It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist terrorists are as bad as any other religious extremist

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101

Originally posted by drakus
Wow!
As an Atheist AND a "commie" I must be a pretty horrible human being... And have no morals or values or apreciation of life, or compasion or understanding or respect for the freedom of mind...

You may be all those things you just listed off but I know a few things you haven't done that makes you alright in
my eyes. Killed off an entire planet because they no longer wanted to worship you are live by your ideals, blown
up entire cities because they indulged in homosexual actions, oh and this one is the real kicker, have a loyal
follower of yours sacrifice his own son.
edit on 18-7-2012 by Procession101 because: (no reason given)

Heh, maybe you are right and I'm just being harsh on myself

It should be helpful to note that so-called "religious wars" have at their core sociopolitical and economical reasons, the cruzades, the jihad and all that jazz are just "excuses" or illusions used to pump people up so they would give their life thinking they were fighting either for their gods or, gasp... to defend their way of life...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Oh boy where to begin?

First off, he didn't do these horrible things because he's an atheist. He did it because he's a sick and immoral person.

So many people think you have to subscribe to a particular religion to be a moral person, love others, value life, etc. But that's just simply not the case AT ALL. Religion doesn't have a monopoly on morality.

See, most of the major religions teach that we are born with sin and need redemption to be moral, when in reality, people are, for the most part, born as a clean slate and it's the social and environmental conditioning they get from the time they are conceived that determines whether they end up becoming a moral person or not.

Bottom line, atheism does not cause terrorism. I'm sure there are a few out of millions of atheists that could be, but that number pales in comparison to the number of religious terrorists. Probably because religious people are conditioned to base their beliefs and passions on false ideologies like a snake tempting a woman and cursing her offspring for it. Or believing that they will be rewarded in heaven for having faith and not questioning their beliefs.

As opposed to atheists who give themselves the freedom to question beliefs like being rewarded with 70 virgins for being a martyr.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reflection
Oh boy where to begin?

First off, he didn't do these horrible things because he's an atheist. He did it because he's a sick and immoral person.

So many people think you have to subscribe to a particular religion to be a moral person, love others, value life, etc. But that's just simply not the case AT ALL. Religion doesn't have a monopoly on morality.

See, most of the major religions teach that we are born with sin and need redemption to be moral, when in reality, people are, for the most part, born as a clean slate and it's the social and environmental conditioning they get from the time they are conceived that determines whether they end up becoming a moral person or not.

Bottom line, atheism does not cause terrorism. I'm sure there are a few out of millions of atheists that could be, but that number pales in comparison to the number of religious terrorists. Probably because religious people are conditioned to base their beliefs and passions on false ideologies like a snake tempting a woman and cursing her offspring for it. Or believing that they will be rewarded in heaven for having faith and not questioning their beliefs.

As opposed to atheists who give themselves the freedom to question beliefs like being rewarded with 70 virgins for being a martyr.

All I have to say, is yes.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
I just got back from Cambodia, visited the Killing Fields. 9000 bodys have been recovered and I wonder how many more are still left in their graves.
The simple fact is this action was undertaken by religious extremists, atheists.
The communist atheist Khmer Rouge slaughtered millions in Cambodia but if we consider Mao or Stalin how many more lives have been lost because of the most bloody and silly religion that is the belief in no god, the belief that all humanity are nothing but animals. All humanity have no real value. Life is of no importance.

I note the anti Christian and anti Muslim arguments, but I think its worth noting that atheism has more bloody hands and a larger death toll than all the religions put together.

The new atheists dont seem to have changed their tune from the old atheists either. Seems like its all being set up again so the same situation, the same slaughter will happen again.

Seems from where I sit atheists are as extreme as any fundamentalist group, more violent with less values.

Anyway, I thought it worth noting.

You are so unbelievably incorrect it's comical. I mean...you're not even CLOSE to be historically factual.

1. Stalin spent four years in the Greek Orthodox Seminary. He renounced his religion for a time...then became the Russian equivalent of a "born again" religious kook in the summer of 1941...just as he really kicked the whole deportation, gulag, and execution squad tactics into full gear following WWII.

