It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former NYTimes journalist goes inside no-entry zone, reports radiation levels over 10 times higher t

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Hi,
I'm not really into that topic, but I've seen this news on some other pages and want to know, what ATS think about it.
But I couldn't find any thread about this video:

The person in this video claims to be Takashi Uesugi (former New York Times). What seems to be legit, because the video is posted on the youtube channel of his page.

He measured 106.87 microsieverts/hour on nearly the same location, where TEPCO supposedly measured only 9.3 microsieverts/hour.

But I really don't understand, why he's playing golf in the video

Is this kind of a bad joke, that I don't understand??

coverage:
ex-skf.blogspot.de...
enenews.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Surely you jest... TEPCO isn't being 100% honest and sincere? Their numbers are off, you suggest? Why, you must be mistaken....there can be no other explanation! We just saw happy people cavorting in the waters of a beach! Oh...yeah...a beach in one of the directions that didn't get a heavy wallop... Errrr..

Seriously, I hope Japan comes to terms with the fact they really do have some areas that are just not viable for use again. Months after this they were still talking about Soil reclamation options outside their 12km limit line. (sigh) Well, heck, at least they are making progress...I just can't help but think they're working a recovery more than a decommissioning. I'm just cynical. They'll prove in the end that they really have written this place off in the long run, like sane people.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I totally agree.

"Their numbers are off, you suggest?"
good one

If this is true, the real numbers are more than 1100% of the values TEPCO reported.
So they are a bit off....could be measurement error

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by grobi77
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I totally agree.

"Their numbers are off, you suggest?"
good one

If this is true, the real numbers are more than 1100% of the values TEPCO reported.
So they are a bit off....could be measurement error

Oh indeed, we're just lacking the proper degree of Faith, that's all. I just checked the latest reports I could find in a quick search and it seems the Fukushima 50 are even alive and well...just facing some Childbearing issues and ...Golly..maybe a but shorter lifespan. According to the reports I found in my skimming, it's just two poor SOB's that died from direct physical trauma related to the Tsunami. Even the two idiots who stepped right into radioactive water that blew their meters clear to the peg..seem to be none the worse for the experience. Hallilujah! Miracles are at work there.

Well, is that what have we been so worried about? After all, these 50 men were within meters of at least 2 and I still haven't heard direct eyes on ANY of the Cores to confirm if it's 3 which went into full or partial meltdown.

Thats neat isn't it? ..and here I thought all this time that being that close to a reactor in meltdown would be dangerous or something. Can't be.. they say so. So.....I'd love to SEE these 50's guys some day. Think we ever will?
(Yeah... I'm as sarcastic as it gets...because this subject is the most horrible I've ever touched as a research project...and I doubt I ever see worse. If I do..it'd have to be catastrophic and on my head)

edit on 17-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
wow. that's crazy! a huge difference..... not surprising though.

as for the golf.... he explains that in the very beginning of the video. he's a golfer. the first place they went to was a country club that is now off limits and he was saying that he hopes someday he can play golf there again.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

Ahh...thanks.
I don't know why, but I missed hearing this.

new topics

top topics

join