It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist terrorists are as bad as any other religious extremist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I just got back from Cambodia, visited the Killing Fields. 9000 bodys have been recovered and I wonder how many more are still left in their graves.
The simple fact is this action was undertaken by religious extremists, atheists.
The communist atheist Khmer Rouge slaughtered millions in Cambodia but if we consider Mao or Stalin how many more lives have been lost because of the most bloody and silly religion that is the belief in no god, the belief that all humanity are nothing but animals. All humanity have no real value. Life is of no importance.

I note the anti Christian and anti Muslim arguments, but I think its worth noting that atheism has more bloody hands and a larger death toll than all the religions put together.

The new atheists dont seem to have changed their tune from the old atheists either. Seems like its all being set up again so the same situation, the same slaughter will happen again.

Seems from where I sit atheists are as extreme as any fundamentalist group, more violent with less values.

Anyway, I thought it worth noting.

+41 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

You're mixing it.

Religious terrorism is killing for religious reasons.

The Khmer, Mao or Stalin have not killed because of atheism.

Their reasons were other.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I think the term 'terrorist' best suits them, there's little need to add Muslim/Christian/Atheist etc.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I think terrorist is the wrong word. That really is specific to people trying to achieve a goal by terrorizing other people...not exterminating them. The real top killers of the 20th....Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin and Hitler as individuals...weren't trying to terrorize. They just had a population they determined they were going to erase and that took time. I'm not sure what you call them when they run a nation and commit slaughter as national policy. Terrorist just seems ...too trivial..to capture the scope of it all for that level.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Reply to post by DeadSnow

No no, there is a need to attach belief system. A theist who commits an act of genocide does so because they believe it is in their god's divine will. Entire civilizations have been ravaged based off that. Atheism is not a belief system and is definetly not a religion. Its just one simple trait, lacking a belief in god/s. Most of the OP is garbage but I am happy to see you did not try to throw hitler in the mix. Good job.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

"I note the anti Christian and anti Muslim arguments, but I think its worth noting that atheism has more bloody hands and a larger death toll than all the religions put together. "

Im sorry but you couldnt be more wrong.
Pretty much every war ever has been in the name of religion in one way or another.
Atheism isnt a religion, we're just smart enough to go with whats factually most likely.
I admit im not full atheist because i don't count out the idea of an intelligent creator, it just does'nt seem likely. At all.
If religion never happened and everyone believed the same thing (its a huge leap obviously) but different countries and cultures would most likely get along

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
Pretty much every war ever has been in the name of religion in one way or another.

So true.

If religion never happened and everyone believed the same thing (its a huge leap obviously) but different countries and cultures would most likely get along

Not necessarily at all.

Because most of other reasons to go for war are economical, territorial or racial.

Fact is, however, that people have not killed "in the name of atheism".

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
the most bloody and silly religion that is the belief in no god, the belief that all humanity are nothing but animals. All humanity have no real value. Life is of no importance.

This is a fundamental flaw in your argument. Dis-belief in a diety as an entity of worship does not equate to a belief that all humanity are nothing but animals or that humans have no real value or that life is unimportant.

You are attributing the behavior of the Khmer Rouge to atheism, which would imply that their main targets would be people of faith, when in fact they targeted just about everybody... having bad eyesight, for example, and having to wear glasses was enough, as they considered such people to be "educated" and all.

There is no doubt in my mind that there have been atrocities committed in the name of atheism. But there is no way that the battle standard of "atheism" even comes close to the number of people killed, tortured or displaced in the name of one religion or another.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

What of those that have killed to keep religion out?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

This is different from atheism. Again, I am not aware of anyone having killed "in the name of atheism". Those who want religion out are doing it for other reasons that have nothing to do with atheism. Atheism doesn't fight religions.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Well can you find some examples?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
There is no "Religion" called Atheist... its a common non belief people have. This does not mean what they do is because of this.

Hitler was a vegetarian.. so i guess all vegetarians are mass murderers?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

The simple fact is this action was undertaken by religious extremists, atheists.

