It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist terrorists are as bad as any other religious extremist

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by Annee
Talk Origins is one man's philosophy. It is archived material from 1998-2006.

Here is John S. Wilkins current site: Evolving Thoughts evolvingthoughts.net...

At least try to be current.

You dont get to tell me how to act and what to believe, neither does he (whoever he is). You dont control anyone.
I am telling you what I think and see, you are telling me what I have to think and see. You are creepy, you dont dominate and control. I am not affected by what you think, or what those you respect think.
Leave it out, we have different opinions. I accept yours, its fine for you, now move forward.

Dont tell me what to think. I am not your servant/subject. Get over yourself

Sometimes there just are no words.

Self explanatory.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Talk Origins is one man's philosophy. It is archived material from 1998-2006.

Here is John S. Wilkins current site: Evolving Thoughts evolvingthoughts.net...

At least try to be current.

You dont get to tell me how to act and what to believe, neither does he (whoever he is). You dont control anyone.
I am telling you what I think and see, you are telling me what I have to think and see. You are creepy, you dont dominate and control. I am not affected by what you think, or what those you respect think.
Leave it out, we have different opinions. I accept yours, its fine for you, now move forward.

Dont tell me what to think. I am not your servant/subject. Get over yourself

Sometimes there just are no words.

Self explanatory.

Proverbs 27:15 KJV
edit on 25-7-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Yet they open up with a denial its a metaphysical belief?? I wonder WHY that is? Oh no I dont, because it is a metaphysical belief and they know it to the point they deny it.

www.talkorigins.org...
Read the summary, it states. Its metaphysical belief but we wont admit it and you shouldnt either
Quote "also acts as a philosophical attitude in dealing with complex change." Yeah thats a philosophical attitude, meaning they admit its a religion.

The exact statement, "Evolutionary theory is a scientific theory dealing with scientific data, not a system of metaphysical beliefs or a religion. It does, however, set the sorts of general problems biology deals with, and also acts as a philosophical attitude in dealing with complex change."

It doesn't say anything about evolution being a metaphysical religious belief or anything of the sort. That notion is wrong because there is a vast amount of evidence to support it.

Show me how evolution is repeatable observable and testable and please dont fall into macro micro evolution hole. Its a stupid petty unargument.

Micro / macro doesn't exist, that is the hole you are talking about. Those are just labels to describe the short term vs long term change in process of evolution. The process of genetic mutations sorted by natural selection is pretty much undeniable. Which part do you disagree with? Genetic mutations or natural selection?

We need species changing in to new species not differentiations within species

Speciation has also been observed in lab and nature. Just google it.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
There is no evidence, thats why it is still speculated.
Dont be silly.
Dawkins wont debate evolution anymore because Christians make him look silly, silly people get no respect.
Evolution fails on every level
Species dont change in to other species.
Show one then prove it

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
well prove it
Show the species and the evidence

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Hey look an atheist regime persecuting Christians. Evidently those in prison will al die, all of them
www.persecution.org...

Course thats not terrorism, I know that. Its just callous murder by atheists against those who disagree with their belief.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

You still haven't provided the #s of atheist terrorist murders in the name of atheism to substantiate your thread. Without substance you are just blindly attacking a non belief, which doesn't even make logical sense.

www.talkorigins.org...

Read this about speciation.

evolution.berkeley.edu...

More evidence including the description of the fruit fly experiment that proved speciation can happen.

www.pnas.org...

Here's a link to the actual experiment.

There is no evidence, thats why it is still speculated.
Dont be silly.

Sorry dude. Evolution is based on tons and tons of facts. You can't just come in here claiming its not just because you said so. Give some evidence and justification for your statements instead of just blind bashing. K thanks.

People don't debate evolution anymore because it's such an obvious fact of reality, you have to be a complete ignoramus to dismiss it.
edit on 26-7-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
A fly turned in to a fly, Eureka!
Bit underwhelming really.

When I was in Cambodia I saw the fields were probably hundreds of thousands were killed by atheists in the name of communism.
If that point is hard for you to comprehend then there is nothing I can add

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

this quote says it all :

When I was in Cambodia I saw the fields were probably hundreds of thousands were killed by atheists in the name of communism.

so even you admit now that they were killed in the name of communism , not atheism

thankyou

PS - communism / atheism are not interchsngable , nor are they synonmons

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
No they are not synonymous but Darwinism and communism and atheism lead to massive death tolls, lead to evil on a scale seldom seen on this earth.
Seem to be inherently evil of their own accord, then when added together become far more sinister

To suggest I consider them all the same is ludicrous, but I do consider them all faith belief and religion
edit on 27-7-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I fail to see how religion has any bearing on how bad of a terrorist one can be. Aren't all terrorists bad?'
Or is terrorism only bad when it isn't in the name of (insert your God's name here)?

Some terrorists are Atheist. Some are Muslim. Some are Christian. Some are Jewish. Some are Buddhist....the list goes on. They're all bad.