2. Pol Pot was educated in both a Buddhist Monastery as well as a Catholic Seminary. In fact, Pol Pot's twisted little world was FILLED with supernatural powers as well as the ideas of divine mandate, destiny, and fate. The confusion comes in largely due to the fact that the Theravada Buddhism of Cambodia didn't believe in a SINGLE all-powerful deity so much as a world filled with all manner of demons and boogeymen. In fact, the very word "Khmer" (as in "Khmer Rouge") is taken from an ancient Cambodia religious text which accounts how the HINDU king Preah Thong married a "serpent-woman" and then proceeded to found the new Kingdom of Angkor (As in Angkor Wat). The reason Pol Pot chose the word Khmer instead of the more colloquial Kampuchea or French Indo-China was SPECIFICALLY to invoke what he believed was his DIVINE MANDATE to reunite all of South East Asia in another great golden age. However, it is widely assumed that the Catholic in him is what prompted him to restart the Cambodian calendrical system to the "year zero" as he also thought of himself as a bit of Christ-figure.

3. Mao Tse-Tung is the only figure you mentioned who could even be ARGUED to be a POSSIBLE Atheist. He's a bit of mystery as his big claim to fame was largely embracing religion only when and if it was convenient for his political ends and shunning it for the same reason. In fact, his own writings show an amalgamated belief system of Taosim, Buddhism, and Confucianism. Here is an excerpt from his "Little Red Book" which the entire population of China was required to carry around and memorize.

"There is an ancient Chinese fable called "The Foolish Old Man Who Removed the Mountains". It tells of an old man who lived in northern China long, long ago and was known as the Foolish Old Man of North Mountain. His house faced south and beyond his doorway stood the two great peaks, Taihang and Wangwu, obstructing the way. With great determination, he led his sons in digging up these mountains hoe in hand. Another graybeard, known as the Wise Old Man, saw them and said derisively, "How silly of you to do this! It is quite impossible for you few to dig up these two huge mountains." The Foolish Old Man replied, "When I die, my sons will carry on; when they die, there will be my grandsons, and then their sons and grandsons, and so on to infinity. High as they are, the mountains cannot grow any higher and with every bit we dig, they will be that much lower. Why can't we clear them away?" Having refuted the Wise Old Man's wrong view, he went on digging every day, unshaken in his conviction. This moved GOD, and he sent down two angels, who carried the mountains away on their backs. Today, two big mountains lie like a dead weight on the Chinese people. One is imperialism and the other is feudalism. The Chinese Communist Party has long made up its mind to dig them up. We must persevere and work unceasingly, and we, too, will touch GOD's heart. Our GOD is none other than the masses of the Chinese people. If they stand up and dig together with us, why can't these two mountains be cleared away?"

-"Self-Reliance and Arduous Struggle chapter 21":

Pretty tough to call these guys "Atheists"...isn't it?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Milkflavour

I've just had to take a minute here and some deep breaths before responding as this is the single most offensive, narrow minded, idiotic, pathetic thing I've read on here.... It's right up there with Hitler was a hero....

Engage your brain mate,

As you quoted: re·li·gion   [ri-lij-uhn]
noun
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe,

Atheism (thats A-theism... An ABSENCE of theism!) this is an ABSENCE OF BELIEF which is the VERY CONTRADICTION OF YOUR DEFINITION OF RELIGIOUS! I'm not sure if you're a troll or an idiot....

If you cared to research the motivations of the people you mentioned you will find that they did not kill because of atheism. In fact, I contend that it is IMPOSSIBLE to kill for reasons of having an absence of belief... People kill FOR their beliefs, if you have none then it is evident that you cannot cite that as a motivation..... If you can't follow this I suggest just going back to your bible or whatever and continue beating yourself over the head with it Monty Python style....