If we apply your logic to all wars, we can see that the action of killing is undertaken by MEN... They are the problem. Men kill people in wars. So men are "gender extremists"... See the flaw?

Men don't kill BECAUSE they are men. They kill for various reasons.

The new atheists dont seem to have changed their tune from the old atheists either. Seems like its all being set up again so the same situation, the same slaughter will happen again.

Can you provide anything to back this up? How is it being set up for slaughter, again?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

The communist atheist Khmer Rouge slaughtered millions in Cambodia but if we consider Mao or Stalin how many more lives have been lost because of the most bloody and silly religion that is the belief in no god, the belief that all humanity are nothing but animals. All humanity have no real value. Life is of no importance.

Khmer, Mao, Stalin or others have not at all prevented their people to have religions. Again their killings were on other motivations. (not saying they were good motivations either...)

Besides, as said above, atheism is not a "religion that is the belief in no god". Religion is a dogma and a cult. Atheism has no dogma and no cult. It is a state of being, of thinking.

I note the anti Christian and anti Muslim arguments, but I think its worth noting that atheism has more bloody hands and a larger death toll than all the religions put together.

No. Not a single war in the whole history of the world is the result of atheists crusading against religious people.

(...) Seems from where I sit atheists are as extreme as any fundamentalist group, more violent with less values.

Care to give an example?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

If you murder, injure, steal, or threaten in the name of gods, then it is your belief in those gods which caused you to do so. Just as Hitler and Bush Jr. did. If you murder, injure, steal, or threaten in the name of the State, then the State caused you to do so. Just as Stalin and Lincoln did. I'm not aware of any mass murderers that have done so in the name of nothing. The athiest negates a belief in gods, but I don't know how it is possible to find a cause for their crimes through that negation. Jeffery Dahmer murdered for his pleasure, for instance. You can't commit crimes in the name of atheism, as far as I can reason.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

Mao Zedong?
2nd.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Chairman Mao did not kill in the name of atheism or to convert people to atheism or to stop or stamp out religion. His motives had nothing whatsoever to do with religion OR atheism. He killed for political reasons.

Source
edit on 7/17/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman

I admit im not full atheist because i don't count out the idea of an intelligent creator, it just does'nt seem likely. At all.

Actually, from history we have found that even when everyone believes the same thing, fighting will still happen. Fights over resources, land, women/men. We just can't seem to get a handle and except human nature.

I mean honestly, we glorify fighting with sports - but then we are expected not to war? We are conditioned to be fighters. We will always need fighters. There will always be some madman dictator...or has history taught us nothing? Evil exists. It doesn't matter if you are religious or not. It exists, and we will always need to fight against it. At least, that's my view of it all when I look at the past, live the present, and consider the future.

If everything was the same and everyone believed the same way - tyranny and oppression would reign. Look at the countries who do believe in that mentality. No, atheism is not the way to go (for everyone that is), instead, I think tolerance is the start to a kinder society. It's a lesson hard learned, but when we finally get there - at least our culture and ethnic history is preserved for later generations.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
atheism is a belief, no evidence supports it as a fact. Clearly atheists congregate and plan as a corporate group
www.atheistfoundation.org.au...
They have conventions
www.atheistconvention.org.au...
Its a religion by definition
re·li·gion   [ri-lij-uhn] Show IPA
noun
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe,
a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons
the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices

from here dictionary.reference.com...

Now the point is not the argument, the point is ALL people are as bad as each other.

Atheists have no moral high ground, they are according to history far more violent oppressive and brutally disgusting than those they accuse.

Mao, Pol Pot and Stalin believed in anything but religion and killed MILLIONS AND MILLIONS.

There can be no argument, the facts speak for themselves, atheists and atheism have no right to the moral high ground, they have more blood and lives on their hands than all the religions put together.

CHALLENGE THAT

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Chairman Mao did not kill in the name of atheism or to convert people to atheism or to stop or stamp out religion. His motives had nothing whatsoever to do with religion OR atheism. He killed for political reasons.

Source
edit on 7/17/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Crap, he was a Darwinian atheist.
what an ignorant reply

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join