Atheist terrorists are as bad as any other religious extremist

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by deessell

Originally posted by borntowatch
I just got back from Cambodia, visited the Killing Fields. 9000 bodys have been recovered and I wonder how many more are still left in their graves.
The simple fact is this action was undertaken by religious extremists, atheists.

I'm sorry, but I don't believe you have just come back from Cambodia and the killing fields. Why? Because I find it very difficult to understand how anyone could come away, from being here in Cambodia, thinking that religious extremist atheists were responsible for the state sponsored crimes against humanity.

It is common knowledge that those killed were 'enemies of the party'. You are using this tragedy to support your weak thesis. Please don't do this, it is offensive to those that survived, and those that didn't. And, more importantly, you do an injustice to this generation's children.

Hardly relevant what you think but for fun I will play.
The average age of the population in Cambodia is 22. Its evident when you walk the streets, because of this I was constantly reminded of Pol Pots Khmer rouge, their communism and atheist beliefs that lead to the slaughter of millions.
State sponsored crimes based on communism evolution and atheism.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I think you need to read some history regarding this event. The entire population of Phnom Penh was ordered to leave the city. Why? The KR wanted to create an agrarian society. No where in any of their propaganda was it stated that they wanted to create an 'atheist' state.

They may have been 'godless communists', but that is where your tenuous connection ends.

Yes, the majority of the population is under 25, but you will see middle aged and elderly people walking the streets.

Many Cambodian were also killed by the US bombings, don't forget that. Maybe the US (Christians) were aiming to kill Buddhists?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

The average age of the population in Cambodia is 22. Its evident when you walk the streets, because of this I was constantly reminded of Pol Pots Khmer rouge, their communism and atheist beliefs that lead to the slaughter of millions.

Sorry but there are about 70 countries with average ages lower than Cambodia which did not suffer the slaughter of millions.

I think you are having trouble with "Correlation does not imply causation".

is a phrase used in science and statistics to emphasize that a correlation between two variables does not automatically imply that one causes the other

edit on 9-8-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Pol pot got his motives and methods from religous zealots that lived there for hundreds of years.

If you did some real research youd see that the actions of those terrorists was religiously motivated.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I think you need to read some history regarding this event. The entire population of Phnom Penh was ordered to leave the city. Why? The KR wanted to create an agrarian society. No where in any of their propaganda was it stated that they wanted to create an 'atheist' state.

They may have been 'godless communists', but that is where your tenuous connection ends.

Yes, the majority of the population is under 25, but you will see middle aged and elderly people walking the streets.

Many Cambodian were also killed by the US bombings, don't forget that. Maybe the US (Christians) were aiming to kill Buddhists?

They may have been 'godless communists', Thats the quote and you stated it.
Why go on and on and on and on when you see it so clearly

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Sorry but there are about 70 countries with average ages lower than Cambodia which did not suffer the slaughter of millions.

I think you are having trouble with "Correlation does not imply causation".

is a phrase used in science and statistics to emphasize that a correlation between two variables does not automatically imply that one causes the other

edit on 9-8-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

Yeah BUT Cambodia did, thats the whole point
I am talking about Cambodia. I am, hence the thread. Hence my view and statement.

Atheist apologists, and you dont want it called a religion.
You just defend your religion is all.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Pol pot got his motives and methods from religous zealots that lived there for hundreds of years.

If you did some real research youd see that the actions of those terrorists was religiously motivated.

Crap, he got it in France. What nonsense.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Yeah BUT Cambodia did, thats the whole point
I am talking about Cambodia. I am, hence the thread. Hence my view and statement.

Atheist apologists, and you dont want it called a religion.
You just defend your religion is all.

I guess you didn't bother reading why correlation isn't causation. I know what the whole point was but the proof you offer (average age of 22) is lacking, just like most of what you have offered throughout the thread because you can't seem to differentiate between correlation and causation.

