It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist terrorists are as bad as any other religious extremist

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubAce

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by borntowatch

Mao thought he was god... And buddists had been murdering each other with zeal long before pol pot gave them a concrete social agenda.

Stalin also liked clothes as much as atheism... So why not blame clothing?

Well, at least we know his non-belief in God didn't help him be a better person.

Jehovah's Witnesses have killed 0 people in wars and genocides during the 20th century to present. There are over 8 million of them worldwide and they have never killed anyone ever anywhere. They have in many places been brutalized and murdered because they refuse to kill other people, but they still refuse to kill anyone.

Hitler murdered many Jehovah's Witnesses because they would not murder for him. Stalin murdered and brutalized many Jehovah's Witnesses because they would not murder for him.

The United States has a horrible record of discrimination and hatred toward Jehovah's Witnesses because they refused to murder their brothers.

Atheism has proven to be a failure to create peace. False religions cause only rotten fruit. Atheism is not the solution. The truth is the solution.

The End of False Religion is Near, atheism will be no safe-haven for mankind when the governments turn upon and destroy the world's religions for their disgusting badness.

Yeah Jehovah Witnesses were a prophecy cult who failed with their prophecy's so many times they had to change to a anti Trinity cult www.bible.ca...

They have and print their own bible so they can justify their beliefs
www.towerwatch.com...

and like the pre reformation Catholics they are not allowed to study the bible on their own
“Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible. For this reason the Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah’s visible organization in mind.”—The Watchtower, October 1, 1967, p. 587
The church owns your mind

They kill peoples spirit
www.youtube.com...

and have murderers in their midst, they do KILL people
watchtowernews.org...

Its really sad when religious nutters and or atheist creeps take the moral high ground.
You are all as bad as each other

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Are benevolent atheists just as good as any other benevolent religious person? Please answer that one as it's much more applicable today.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
Are benevolent atheists just as good as any other benevolent religious person? Please answer that one as it's much more applicable today.

Applying the logic of the OP, the answer would be yes.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Logic? in a thread about religion? you must be joking.

Also, atheists don't support incest and pedophilia
edit on 13-8-2012 by MastaShake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake

To be fair, neither do "benevolent religious people".

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Yep, that's exactly why I said it. Something tells me the OP won't agree.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Yep, that's exactly why I said it. Something tells me the OP won't agree.

Actually he might. His point is that those murdering in the name of god are no better or worse than his short list of murdering atheists.

Don't know if he got or missed the facts that any murderers belief/disbelief is irrelevant and that atheists are not really a group but I think not.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I have atheist friends who are far better people than I, more benevolent if you wish.

I am a sinner who has accepted Jesus because of my sin.

Isnt it funny, how arrogant I am. Accepting my failures and that religion and its followers have been distorted, are evil. I can say yes
As opposed to you, how illogical and righteous you are. All atheists are good noble scientificly reasonable people with no sin, you say

Atheist terrorists are as bad as any other religious extremist

You bleed arrogance and righteousness
Atheism the new religion
edit on 13-8-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Don't know if he got or missed the facts that any murderers belief/disbelief is irrelevant and that atheists are not really a group but I think not.

You dont think that "murderers belief/disbelief is irrelevant" could be the WHOLE point of the thread, maybe...no?
You dont think atheists are a group, come on you cant be that blind?
edit on 13-8-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake

edit on 13-8-2012 by MastaShake because: (no reason given)

I know of atheists who do support paedophilia and incest
en.wikipedia.org...
now I am not suggesting their are no religious people amongst them. I know muslims like little girls, but their are plenty of atheists among them and atheism doesnt disprove of paedophilia, not at all.

Look, out of Australia, incest is being supported www.abc.net.au...
Atheism doesnt recognise incest as wrong. In fact atheism endorses paedophilia and incest by its non recognition of it.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
Atheism doesnt recognise incest as wrong. In fact atheism endorses paedophilia and incest by its non recognition of it.

Stamp collecting doesn't recognise incest as wrong. In fact, stamp collecting endorses paedophilia and incest by its non recognition of it.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

You dont think that "murderers belief/disbelief is irrelevant" could be the WHOLE point of the thread, maybe...no?

Could be, but if it is you did a pretty bad job of making that clear.

I'm an atheist and I don't feel I belong to any group that those on your list belonged to. I probably share more beliefs and ideals with younger religious people than Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Do people really stereotype religious persons and non-religious (atheist) persons this much? The OP's argument was so biased, I'm not even sure how to respond.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Could be, but if it is you did a pretty bad job of making that clear.

I'm an atheist and I don't feel I belong to any group that those on your list belonged to. I probably share more beliefs and ideals with younger religious people than Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot.

Maybe its your comprehension skills, others picked up on it quickly.

and your not in the opposing group to Christianity, the atheist klick on this site, come on. You are just a part of the crew the group but deny it. Look at your past posts.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BagBing

Stamp collecting doesn't recognise incest as wrong. In fact, stamp collecting endorses paedophilia and incest by its non recognition of it.

Yeah true, but stamp collecting is not a faith/belief like atheism.
I bet stamp collectors have opinions on the issue

Is that your best argument....seriously? Stamp collecting is a philosophy now.... is it.
The new atheism and the new atheist.

Why cant atheists admit there are bad atheists and be done with it.
I know why.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Maybe its your comprehension skills, others picked up on it quickly.

Sorry but the OP and now the twist you are trying to give it are not the same.

and your not in the opposing group to Christianity, the atheist klick on this site, come on. You are just a part of the crew the group but deny it.

No, but even if I was I would still not be part of Stalin's, Mao's and Pol Pot's groups. Even they were not part of each other's groups.

Look at your past posts.

I guess I could call your comprehension skills into question because disagreeing with someone does not mean you oppose them.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeta67
Do people really stereotype religious persons and non-religious (atheist) persons this much? The OP's argument was so biased, I'm not even sure how to respond.

You want to expand on that throw away line.
Evidently according to many here, Christians all support the crusades, supported slavery and the inquisition.
Stereotype much you reckon???

Biased, most atheists around here think al atheists are angels come down from heaven who love everyone and everything, wouldnt harm a fly. All died to forgive sins
Christians on the other hand are blood thirsty despots like Stalin Pol Pot and Mao.

Biased you reckon???

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

No, but even if I was I would still not be part of Stalin's, Mao's and Pol Pot's groups. Even they were not part of each other's groups.

I am sorry, I didnt post this thread about you, you are not the centre of my world or Cambodia. I am not accusing you of anything you have done or will.

My comments are
Atheist terrorists (that means specific individuals(NOT YOU)) are as bad (are evil) as any other religious extremist (that means specific individuals(not me))

Nothing to do with you, its not about you, its not about me. Its an observation.
You are not relevant
Sorry

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I just noticed Barcs that my comment above this post of your ADMITS that openly, clearly and plainly.
Why ask me to repeat my previous statement. Didnt comprehend it the first time, beyond you???
Miss it did you, clarify the obvious for you again did I.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I am sorry, I didnt post this thread about you

It was a response to your direct question of

and your not in the opposing group to Christianity, the atheist klick on this site,

So unless you don't want responses stop asking questions.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join