I must apologise to all for the angry tone of my reply but I am infuriated by the ignorance this person has displayed and the disgusting attempt to justify the horrific atrocities committed in the name of one imaginary fairy in the sky or another by slinging mud at innocent people.... I also take HUGE exception to the assertion in the OP that religious people have greater morals and values than that of people who don't believe in fairies. What a load of tripe, the church is rife with paedophiles and child abusers and THE HIGHEST LEVEL of authority not only know about it but ACTIVELY COVER IT UP! Great moral compass religion is eh? Morals, decency and values can exist perfectly well without recourse to silly stories, threats of damnation and child abusers telling us all what to think....

edit on 18-7-2012 by Milkflavour because: (no reason given)

I dont have to take a minute
The absence of belief in God is a decision made, a choice. You can not remain impartial without being agnostic.
Maybe, maybe not is a clearer neutral position. To stake your decision on a negative view is a belief, a choice based on your faith in what is still accepted as a minor view....atheism. Faith your decision is true. RELIGION.
You say absence but you choose that position. True neutralism is agnosticism. I cant call agnostics religious as they remain impartial.

Atheistic beliefs inspired a desire to renew the country. If religious people were not targets I would agree with your view. If the Khmer Rouge political consensus was not the destruction of the belief in God then I would accept your position.

You are as religious as any other person, tough.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

You are so unbelievably incorrect it's comical. I mean...you're not even CLOSE to be historically factual.

1. Stalin spent four years in the Greek Orthodox Seminary. He renounced his religion for a time...then became the Russian equivalent of a "born again" religious kook in the summer of 1941...just as he really kicked the whole deportation, gulag, and execution squad tactics into full gear following WWII.

2. Pol Pot was educated in both a Buddhist Monastery as well as a Catholic Seminary. In fact, Pol Pot's twisted little world was FILLED with supernatural powers as well as the ideas of divine mandate, destiny, and fate. The confusion comes in largely due to the fact that the Theravada Buddhism of Cambodia didn't believe in a SINGLE all-powerful deity so much as a world filled with all manner of demons and boogeymen. In fact, the very word "Khmer" (as in "Khmer Rouge") is taken from an ancient Cambodia religious text which accounts how the HINDU king Preah Thong married a "serpent-woman" and then proceeded to found the new Kingdom of Angkor (As in Angkor Wat). The reason Pol Pot chose the word Khmer instead of the more colloquial Kampuchea or French Indo-China was SPECIFICALLY to invoke what he believed was his DIVINE MANDATE to reunite all of South East Asia in another great golden age. However, it is widely assumed that the Catholic in him is what prompted him to restart the Cambodian calendrical system to the "year zero" as he also thought of himself as a bit of Christ-figure.

3. Mao Tse-Tung is the only figure you mentioned who could even be ARGUED to be a POSSIBLE Atheist. He's a bit of mystery as his big claim to fame was largely embracing religion only when and if it was convenient for his political ends and shunning it for the same reason. In fact, his own writings show an amalgamated belief system of Taosim, Buddhism, and Confucianism. Here is an excerpt from his "Little Red Book" which the entire population of China was required to carry around and memorize.

"There is an ancient Chinese fable called "The Foolish Old Man Who Removed the Mountains". It tells of an old man who lived in northern China long, long ago and was known as the Foolish Old Man of North Mountain. His house faced south and beyond his doorway stood the two great peaks, Taihang and Wangwu, obstructing the way. With great determination, he led his sons in digging up these mountains hoe in hand. Another graybeard, known as the Wise Old Man, saw them and said derisively, "How silly of you to do this! It is quite impossible for you few to dig up these two huge mountains." The Foolish Old Man replied, "When I die, my sons will carry on; when they die, there will be my grandsons, and then their sons and grandsons, and so on to infinity. High as they are, the mountains cannot grow any higher and with every bit we dig, they will be that much lower. Why can't we clear them away?" Having refuted the Wise Old Man's wrong view, he went on digging every day, unshaken in his conviction. This moved GOD, and he sent down two angels, who carried the mountains away on their backs. Today, two big mountains lie like a dead weight on the Chinese people. One is imperialism and the other is feudalism. The Chinese Communist Party has long made up its mind to dig them up. We must persevere and work unceasingly, and we, too, will touch GOD's heart. Our GOD is none other than the masses of the Chinese people. If they stand up and dig together with us, why can't these two mountains be cleared away?"

-"Self-Reliance and Arduous Struggle chapter 21":

Pretty tough to call these guys "Atheists"...isn't it?

