It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist terrorists are as bad as any other religious extremist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Read my edit above.

Also, I like analogies because they usually make simple minded people understand things. That's why religious people are always trying to use dumb analogies to explain how someone can be his own father and pray to himself while still being half man and half god, etc, etc.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Atheism is a cult.
Atheists worship men

I like analogies as well and am not accusing all atheists as being evil cult members, there are many who are though.
Dont misunderstand my point "Atheist terrorists are as bad as any other religious extremist"
edit on 17-7-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

They murdered for personal power, not because they lacked a belief in god......

Forget it, it's obviously going way over your head. Peace.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I enjoy watching all those with a lack of ... well...

It is amusing to watch these threads. Regardless.

It all boils down to one basic fact. Humans kill one another. If any of you think that is changing anytime soon...

Well it's not. Every single human in the world could turn atheist, and we would still war with one another. It's just human nature. Period.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
I enjoy watching all those with a lack of ... well...

It is amusing to watch these threads. Regardless.

It all boils down to one basic fact. Humans kill one another. If any of you think that is changing anytime soon...

Well it's not. Every single human in the world could turn atheist, and we would still war with one another. It's just human nature. Period.

I agree with you. Warring seldom has anything to do with religion, or the lack of religion. It's about geopolitical power and resources. That's what WAR boils down to. Killing on a personal level, with the exception of senseless psychopathic murder, is based on the same thing: resources, greed, or in many cases, revenge. Not much at all to do with belief in gods or no belief. It's humanity at its worst.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Funny how facts only matter when it's your belief system that is under attack. Blanket statements are suddenly repulsive, no?

I like how the gist of the arguments against the OP consist mainly of two points:

1) The monsters committing these crimes weren't doing so specifically for the cause of Atheism (which is a lie, as communist dictators have been known to blatantly exterminate religious groups of people, for very explicitly outlined reasons in their own manifesto).

2) Atheism as a whole does not condone these actions.

Both counter arguments you'd expect to hear a muslim or christian make, yet conveniently apt when the accusations you often use against the religious are leveled at you

I have always said: "Those who think eliminating religion would solve world violence would simply find new reasons to kill one another once the religious were no more". The OP is 100% correct. Now lets all go back to hating muslims, jews, and christians, shall we? Convenient scapegoats are convenient.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Sigh....We just have to pigeon hole people don't we? I don't believe in god the way he/she is portrayed by religion and voila!...I'm an atheist!!! I'm not a member of a cult, I don't only associate with people who share my views I just feel no need to identify with the idea that something is bigger than me! If it's bigger than me, fine, because in my view it's a part of me just as I'm a part of it. EVERYTHING is connected! It distresses me to no end that I attempt to live apart from any notion of gods and worship, heaven or hell, 40 virgins or what have you and go peacefully about my business but sadly...I must wear a damned label...Atheist! So unwittingly I become a member of a club, cult religion and on it goes. Treat others as you would have them treat you...PERIOD!!! Nuff said

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
Sigh....We just have to pigeon hole people don't we? I don't believe in god the way he/she is portrayed by religion and voila!...I'm an atheist!!! I'm not a member of a cult, I don't only associate with people who share my views I just feel no need to identify with the idea that something is bigger than me! If it's bigger than me, fine, because in my view it's a part of me just as I'm a part of it. EVERYTHING is connected! It distresses me to no end that I attempt to live apart from any notion of gods and worship, heaven or hell, 40 virgins or what have you and go peacefully about my business but sadly...I must wear a damned label...Atheist! So unwittingly I become a member of a club, cult religion and on it goes. Treat others as you would have them treat you...PERIOD!!! Nuff said

What a coincidence. I'm a Christian who doesn't believe in killing in the name of God (like many muslims, christians, and jews the world over)! Funny how that is always a justifiable accusation leveled at people who believe in God but when the shoe is on the other foot it doesn't quite fit enough for you to walk even half a mile in it.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

What a coincidence. I'm a Christian who doesn't believe in killing in the name of God (like many muslims, Christians, and jews the world over)! Funny how that is always a justifiable accusation leveled at people who believe in God but when the shoe is on the other foot it doesn't quite fit enough for you to walk even half a mile in it.

Thats where Atheist and Religion separate. You have rules you have to follow, whether kill gays, or pagans, its up to you to follow it or not follow it. Atheist does not have a set rules they need to follow, Atheist just does not have any belief in a supreme deity.

Atheist A could be person who hates abortion, Atheist B is pro-abortion. They are two different people nt bound by any man made rules, there is no common ground other than they just do not have a belief.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

What a coincidence. I'm a Christian who doesn't believe in killing in the name of God (like many muslims, christians, and jews the world over)! Funny how that is always a justifiable accusation leveled at people who believe in God but when the shoe is on the other foot it doesn't quite fit enough for you to walk even half a mile in it.

