimes

I found this great picture..its with describtion..

badassdigest.com...

good man..better late than never

edit on 17-7-2012 by SkullAndBeats235 because: (no reason given)

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Wed Jul 18 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Crimes against cows. I suppose he is not a big hit in India. Regardless every time you throw away tainted meat from your fridge an animal died for nothing. I don't really see the difference other than one is a cultural act and has tradition, and the other was because I was too busy to cook my steak Friday night.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Bullfighting is killing an animal for sport and entertainment. Old meat in the fridge is neglecting to use a piece of an animal that was destined to be slaughtered when it was born. You don't see the difference between the two?

Are you being intentionally myopic to try and prove your point or are you actually that dumb?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

That is an amazing picture.
THanks for sharing the article with us.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Thank OP S+F
Edit to add, the actual experience he had is very interesting:

And suddenly, I looked at the bull. He had this innocence that all animals have in their eyes, and he looked at me with this pleading. It was like a cry for justice, deep down inside of me. I describe it as being like a prayer - because if one confesses, it is hoped, that one is forgiven. I felt like the worst # on earth.

From op source

He had an few moments before when he wanted to not do it, but was young and forced into it, that reminds me of many army children, if only they would see the same on both sides eh...
edit stop.

Originally posted by Buddha1098
Bullfighting is killing an animal for sport and entertainment. Old meat in the fridge is neglecting to use a piece of an animal that was destined to be slaughtered when it was born. You don't see the difference between the two?

Are you being intentionally myopic to try and prove your point or are you actually that dumb?

Real life,

Less than 4 hours ago I was in an castle green or grounds in an city in the UK somewhere. There was some lavender growing there I was surprised as anyone who has witnessed the weather in the UK last 8 weeks, it was n an large, huge pot, but offered protection by an ancient Oak and birch tress nearby, under their canopies.

Unlike me, as an bit of stress, change, bereavement in my life last couple of months I was very un mindful and just grabbed some, the lovely purple flower between finger and thumb, broke it off and crushed it and smelled it.

Was bueatiful, very healthy herb and surprised as said.

I did that purely for sensory "entertainment" with no thought for the lavender...

I came home an couple of hours ago, its no secret on here im an Buddhist, I lit some nice himalayan incense, with an mix in it, some lavender.

That lavender was grown and farmed all its life destined to be burned from seed.

That lighting of incense was cultural/dogma/ritual

Can you see the difference lol?

Which lavender was more hard done by?

The wild lavender that was not factory farmed pumped full of pesticides chemicals genes et al etc?

Or the bit of lavender at the bottom of my incense stick that dint burn in my holder as inside it to hold it, that I am about to remove and through away now its old and put in an fresh one......

What is wise, what is stupid?

There are many very true and wise & famous things written about "fools" "idiots" and being one, not thinking you are one, thinking others are and where the fool and wisdom really is within that perception.

Love

Elf
edit on 17-7-2012 by MischeviousElf because: as shown

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm not lavender, but I can see benefits and drawbacks to being both wild or cultivated. So I don't know which is more hard done by perhaps ask the lavender??

My point was not to say that eating meat was right and killing for sport is wrong. My point was there is a big difference between bullfighting and neglecting the meat in your fridge.

Also I never called Boncho an Idiot or stupid. In fact I don't think he is, but he is being dumb here in the sense that he's over simplifying.

Namaste

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
That photo is not about that beautiful awakening.

That Alvaro bullfighter was severely injured by a bull and had to leave bullfighting. It was after his departure that he became an animal rights defender. He didn't wake up in the arena...

So, that photo is probably a bullfighter afraid of an incoming bull.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

You dont even read the text..so please be quiet

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SkullAndBeats235

You be quiet, i investigated that Alvaro situation , why don't you check the stories yourself instead of believing everything you find in the internet?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

"And suddenly, I looked at the bull. He had this innocence that all animals have in their eyes, and he looked at me with this pleading. It was like a cry for justice, deep down inside of me. I describe it as being like a prayer - because if one confesses, it is hoped, that one is forgiven. I felt like the worst # on earth"

So this was not his words?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
It seems that Manula is right as far as the picture is concerned:

I can't quite figure out if this really IS a picture of Munera, though. See, Munera's last fight didn't end in his emotional collapse, it ended when a bull gored his leg, threw him around and destroyed his spine, leaving him paralyzed for life. That said, Munera HAS become a major figure in combatting bullfighting. Here are some things he said in a Vice interview a few years back:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
This thread belongs to the hoax forum

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It's not an intentional hoax, but it's not real I don't think. If you check the first reply you get this link : fromthecab.blogspot.com.au...

So as long as it seems clear the OP wasn't intentionally hoaxing (I don't think you were OP.) maybe it should go in the hoax section actually...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines

Hmm ok, it has to be an intentional hoax to go to the hoax bin? Didn't know that. Let it stay then.

top topics

join