Yeah whatever

Is this some kind of stand up routine cos its very funny.

I like your complete lack of references, magic dust?
edit on 18-7-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kman420
I feel people who still belive in "God" should all be shot.

Blind faith is the tool of the iggnorant, and anyone stupid enough to follow such jibberish is a threat to humanity as a whole, and they should be removed from the gene pool entirely.

Athiest Terrorist? No. just tired of the BS that your stupid blind faiths have caused.

Thats what I am talking about, thanks Kman
Atheism is right up there with all extremist religions.

The perfect post

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
"The absence of belief in God is a decision made, a choice. You can not remain impartial without being agnostic.
Maybe, maybe not is a clearer neutral position. To stake your decision on a negative view is a belief, a choice based on your faith in what is still accepted as a minor view....atheism. Faith your decision is true. RELIGION.
You say absence but you choose that position. True neutralism is agnosticism. I cant call agnostics religious as they remain impartial.

Atheistic beliefs inspired a desire to renew the country. If religious people were not targets I would agree with your view. If the Khmer Rouge political consensus was not the destruction of the belief in God then I would accept your position.

You are as religious as any other person, tough."

Wow... That's some pretty amazing mental gymnastics you're performing there... It's a shame 'mental gymnastics' and 'bare-facedly denying the bleeding obvious' aren't Olympic events as I imagine you'd be right up there challenging with the best of them in the coming weeks....

Anyway, thank you for writing this thread, I have learned a lot today from reading what you have written... You know, after working with the seriously mentally ill, offenders of all kinds, the delusional, the psychotic and the truly weird for well over ten years now I thought I'd seen a lot of what humanity has to offer but, you know what, it just keeps on surprising me.... Thank the absence of any creator for that.... And absolutely nothing be praised! Hallelujah!

(btw, i gave you a star because you made me chuckle
thanks )

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

I just got back from Cambodia, visited the Killing Fields. 9000 bodys have been recovered and I wonder how many more are still left in their graves.
The simple fact is this action was undertaken by religious extremists, atheists.
The communist atheist Khmer Rouge slaughtered millions in Cambodia but if we consider Mao or Stalin how many more lives have been lost because of the most bloody and silly religion that is the belief in no god, the belief that all humanity are nothing but animals. All humanity have no real value. Life is of no importance.

You got a source link for me? Atheists aren't religious, nor is atheism a religion, so I can't see how you can call somebody a religious atheist. The real question here is: Were they killed in the name of atheism? If not, this has no relevance or any basis in reality if you want to compare it to religious wars.

I note the anti Christian and anti Muslim arguments, but I think its worth noting that atheism has more bloody hands and a larger death toll than all the religions put together.

More than the inquisition, crusades, slavery and the holocaust put together? Ha! I'd love to see your statistics on that one. Please be sure that each person killed in the name of their religion / god or it doesn't count. Good luck.

The new atheists dont seem to have changed their tune from the old atheists either. Seems like its all being set up again so the same situation, the same slaughter will happen again.

Seems from where I sit atheists are as extreme as any fundamentalist group, more violent with less values.

Anyway, I thought it worth noting.

Atheists are extreme because they post on message boards and spread science and knowledge and deny ridiculous claims that have no evidence to support them.

Chances are, whatever religion you follow today was originally spread by the sword and forced on people with the punishment of torture / death for disobeying. Atheism is simply people not believing in your version(s) of god.

Just realized I responded to a really old post. Ah well, maybe somebody will learn from it. I just don't trust ancient man to describe god. Let's look at the bible:

Written by man .. CHECK
Published by man... CHECK
Stories assembled into a giant book by man.. CHECK
Translated into other languages by man... CHECK
Spread and taught as truth by man.. CHECK

Where does god come into the picture? I refuse to dedicate my life to something that has no substantial backing and we don't even know the origin of the stories.

I don't hate anybody for believing in god, I just get annoyed when people assert that it's fact or try to attack science to defend it.
edit on 18-7-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

Lets see...death tolls from the
Inquisition, disgusting as it was and I do not defend the religious retards who caused this abomination...probably no more than 10,000 thats only ten thousand
askville.amazon.com...