Sorry, I fail to see the connection? Let alone the coincidence. You've chosen to give yourself the label "Christian" right or wrong people are going to see your label through their own beliefs. I don't label myself anything, that label "atheist" is given to me.
edit on 17-7-2012 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

What a coincidence. I'm a Christian who doesn't believe in killing in the name of God (like many muslims, Christians, and jews the world over)! Funny how that is always a justifiable accusation leveled at people who believe in God but when the shoe is on the other foot it doesn't quite fit enough for you to walk even half a mile in it.

Thats where Atheist and Religion separate. You have rules you have to follow, whether kill gays, or pagans, its up to you to follow it or not follow it. Atheist does not have a set rules they need to follow, Atheist just does not have any belief in a supreme deity.

Atheist A could be person who hates abortion, Atheist B is pro-abortion. They are two different people nt bound by any man made rules, there is no common ground other than they just do not have a belief.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. My religion doesn't tell me to "kill gays"

Yet when atheist extremists do exactly that, it is conveniently forgotten.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

They murdered for personal power, not because they lacked a belief in god......

Forget it, it's obviously going way over your head. Peace.

They murdered millions to apply their system based on a Darwinian doctrine.
Atheism is a cult, not for all atheists but for many.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

SIGH....
I am not labelling all atheists the same.
Stop being so precious, read the heading...again...
Atheist terrorists are as bad as any other religious extremist

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

I think you're missing the simplicity of "atheism". It's not a belief. The person who does not believe in gods doesn't have to believe in anything else to be called an atheist. If I don't believe in an omniscient aardvark, it gives you no further information than that.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by trysts

Originally posted by borntowatch

I think you're missing the simplicity of "atheism". It's not a belief. The person who does not believe in gods doesn't have to believe in anything else to be called an atheist. If I don't believe in an omniscient aardvark, it gives you no further information than that.

Yes my bad, I got caught up in some of the atheist descriptions and went on the defensive. sorry

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Believe it or not, Atheism is a religion.

Its a good thing that source is bigger than and transcends religion science and philosophy or we'd really be up a galaxy without a paddle.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Yet when atheist extremists do exactly that, it is conveniently forgotten.

Yeah that's because anyone and anything can be an Atheist, like a pseudo-Anonymous religion. No belief system ensures that they will never really be a target for anything.

Of course, the only reason why I put pseudo in there is because I believe there is no such thing as true privacy. Everything one does in the soul could be judged with every intricacy in mind come the time for it. Nevertheless you don't really need something like that to see through most of the hateful Atheists. Taking full advantage of how they can't be targeted, it really can be a breeding ground for ill intent.

At least with hateful Christians there is some retort, their faith strays from the word of God. There is a good portion of the Bible dedicated for healing Christians who have strayed from their path. But with a hateful Atheist there is no use persuading something that isn't there: Structure.

Honestly the hateful atheists seem like fish in the water in such an absence of structure. But as for the others who have good intentions and morals, I sometimes wonder if the bad sides of their community bother them in the slightest? I don't see as many Atheists jumping in to correct a hateful atheist when people troll religious threads as much as I see Christians who jump in to call out hateful Christians (quite a good number, there are also many of the Muslim faith who chastise the religious trolling of their community in threads frequently) BTW this is only talking about Threads in ATS, not in real life.

edit on 17-7-2012 by greentaylor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
just a points to consider :

the aledged " atheist terrorists " peoples republic of china created a rather incongrous body , the chinese patriotic catholic association - just like catholicism - but without the allegience to the pope .

so much for " atheist terrorism " - they didnt ban belief in god , or worship - only forbade allegience to a foreign head of state - rather a big difference

ooops , so much for " atheist terrorism " in china

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I just had to flag your thread. I think some how, you see things much to clearly and should be extremely careful with that.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

so much for " atheist terrorism " - they didnt ban belief in god , or worship - only forbade allegience to a foreign head of state - rather a big difference

I simply just had to laugh as I saw what your username is.

so according to you this guy's story is all a lie?

en.wikipedia.org...

here's the TLDR version for you:

Seen as a rebel among some Chinese for not joining the 'official' government-controlled Christian organization (see: Three-Self Patriotic Movement), he was imprisoned and tortured by the government authorities. His book claims that he became a highly wanted man across several provinces.[1] He was finally arrested and sentenced to many years in prison. However, Yun continued his ministry while in prison

The "Christian" government sponsored religion of China huh? I wonder if there is an ATS in China somewhere telling themselves to deny ignorance? Conspiracy in this whole pot smells of rotten eggs

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join