It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist terrorists are as bad as any other religious extremist

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by borntowatch
I am sorry, I didnt post this thread about you

It was a response to your direct question of

and your not in the opposing group to Christianity, the atheist klick on this site,

So unless you don't want responses stop asking questions.

Suggesting you are in an atheist klick around here does not suggest you are a terrorist, slight over reaction on your behalf. Though I misunderstood your position...sorry
and
I made a statement, ignore or ask me to justify it if you like. I will
The statement is easily defendable and goes like this
edit on 13-8-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Suggesting you are in an atheist klick around here does not suggest you are a terrorist, slight over reaction on your behalf. Though I misunderstood your position...sorry

I didn't take it that way but you did say:

You dont think atheists are a group, come on you cant be that blind?

I got that but then you put forth the blanket statement quoted above. So does being an atheist place us all in the same group or not?
edit on 13-8-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I didn't take it that way but you did say:

I got that but then you put forth the blanket statement quoted above. So does being an atheist place us all in the same group or not?
edit on 13-8-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

Are you suggesting that I am saying "atheist terrorists" is a blanket statement describing all atheists?

I dont fully understand your position.
edit on 13-8-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Are you suggesting that I am saying "atheist terrorists" is a blanket statement describing all atheists?

I'm not suggesting anything. These are your exact words found in this post:

Does this imply that you believe that atheists are a group or not? Would this not mean that, although we may not be the same, we are all part of the same group as those atheist terrorists?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
So I assume because Christians are a group you assume we are all in to crusades and inquisitions and witch burning, we all hate gays and want to picket funerals
Seriously ???

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

So I assume because Christians are a group you assume we are all in to crusades and inquisitions and witch burning, we all hate gays and want to picket funerals
Seriously ???

Whoa, I never posted anything like that. In fact I'm the one pushing for an individual's actions to not be tied up to their religious or non religious beliefs.

But your words are yours, own up to them and admit a mistake. It doesn't cost anything.

edit on 14-8-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Seriously ???

Whoa, I never posted anything like that. In fact I'm the one pushing for an individual's actions to not be tied up to their religious or non religious beliefs.

But your words are yours, own up to them and admit a mistake. It doesn't cost anything.

edit on 14-8-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

Ok if I have mislead anyone by me infering that ALL atheists ARE terrorists then my apologies.
I did say though

For mine though, its your comprehension skills dk

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

For mine though, its your comprehension skills dk

While comprehension skills are one half of the equation lets not forget that language skills are the other half.

Don't blame the reader for taking away a wrong message because you have not expressed it correctly or, in this case, sent a mixed message.

Guess that's all for me, see you around the boards.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake

Also, atheists don't support incest and pedophilia
edit on 13-8-2012 by MastaShake because: (no reason given)

I know of atheists who do support paedophilia and incest
en.wikipedia.org...
now I am not suggesting their are no religious people amongst them. I know muslims like little girls, but their are plenty of atheists among them and atheism doesnt disprove of paedophilia, not at all.

Look, out of Australia, incest is being supported www.abc.net.au...
Atheism doesnt recognise incest as wrong. In fact atheism endorses paedophilia and incest by its non recognition of it.

Both links came up not found. What are you talking about? See I can see what you're saying about a terrorist being a terrorist, but you are just blindly attacking away at atheism. Try talking about what these people DO believe, not what they don't believe. Atheism is just ONE non belief. It doesn't define a person. Nobody worships NO GOD or recites scriptures to non praise his non name. Let it go. Jesus is not happy with you right now. Love your enemy. Hate the sin, not the sinner. Turn the other cheek. Any of this ringing a bell?

BTW: Before the 1890s in the US the age of consent was 12 at the highest in most states. In many it was 10. It was as low as 7. This was at a time dominated by Christianity.

Why cant atheists admit there are bad atheists and be done with it.
I know why.

If that was your one point this entire thread, you'd be right. But you've done nothing but attack and belittle everyone who doesn't believe in god, you still haven't quoted Darwin to prove his book caused genocide. You still haven't proved that atheism was the motivating factor behind your examples. You've done nothing but preach this entire thread.

Didnt comprehend it the first time, beyond you???
Miss it did you, clarify the obvious for you again did I.

Yes Master Yoda. I was out of tune with the force at the time and missed your detailed explanation.
edit on 14-8-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I am doing exactly what the average atheist does, that was the point of the whole thread. Mimic stupidity.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell". -C.S. Lewis

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

So you have no worth if it wasn't for your religious views?
The only reason you don't kill someone is because of your faith?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42

That what I don't understand... we currently have higher moral standards than what is teach in the bible... and there still people think that book's moral is better.

edit on 7/12/12 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackcube

Originally posted by interupt42

That what I don't understand... we currently have higher moral standards than what is teach in the bible... and there still people think that book's moral is better.

That was a great and painful video to watch. The poor guy was stumbling all over the place. To be fair its much harder to argue against reason and logic.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by DeadSnow

Chairman Mao did not kill in the name of atheism or to convert people to atheism or to stop or stamp out religion. His motives had nothing whatsoever to do with religion OR atheism. He killed for political reasons.

Source
edit on 7/17/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

But he did stamp out religion and he did kill religious people because they were religious and he did work to make athiesm the only acceptable belief system.

We have a bit of a dichotomy in the debate: if person who is connected to a religion does something horrible, the default answer is "see, look at how evil religion is." (Neglecting all of the noble things people have done in the name of religion--Mother Theresa of Calcutta anyone?) However, if a non-religious person does something, it is always "he did it for other reasons."

IMHO, the truth is that the vast majority of conflicts and so forth that have been done throughout history have essentially been done for the same reasons--land, power, wealth--regardless the motivation. Salem witch trials? Religious hysteria at first glance, but when we notice that the lands and possesions of the accused turned over to the ruling class upon conviction, the secondary motivation becomes obvious. Spanish conquest? Gold. War of the roses? Catholic vs protestant or two royal families fighting for power? It all comes down to the same basic tenants.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

IMHO, the truth is that the vast majority of conflicts and so forth that have been done throughout history have essentially been done for the same reasons--land, power, wealth--regardless the motivation. Salem witch trials? Religious hysteria at first glance, but when we notice that the lands and possesions of the accused turned over to the ruling class upon conviction, the secondary motivation becomes obvious. Spanish conquest? Gold. War of the roses? Catholic vs protestant or two royal families fighting for power? It all comes down to the same basic tenants.

In other words.. .the religious people use religious excuse to hide the real reasons... I am pretty aware about that and that's exactly why we must point out the hypocrisy of such people for using religion as excuse. Because today religion is kinda a taboo topic, we can't critic it because it would be politic incorrect.... we would be hurting their feelings...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

In other words.. .the religious people use religious excuse to hide the real reasons... I am pretty aware about that and that's exactly why we must point out the hypocrisy of such people for using religion as excuse. Because today religion is kinda a taboo topic, we can't critic it because it would be politic incorrect.... we would be hurting their feelings...

LOL, Christianity is one of the religions that is freely criticised throughout the western world.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

LOL, Christianity is one of the religions that is freely criticised throughout the western world.

But you can say same thing about other religions and other places?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

But you can say same thing about other religions and other places?

Islam in the PC west is largely off limits, as is Judeism. Europe has a lot of "do not offend people of different cultures" laws.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Theres one thing id say though..

Religious people took terrorism to a new realm by mutliating their childrens genitals as soon as they are born.

Nothing like stabbing your baby in the crotch to let them know they better do what you say or theyll burn in hell for eternity.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join