Crusades lets say high of 3 million, low of 1 million. I believe the crusades was a financial decision more than a religious action. This link explains the truth about the crusades. At the risk of becoming a little more knowledgeable I suggest you read the article, I doubt you will though.
www.ad2000.com.au...

Slavery? Well slavery is not particularly a religious thing, atheists had and still have slaves as I admit many religious people do as well.
Holocaust? Well again I see little evidence linking the Nazis with religion, yet I do concede a link, so supposedly 5 million died in the holocaust. Mostly religious denominations and in fact the holocaust was based on Darwinism www.ushmm.org...

I am not arguing that atheists are all bad or that religious people are better, I am not painting everybody with a broad brush or denying that religion is bad, it is, it is obvious.
People are bad.
I am saying, Atheist terrorists are as bad as any other religious extremist

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Milkflavour
"The absence of belief in God is a decision made, a choice. You can not remain impartial without being agnostic.

You are as religious as any other person, tough."

Wow... That's some pretty amazing mental gymnastics you're performing there... It's a shame 'mental gymnastics' and 'bare-facedly denying the bleeding obvious' aren't Olympic events as I imagine you'd be right up there challenging with the best of them in the coming weeks....

Anyway, thank you for writing this thread, I have learned a lot today from reading what you have written... You know, after working with the seriously mentally ill, offenders of all kinds, the delusional, the psychotic and the truly weird for well over ten years now I thought I'd seen a lot of what humanity has to offer but, you know what, it just keeps on surprising me.... Thank the absence of any creator for that.... And absolutely nothing be praised! Hallelujah!

(btw, i gave you a star because you made me chuckle
thanks )

Thanks for the star and high praise, I am humbled.
Better still you chuckled and laughter is very important.

I am just telling people what I see and think.
Its my opinion, believe it or not I have been wrong. Its conjecture and reason. Nobody lives and dies on my opinion, there is no amazing gymnastics, its what I see.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Well, it is your opinion and you're entitled to it of course. Also, laughter IS hugely important, you're right... Did you know that a good laugh is actually as effective at reducing stress as exercise!?
I'm glad we've found something we can agree on at least...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Edit: link added in case you thought I was fibbing....
edit on 18-7-2012 by Milkflavour because: Link addedp

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It seems apparent - - - a believer's only concept is one of belief.

Instead of rose colored glasses - - - they wear "faith believer" glasses - - - that distorts any position not from a "faith believer" mindset.

Me having been Christian first - - then stepping completely out of the mind control faith circle - - I have a clear view of both.

The difference is crystal clear.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Atheist's as terrorists? Really? Let me ask you a simple question. How many human beings have been killed and died in the name of God? Wow, a pretty staggering amount would'nt you say. More people have died and been killed for religious reason than any other reason. In the name of God not doubt.

Trying to link maniac dictators and the atrocities they perpetrated with atheist's is a damn farce. There was a time on this planet when if you did'ny beleive, your were killed, in very violent ways. The real terrorist's are the Catholic church, and all organised religion. The catholic church is simply the last stand of the Roman empire, and we all know what pricks they were. They simply traded the sword for the cross. They simply went from physical oppression to mental & emotional oppression. I.E Pedophile priests. and the Vatican wide cover up of it.

I am an Atheist. I do not beleive in God.So, if I'm considered a terrorist, then the Pope in the DarK Lord of the Sith.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
One other thing I think should be mentioned.

Just because someone doesn't subscribe to a religious ideology doesn't mean they can't believe in other dangerous false ideologies.

For instance, you can be an atheist OR a Christian as still believe in eugenics or white supremacy... or American Idol...Although, a lot of the time, false ideologies are tied to religious beliefs.

The problem is having ANY false ideology. But how can someone reverse a false ideology without being free to question it. That is the biggest problem I have with religion. It can't be questioned and new ideas can't be formed when new information is discovered. It's the very reason why the church made Galeleo's life a living hell when he was trying to tell people that the Earth isn't the center of the universe.

At some point can't we all agree that NO belief is above being questioned??

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
Atheist's as terrorists? Really? Let me ask you a simple question. How many human beings have been killed and died in the name of God? Wow, a pretty staggering amount would'nt you say. More people have died and been killed for religious reason than any other reason. In the name of God not doubt.