Since I've also used the same "apology" to defend religious "terrorists" do I also get a nifty "religious apologist" label?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

As I said to you in my original post, I doubt you have even been to Cambodia.

Extraordinary claims, need extraordinary proof.

The Khmer Rouge Trials are on currently, and there has been nothing in these trials that would support your thesis.

Check for yourself.
www.eccc.gov.kh...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

As I said to you in my original post, I doubt you have even been to Cambodia.

Extraordinary claims, need extraordinary proof.

The Khmer Rouge Trials are on currently, and there has been nothing in these trials that would support your thesis.

Check for yourself.
www.eccc.gov.kh...

Well I think you are a spambot, so what?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
No, I am attempting to relieve you of your delusions. I am attempting to prove that you are wrong. I am attempting to evidence so support my opinion.

Good night!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Well I still think you are a spambot and Mao and Stalin and Pol Pot all had one thing (at least) in common....atheists
You have a goodnoight as well.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Still no quotes from "Origin of Species" to back your claims? That's what I thought. Keep on trolling, buddy.
edit on 11-8-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Ok

Atheist terrorists are as bad as any other religious extremist, Mao and Pol Pot and Stalin killed over 100 million and they were all atheists
What a coincidence

Yes religion has a disgusting amount of deaths attributed to it and there are no excuses, its horrendous and unacceptable
but
Atheist terrorists are as bad as any other religious extremist, Mao and Pol Pot and Stalin killed over 100 million and they were all atheists
What a coincidence

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
What a coincidence! You ignored all points and still haven't backed up the Darwin claim. It's hilarious. When in doubt repeat the original claim. How much hate do you have in your heart?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Ok

What a coincidence

Yes religion has a disgusting amount of deaths attributed to it and there are no excuses, its horrendous and unacceptable
but
What a coincidence

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BagBing

You are religious (atheist) and as I stated I cant be bothered with you

Atheism is not equal to religion.

You can stamp your feet and make childish comments all you want, but you're wrong. Period.

Atheism is a religion, I dont have to stamp my feet and make childish comments. I can make this simple comment
Atheism is a religion.
and I can use the dictionary to justify it. I wont, cos I just dont care.

Now you can stamp your feet and make childish comments all you want, but you're wrong.

I am not saying all atheists are religious but atheism is a religion to many.

carm.org...

Let me quote from the link that you seem to think backs up your opinion...

No, I'm not saying they believe in a God, and I'm not saying atheism is a religion. But, they sure acted as though it were. Let me explain...

If you're going to quote sources, make sure they actually agree with you!

edit on 12-8-2012 by BagBing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
For one reason or another I dont really mind that a site I posted has some differing ideals

Ok

What a coincidence

but
What a coincidence

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Mao thought he was god... And buddists had been murdering each other with zeal long before pol pot gave them a concrete social agenda.

Stalin also liked clothes as much as atheism... So why not blame clothing?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Mao thought he was god... And buddists had been murdering each other with zeal long before pol pot gave them a concrete social agenda.

Stalin also liked clothes as much as atheism... So why not blame clothing?

Well, at least we know his non-belief in God didn't help him be a better person.

Jehovah's Witnesses have killed 0 people in wars and genocides during the 20th century to present. There are over 8 million of them worldwide and they have never killed anyone ever anywhere. They have in many places been brutalized and murdered because they refuse to kill other people, but they still refuse to kill anyone.

Hitler murdered many Jehovah's Witnesses because they would not murder for him. Stalin murdered and brutalized many Jehovah's Witnesses because they would not murder for him.

The United States has a horrible record of discrimination and hatred toward Jehovah's Witnesses because they refused to murder their brothers.

Atheism has proven to be a failure to create peace. False religions cause only rotten fruit. Atheism is not the solution. The truth is the solution.

The End of False Religion is Near, atheism will be no safe-haven for mankind when the governments turn upon and destroy the world's religions for their disgusting badness.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join