See what I'm getting at here?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

And your evidence is where? Denial isn't a legitimate argument. The fly became a different species of fly that could no longer reproduce with the originals. That is the definition of speciation, and solid proof that you are wrong in your assumptions about evolution.

Communism does not equal atheism. It is substantially more than a lack of belief in god. If you are simply going a say an atheist killed somebody, then I can simply cite every time a religious person has, which makes them responsible for virtually every way in the last 50 years. What was the religion of the only person in the world to ever drop a nuclear bomb?
edit on 27-7-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by U4ea82

I fail to see how religion has any bearing on how bad of a terrorist one can be. Aren't all terrorists bad?'
Or is terrorism only bad when it isn't in the name of (insert your God's name here)?

Some terrorists are Atheist. Some are Muslim. Some are Christian. Some are Jewish. Some are Buddhist....the list goes on. They're all bad.

See what I'm getting at here?

You are not failing to see anything other than my point

The point is that people no matter what they choose to believe, use their perspective belief to do bad.
No one is better or worse.
That is the point.

Though if we take death tolls in to consideration, things change
edit on 27-7-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

And your evidence is where? Denial isn't a legitimate argument. The fly became a different species of fly that could no longer reproduce with the originals. That is the definition of speciation, and solid proof that you are wrong in your assumptions about evolution.

Communism does not equal atheism. It is substantially more than a lack of belief in god. If you are simply going a say an atheist killed somebody, then I can simply cite every time a religious person has, which makes them responsible for virtually every way in the last 50 years. What was the religion of the only person in the world to ever drop a nuclear bomb?

Yeah you might have me there, a fly turned in to a fly.
I am staggered, what was once a fly is now a fly. I cant comprehend with my ignorant Christian brain a fly morphing/evolving in to a fly. Thats just so amazing. Can you show me the evidence, hang on, I will take your word that a fly can turn in to a fly, I am a trusting guy
Eh, a fly producing flys, come on thats pathetic utterly pathetic.

Communism does not equal atheism and all religions are not the same. The argument that religion kills more people than anything else is a lie and I am exposing that lie. The premise and opening post states.
Argue that point, dont twist the issue to to find solid ground.

I dont care their breed, atheists, darwinists or communists. I am lumping them together.....get it? As most lump all religions together....get it yet?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Link
There are 16,000 types of flies in north america alone, a lot look very different.......
Do you expect a fly to turn into a lizard?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Yeah you might have me there, a fly turned in to a fly.
I am staggered, what was once a fly is now a fly. I cant comprehend with my ignorant Christian brain a fly morphing/evolving in to a fly. Thats just so amazing. Can you show me the evidence, hang on, I will take your word that a fly can turn in to a fly, I am a trusting guy
Eh, a fly producing flys, come on thats pathetic utterly pathetic.

there are many species of fly. I know it's difficult to understand when you haven't done a single ounce of research about evolution.

We need species changing in to new species not differentiations within species

Your exact quote. When one species of fly turns into another species of fly, that is changing into a new species, whether you like it or not. What, are you expecting the fly to turn into a frog or a cat?

A terrorist is bad, no matter what their beliefs or non beliefs are. Extremists and fundamentalists have been a problem for a long time.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Atheism is responsible for more deaths than Monotheism?? Are you insane??? Ever heard of the Inquisition, the Salem Witch Trials??? Christianity's blatant disregard for Pagan peoples practices or beliefs in Norway during the Pagan Viking purge??? They destroyed pagan temples and built f####ng churches on the ruins!!!! They've murdered countless innocents in the name of Monotheism!!!!! Listen, Communists happen to be Atheists but have never killed in the name of 'no god' only in the name of Communism to push the package of dictatorship. Their lack of faith has nothing to do with their crimes. What about the 'Jihad' or honor killings??? Have you ever read the Quran?? Some pretty sick beliefs in that trash heap.

I can't even believe you think the way that you do on this matter.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

edit on 28-7-2012 by toxicblud because: double post cursor mayhem.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Link
There are 16,000 types of flies in north america alone, a lot look very different.......
Do you expect a fly to turn into a lizard?

No, no I dont expect a fly to turn in to a lizard, that is what evolution teaches, not what I believe

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by toxicblud

Atheism is responsible for more deaths than Monotheism?? Are you insane??? Ever heard of the Inquisition, the Salem Witch Trials??? Christianity's blatant disregard for Pagan peoples practices or beliefs in Norway during the Pagan Viking purge??? They destroyed pagan temples and built f####ng churches on the ruins!!!! They've murdered countless innocents in the name of Monotheism!!!!! Listen, Communists happen to be Atheists but have never killed in the name of 'no god' only in the name of Communism to push the package of dictatorship. Their lack of faith has nothing to do with their crimes. What about the 'Jihad' or honor killings??? Have you ever read the Quran?? Some pretty sick beliefs in that trash heap.

I can't even believe you think the way that you do on this matter.

I think we went through this awhile ago in this very thread.

Why dont you go crunch the numbers before ranting and making yourself look a fool

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join