Trying to link maniac dictators and the atrocities they perpetrated with atheist's is a damn farce. There was a time on this planet when if you did'ny beleive, your were killed, in very violent ways. The real terrorist's are the Catholic church, and all organised religion. The catholic church is simply the last stand of the Roman empire, and we all know what pricks they were. They simply traded the sword for the cross. They simply went from physical oppression to mental & emotional oppression. I.E Pedophile priests. and the Vatican wide cover up of it.

I am an Atheist. I do not beleive in God.So, if I'm considered a terrorist, then the Pope in the DarK Lord of the Sith.

Settle down precious, re read the thread title again.
I didnt say all atheists were terrorists thats moronic.

As for the death tolls from religions, prove it, or cant you. Stalin is believed to have killed up to 100 million,
www.telegraph.co.uk...
or maybe more like 20 million. Go find figures for death tolls by religion to counter that number.
Then we will go on to Mao.
both atheists

You ask me a question then make up an answer to suit yourself, with no evidence at all. Where did you pull that answer from? Sprinkle magic dust for your answer?

I am not justifying the catholics or any other religion, I am not defending people who kill others in Gods name...read the thread title.
Dont make up an argument to counter my statement. I am well aware of the religious failures of the people, thats not something I can defend or would even try to defend.
My position re what "pricks the catholic church are" and the muslim brotherhood is not dissimilar to yours, I am just pointing out some atheists are just as bad if not far worse than those other religions

The choice to not believe in a god or gods is an active decision, its a faith choice, its a religion in my opinion..

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reflection
One other thing I think should be mentioned.

Just because someone doesn't subscribe to a religious ideology doesn't mean they can't believe in other dangerous false ideologies.

For instance, you can be an atheist OR a Christian as still believe in eugenics or white supremacy... or American Idol...Although, a lot of the time, false ideologies are tied to religious beliefs.

The problem is having ANY false ideology. But how can someone reverse a false ideology without being free to question it. That is the biggest problem I have with religion. It can't be questioned and new ideas can't be formed when new information is discovered. It's the very reason why the church made Galeleo's life a living hell when he was trying to tell people that the Earth isn't the center of the universe.

At some point can't we all agree that NO belief is above being questioned??

Anyone with a rational mind will state categorically, NO belief is above being questioned.......Constantly
I agree totally.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
It seems apparent - - - a believer's only concept is one of belief.

Instead of rose colored glasses - - - they wear "faith believer" glasses - - - that distorts any position not from a "faith believer" mindset.

Me having been Christian first - - then stepping completely out of the mind control faith circle - - I have a clear view of both.

The difference is crystal clear.

Yeah your choice in your new faith is evident.
Me having been an atheist within the atheistic mind control cult belief with no hope, to then become a Christian, having been called to Jesus who set me free of the worlds oppression, guilt and fear, see it differently.
Crystal clear in fact

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Just need to know, is everyone who is taking a toll of "deaths per ideology" including the 2-1/2million killed by their god in the Bible?

Didn't think so.

BTW, the Devil - in the same book - killed about 8-10.
He's the bad guy apparently, if you didn't know.

Sun religions. Gotta love 'em. They make stuff up and then hate everyone who won't believe it.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I don't see atheists blowing things up and shooting doctors.

Bashing atheists is pointless. They are atheists for a reason. Some have been traumatized by organized religion. Just one example.

Pot ~ kettle ~ you know the drill.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Yeah whatever

Is this some kind of stand up routine cos its very funny.

I like your complete lack of references, magic dust?
edit on 18-7-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

"Complete lack of sources, huh?" What about the entire paragraph quoted and credited verbatim of Mao's "Little Red Book?" That seems like a source, to me.

Here are some others:

1. Stalin's Strong Orthodox Beliefs: www.georgefox.edu... (Brown University Professor correctly recounts how Joseph Stalin forced over three thousand churches to convert to his preferred Orthodoxy in 1944.

2. This book is a good account of Pol Pot's religious education, background, and desire to unite southeast asia.
Link: books.google.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join